Saturday, 2024-04-20, 12:06 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS

Welcome To The [A]uto [M]otive [G]odz Site & Forums

AMGMotorsports

Error of judgement? - Forum

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: B1gch0pper, Ryan  
Forum » General » General Discussion » Error of judgement?
Error of judgement?
JJDate: Monday, 2014-08-25, 12:35 PM | Message # 1
Noob
Group: Team Member
Hi guys, I'm back! (Yes I do love these forums! :D)

I had an interesting confrontation in the AMG GTi Motorsports server last night. I did some racing then decided to spectate and watch the racers and watch for troublemakers ect, anyway an XFG driver had caught my attention for quite awhile... He wasn't a very confident racer ( clearly used lfs for cruising/drifting from what I observed), he had no interest whatsoever in racing as he just wanted to use the server to drift. At first I thought he might be warming his tyres but corner after corner of epic sliding/drifting it became clear he wasn't here to race. I asked him to race and stop drifting as he was disrupting the other racers (he would pull over as a car approached to allow them to pass so they did not disrupt his drift session, but was causing blue flags, yellow flags and getting racers out of rhythm and what not) he did not respond to me so I asked him did he understand. He replied with a smart comment saying "I understand you lol. But it's technically not drifting because it's fwd. FYI" then continued to slide around the corners. So I spectated him to get him out of other racers way. And he wasn't to happy, saying it was real classy of me to spectate him when I simply had no response to him, I stated once more "no drifting" and once again he said "its not drifting". He rage quit not long after, I was expecting him to come here and report me as he did not agree with me at all, I kept the replay for evidence if it had come to that.
Being new to AMG and being new to administration, I usually like to leave the kicking/banning/spectating up to the seniors (Smoke, Wayne, Sin, Iceman, and other long time serving AMG members) as I'm still very new to it all, I do however when letting the seniors handle these situations... watch how they communicate and what action they take for different incidents ect. I also value their advice and like most people would prefer to not have to kick/ban anyone. but sometimes we owe it to other races enjoyment to take action.
The incident is over and I'm sure we're both moved on from it now. so not looking to have him banned or anything like that. basically the point of this post is to ask... Were my actions right? what would you have done in this situation? and was spectating the correct punishment or way too tough? or did he deserve ban/or kick? these situations always make us second guess our calls as admins but we have to stand our ground in certain circumstances.

p.s I'd like to note I don't always take note of Sir Wayne's communication to racers as I once witnessed him politely call a racer that had disobeyed a blue flag and ruined his fast lap a 'dickhead' lol. In defence of our mate Wayne and his professionalism as admin, We in Australia use ' dick head' as a term of endearment. :P
(Note: the above is in good jest and Wayne as we all know is a fantastic admin!!) good

Edit: Would you guys class what he was doing as 'drifting'? as far as I know drifting isn't a term specifically applied to rwd cars...
also if you guys wanna see replay let me know and I can pass it on, or I can post it to youtube and put the video here. thanks
AMG JJ

Message edited by JJ - Monday, 2014-08-25, 12:37 PM

IcemanDate: Monday, 2014-08-25, 2:24 PM | Message # 2
Uber Racer
Hi, 
first of all, spectating was imo the right decision. It would be too harsh to ban or kick him. Our servers are all about racing, as the name of them cleary says. Since we are a racing team, that's what we want to see on the servers. He clearly didn't understand what you tried to tell him, so if hes upset after you spec him and decides to leave, that's up to him. There are enough drift/fun servers where hes allowed to "slide since it's FWD" and that is where he should do it.

So no worries mate, you did everything right wink and i'm sure Kevin will also approve it.
See you on the server later  wine

Team Member

SinDate: Tuesday, 2014-08-26, 8:15 AM | Message # 3
Alien Racer
Group: Administrators
I would've done the same thing mate, if people take the time to look at our server !rules it clearly says no drifting/cruising as we host race servers. Don't worry about the admin thing too much mate - it's a thankless job at times, luckily Airio takes care of most of it good

Team Member

[SMOKE]Date: Tuesday, 2014-08-26, 2:05 PM | Message # 4
Pro Racer
I'm really proud of you JJ, you did everything right. You warned him first, then you warned him again, then you just spectated him, and only because you needed to. You never lost your cool, and you didn't rush to kick/ban - you were a very patient guy - that's why we love you buddy, we have the best admins and you're proving yourself to be one of them. It won't be long before you'll have some new admins looking to your seniority for wisdom. You've got the right stuff.

Message edited by [SMOKE] - Tuesday, 2014-08-26, 3:55 PM

JJDate: Saturday, 2014-08-30, 5:21 PM | Message # 5
Noob
Thanks for the support guys, I must be doing something right!

LETS RACE! See you guys on the track
[AMG]JJ

Forum » General » General Discussion » Error of judgement?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024