Thursday, 2024-05-02, 1:07 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS

Welcome To The [A]uto [M]otive [G]odz Site & Forums

AMGMotorsports

New Phone? - Forum

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: B1gch0pper, Ryan  
Forum » General » Off Topic » New Phone? (N97?? Dont bother...)
New Phone?
B1gch0pperDate: Thursday, 2009-11-05, 7:16 PM | Message # 1
Alien Racer
Group: Moderators
Just a quick note to let you know that if you are thinking of getting a Nokia N97 phone, dont bother, they are shockingly poor...
Got mine at start of July a week after they were released and have have nothing but problems with it, ive lost all my data and downloaded apps 5 times, has cost me over £50 in lost games and apps, it continually will not switch on once its powered down and the software for it is so poor it is no where near powerful enough for the hardware it sits on...
So there ya go, rant over...

DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go buy an Iphone or HTC or sommat

Team Member

AdiDate: Thursday, 2009-11-05, 7:40 PM | Message # 2
Uber Racer
Group: Users
Didn't know that N97 is so bad, well i'm thinking about new phone but lol... they are expensive.... meybe 5800, any1 have it? ;S

Team Member

SinDate: Thursday, 2009-11-05, 8:27 PM | Message # 3
Alien Racer
Group: Administrators
Sorry to hear that Chop , i thought the N97 was gonna be a lot better than that ... after all the N96 was total pants , looks like the N95 is still the best one then .
I use the E71 , its a really good phone that does everything that i want ... plus it doesn't seem to have any flaws that i can find , the only thing that i would change on it would be the size of the screen ... but i suppose it would be hard to have a bigger screen and a qwerty keyboard on a mobile phone , ahh well i guess we cant have everything now can we wink

Team Member

BanDiTDate: Thursday, 2009-11-05, 11:21 PM | Message # 4
Intermediate
Well chop i think you had just really bad phone from factory! I have few friend who have that phone and they are really happy with it and no problems at all.

Personally I used to have N95 and now after 1 year i have changed phone like 3 times and nothing has been as good as my n95 was!

iPhone and HTC the best i agree on that one!

IcemanDate: Thursday, 2009-11-05, 11:25 PM | Message # 5
Uber Racer
Group: Team Member
Didnt heard about problems like that...

It´s sad that u lost ur data surprised

I have a LG KU990 and i dont have any problems with it smile only the theme changing is a bit hard happy

Team Member

B1gch0pperDate: Thursday, 2009-11-05, 11:26 PM | Message # 6
Alien Racer
Quote (Sin)
looks like the N95 is still the best one then

I hear that buddy...
Had a N95 8GB (and still have) for 18 months before i got my shiny new N97 in July and didnt have one problem with it. It NEVER let me down, was fast and powerful, held tons of music and photos on its 8GB memory so i thought the upgrade to the 32GB N97 was the way to go...
But alas the N97 touchscreen is poor, no where near as good as the iphone touchscreen, and like i say, the software that runs it is like its from the stone ages, if it does actually do what its supposed to its so SLOW, u press a button, wait, press it again like 5 times and then 30 secs later it does all the presses in one go and screws up...
And the OVI app store is just a joke compared to the iphone app store, everything is WAY overpriced and mostly useless anyway, and after you have paid for them and installed them, the phone fails and will not boot up on start, so you have to hard reset it which wipes all your downloaded apps and games.
Im tellin ya fellas, if it wasnt so expensive and annoying it would be funny, i bet Nokia are laughing their butts off, well maybe not as they just lost sommat like £800 million and people reckon its down to the poor quality of their flagship N97 model.
I gotta keep this damn phone for another 15 months, i might just put the sim back into my old N95 and leave it in there, im using the N95 when the N97 is broken so thats most of the time anyway cool angry sad

Team Member

IcemanDate: Thursday, 2009-11-05, 11:31 PM | Message # 7
Uber Racer
Group: Team Member
stick to the n95, like u said u never had problems with it so why not change back again?

I did the same with a phone but this wasnt that expensive like a N97, and now i stick to my KU990 and i like biggrin

Team Member

B1gch0pperDate: Thursday, 2009-11-05, 11:39 PM | Message # 8
Alien Racer
Quote (Adi)
well i'm thinking about new phone but lol... they are expensive.... meybe 5800

personally after my latest experience with Nokia (S60 software and failed app store) i would look into getting a HTC touchscreen mate.
A friend from work has one and i wish i would have gotten one of those now, they are awesome to use, nice and smooth and the touchscreen works as it should, not as good as the iphone as they run in slightly different ways, but still a much better option than the 5800 in my view bud. The software used on the HTC is windows based, not the S60 pile of dung used by Nokia

Added (2009-11-05, 11:39 Pm)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (Iceman)
stick to the n95, like u said u never had problems with it so why not change back again?
I did the same with a phone but this wasnt that expensive like a N97, and now i stick to my KU990 and i like

Yeah i know what your saying bud and i did/do like my N95, but times are changing and thats last years phone, i dont mean that cosmetically, i mean in terms of technology. The N97 has SO many more apps and stuff on it, it would be like going back to Windoze 95 on the PC, it will work but just wont do the things that the new one can.

Team Member

AdiDate: Friday, 2009-11-06, 0:12 AM | Message # 9
Uber Racer
Quote (B1gch0pper)
personally after my latest experience with Nokia (S60 software and failed app store) i would look into getting a HTC touchscreen mate.
A friend from work has one and i wish i would have gotten one of those now, they are awesome to use, nice and smooth and the touchscreen works as it should, not as good as the iphone as they run in slightly different ways, but still a much better option than the 5800 in my view bud. The software used on the HTC is windows based, not the S60 pile of dung used by Nokia

I know but HTC don't have good music quality and i rly need good mp3 player in it, my type for now are:

used Iphone 2G (but find one that it's not after repair :S)
N95 8gb (not that good mp3 :S)

or from cheeper ones

Samsung i550w
SE P1i

To tell the true... i rly don't like pay much for mobilephone, and even stupid 5800 is not cheap for me now smile

If u knew what mobile i'm using now u would be suprised ;P

BTW: I made little offtopic so ekhm:

N97 sux

:P

Team Member

Message edited by Adi - Friday, 2009-11-06, 0:13 AM

B1gch0pperDate: Friday, 2009-11-06, 3:27 PM | Message # 10
Alien Racer
Quote (Adi)
If u knew what mobile i'm using now u would be suprised ;P

Go on then bud, enlighten us... wink

Team Member

Tur8oDate: Saturday, 2009-11-07, 0:40 AM | Message # 11
Uber Racer
What network Chopper.. you have put me off it now was about to buy one sad

Team Member

AdiDate: Wednesday, 2009-11-18, 9:26 AM | Message # 12
Uber Racer
Quote (B1gch0pper)
Go on then bud, enlighten us... wink

Motorola v235 xD

I think i will get used iphone, just need to find cheap one and that's not that easy :S

Team Member

Forum » General » Off Topic » New Phone? (N97?? Dont bother...)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024