[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: B1gch0pper  
Forum » rFactor 2 » General Discussion » My situation
My situation
SinDate: Saturday, 2012-02-25, 6:01 PM | Message # 1
Alien Racer
Group: Administrators
Well atm i'm having trouble staying on the game itself as my PC is over-heating - this is down to the fan on my gfx card , it just isn't man enough to do the job anymore (probably doesn't help that i've been pushing it lol) ... i'm also having issues with the processor running too hot as well , so i'm going to upgrade my gfx card to a Nvidia GTX 560Ti (i'll be able to run everything on full with that) - i'm also getting an arctic cooling system for the processor , hopefully all done by early next week ...

If i can't stay off the game till then i'll just have to run it with the side panel off and an external fan blowing air in - it should be enough to allow me to stay connected for a bit anyway good

Team Member

kvDate: Tuesday, 2012-02-28, 3:14 PM | Message # 2
Pro Racer
Group: Team Member
Nvidia GTX 560Ti sound good.

what about GTX550ti?? its better for money but little bit "slower"
is it enough good?

atm i have 9600gt..its enough for a minimum graphics + only i am on the track.

i select BF3 for watching what can this gfx card:
looks good, what do you think??

550ti:
http://www.geforce.com/Hardwar....-Ti-OPS

560ti:
http://www.geforce.com/Hardwar....-Ti-OPS

in 1680x1050 res i dont really see too much diff. average 40fps (550ti) 43 fps(560ti)for sure ULTRA settings.

Team Member

Message edited by kv - Tuesday, 2012-02-28, 3:24 PM

SinDate: Tuesday, 2012-02-28, 7:32 PM | Message # 3
Alien Racer
Thx Vic - some good comparisons there ... but i simply went for the 560ti because they offered it to me with £25 off , so a bit of a no-brainer in my opinion . the GTS250 that i'm currently using is about 3 years old now so its done ok , i just wanted to get something that was much better than i already had good

Team Member

SinDate: Thursday, 2012-03-01, 5:13 PM | Message # 4
Alien Racer
UPDATE :

My PC went in to have the gfx card and cooling system fitted - and it seems my "new" 750W power supply isn't man enough to run the GTX560ti and bigger cooling fans ... so luckily for me as it's still quite new there taking it out and replacing it with a bigger PSU , I should have it back tomorrow as they didn't have one in stock .

As of yesterday I recieved my new Logitech G27 and after some fiddling about it's all working great - thx to Les and Chop for the help on TS ... I can't wait to get it back and max that bad boy out on rFactor2 .

pray

Team Member

SinDate: Saturday, 2012-03-03, 8:41 PM | Message # 5
Alien Racer
After some fiddling about with gfx settings via the Asus GPUTweak program and ingame with rF2 I'm now getting an average of 50 - 80 FPS with everything maxed out including X16 anisotropic and antialiasing at level 8 ... I've achieved this with a very mild overclock , which was a preset function on GPUTweak . The game now looks incredible - there's so much more detail on and around every track now i can hardly take it all in ... hmm maybe i will have to get triple monitors next wink

Team Member

kvDate: Saturday, 2012-03-03, 9:23 PM | Message # 6
Pro Racer
Group: Team Member
cool! good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS4K-GpkLAM

Team Member

Message edited by kv - Sunday, 2012-03-04, 9:07 AM

lfsmodsDate: Tuesday, 2022-11-08, 9:05 AM | Message # 7
Noob
Group: Users
Maybe you need 3080  smile