Thursday, 2024-03-28, 8:32 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS

Welcome To The [A]uto [M]otive [G]odz Site & Forums

AMGMotorsports

Latin america connections to AMG servers - Forum

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: B1gch0pper, Ryan  
Forum » General » General Discussion » Latin america connections to AMG servers (Why there is a high ping there?)
Latin america connections to AMG servers
Ethan_MckaneDate: Thursday, 2014-11-20, 4:39 AM | Message # 1
Noob
Group: Users
I found out that it's about a line that connects towards Latin America to the European region, according to what i managed to gather, they said it hasn't been updated/remade since 1999, this is the main reason why alot of Latin Americans with high-end ISP's in their countries can't access the servers, or avoid having a MASSIVE ping when they race there, as it's outdated, wich is what someone said when i asked about the lag on the lfs servers, to quote him... "Connections to the other side of the world has been to this day... a disaster".

Guatemala is part of the Latin American region, this means that i'm also forced to use that line, much to my dissapointment.

I have a good ISP, as i was able to pay for it, but it still lags on me ocassionally, wich is not good when i do close racing.

Is there an alternative i can use to get an even lower ping?, i won't stop racing in LFS because i got addicted to it, and i loved the AMG servers in general.

Well, i'm happy to be able to race in those servers at all tough, had alot of fun in there.

-Ethan Mckane

Message edited by Ethan_Mckane - Thursday, 2014-11-20, 4:39 AM

SinDate: Thursday, 2014-11-20, 8:05 AM | Message # 2
Alien Racer
Group: Administrators
I'm sorry to say the only way you will get a better connection is to move closer to Europe.... As this isn't an option the only other thing is to race on servers which are based in your region, but as we know LFS isn't very well populated in South America (regarding popular servers anyway) - In short I'm guessing you're stuck with what you have.

Team Member

Forum » General » General Discussion » Latin america connections to AMG servers (Why there is a high ping there?)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024