Welcome Guest | RSS

Welcome To The [A]uto [M]otive [G]odz Site & Forums

AMGMotorsports

Formula 1 2010 - Page 3 - Forum

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Forum moderator: B1gch0pper, Ryan  
Forum » General » Off Topic » Formula 1 2010 (looks like a great game)
Formula 1 2010
B1gch0pperDate: Wednesday, 2010-09-22, 0:03 AM | Message # 51
Alien Racer
Group: Moderators
Quote (Wikipedia)
Developer(s) Codemasters Birmingham
Publisher(s) Codemasters
Series Formula One
Platform(s) Microsoft Windows,[1] PlayStation 3,[1] Xbox 360[1]
Release date(s)
NA 22 September 2010[2]
EU 23 September 2010[3]
UK 24 September 2010

Genre(s) Racing
Mode(s) Single-player, Online Multiplayer
Rating(s)
PEGI: 3+
Media BD-ROM, DVD-ROM, digital download

System requirements
Windows XP/Vista/7
DirectX 9.0c
Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4GHz or Athlon X2
1GB RAM (2GB for Vista)
Graphics Card: GeForce 7800 / Radeon X1800 or above
DirectX Compatible Sound Card or motherboard audio
Dual Layer Compatible DVD-ROM Drive
12.5 GB Hard Drive Space [4]

Team Member

AdiDate: Wednesday, 2010-09-22, 0:32 AM | Message # 52
Uber Racer
Group: Users
What i heard so far is that car are somehow like on rails, very easy to drive, but game is fun in own way.

Team Member

TrevDate: Saturday, 2010-09-25, 8:37 PM | Message # 53
Rookie
Group: Team Member
Hi, got the PC Version, it runs well, its fast, handling is good, the rules and penalites can be a bit off putting if you cut a corner, you get warnings and time penalites can be turned down. In single player some of the AI's are a bit jumpy all over the track sometimes and can be difficult to get past. In a full weekend In the practice sessions the team commentary is a bit repetative. The multiplayer option is turn up and race, you can choose which track is racing at the time but theere is voting system, however the tracks rotate. There is chat but its wide open, i think a login in system needs to be setup as it is open for abuse. More info during the race about your vehicle is needed like tyre temp and wear, position of other drivers, pits etc. All being said it is GOOD, the 2011 upgrade should have more added which will should make it better. T.rev.1 happy

Message edited by Trev - Saturday, 2010-09-25, 8:38 PM

SinDate: Saturday, 2010-09-25, 8:59 PM | Message # 54
Alien Racer
Group: Administrators
Thx for the info Trev , sounds like its geared up for single player mode ... but time will tell i guess

Team Member

IcemanDate: Sunday, 2010-09-26, 0:24 AM | Message # 55
Uber Racer
Group: Team Member
Well i got it, and it seems to be pretty nice, only tested it for 20 minutes...need to learn alot tracks now -.-

Hoping to get better with some time, to see some of u guys online wink

Team Member

AdiDate: Sunday, 2010-09-26, 1:23 AM | Message # 56
Uber Racer
This game is broken....

still as arcade it can be fun...

BTW: if u have "shift lag" on pc change ur sound settinsgs to software...

Team Member

Message edited by Adi - Sunday, 2010-09-26, 1:37 AM

B1gch0pperDate: Monday, 2010-09-27, 12:29 PM | Message # 57
Alien Racer
As awesome as the game is, its wound me up a treat!
Started playing around 11pm Friday night, was perfect all night till about 4am, played the hell out of it, looks fantastic, all the setting turned up!
Then Saturday morning went to play it and couldn't, on the loading screen when you get some hints and tips flash up, it just lagged and lagged and would not load, music kept jumping and basically froze my PC. All other games work.
Deleted it from my hard drive and re-downloaded it from Steam, nothing changed exactly the same sad
Installed newer (beta) video drivers, they were the only ones newer than what i had.
IT WORKED!!!
Played it all Saturday night, had a mate round and we drove it to death, but woke up Sunday to it being broken again...
After re-installing Windoze i now have the problem of missing network drivers, i hate this!

Team Member

SinDate: Monday, 2010-09-27, 3:15 PM | Message # 58
Alien Racer
Sounds like a right nightmare , i know how your feeling from when i kept dropping connection every night ... you just wanna punch something bash

Team Member

AdiDate: Tuesday, 2010-09-28, 1:14 PM | Message # 59
Uber Racer
Next pain after u lose 10 position when pit crew will not let u go out. And many many other bugs and "game lies" smile

And u problem chop was prolly cuz audio drivers, u had just to change it to "software" in f1 options...

Added (2010-09-28, 1:14 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Sigh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0BBTXpeGQs

Team Member

Message edited by Adi - Monday, 2010-09-27, 4:30 PM

B1gch0pperDate: Tuesday, 2010-09-28, 3:02 PM | Message # 60
Alien Racer
Personally i dont care what anyone says, bugs or no bugs, the game is awesome, and when the bugs get patched it will be even better.
Looks fantastic and can really get into whats going on, i.e. i lose myself in the game and start thinking im a real F1 driver, thats how great it is!
Adi i tried the software option and it made no difference, the actual driving side of it was no problem, all settings on high it looked and drove fantastic with no lag atall (except Singapore cos of the lighting effects), was just the problem on the loading screens (when it says 'loading' top right of screen with the spinney circley thingy), everything just stopped and had to alt-F4 out every time.
My fresh copy of Windoze seems to have ironed out the loading issues at the moment, so i'll see you in Bahrain!

Team Member

AdiDate: Tuesday, 2010-09-28, 3:36 PM | Message # 61
Uber Racer
Yea when u play it as arcade then u don't care, when u drive it full lenght and then they stop u in pit u lose 10 position, ai in front of u doing wierd lap times and many others thing... first impersion was that game is awsome, but the longer u play...

Don't missunderstand me, i played it... 3 full weekends legendary ai full race distance.

Team Member

B1gch0pperDate: Tuesday, 2010-09-28, 10:36 PM | Message # 62
Alien Racer
Im on 'hard' at the mo, all driving aids turned off except a tad of traction control, 20% race lengths (10-12 laps) AI level is professional... More than enough competition for me, i havent won a race yet lol, been in the lead a few times but Hamilton was always snapping at my heels and made a mistake sad
Have taken a 3rd place at Bahrain and 4th at Melbourne smile Im happy with that

Not sure what you mean about not getting released? Only once i noticed when i pitted on lap 1 the lollipop man held me for a few seconds but that was cos there was cars piling past, i was screwin but it seemed fair i just got caught out by the amount of traffic coming through...
Other than that i have noticed no other anomalies at all?
Then again Steam says i have only played it about 9 hrs

ICEMAN TREV ADI ANYONE ELSE HAS IT ON PC???!!!!!
Cant you stick your F1 onto Steam so i see if you online with it and maybe we can have a little racee?? smile
I haven't ventured online with it yet, too scared lol

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday night tomorrow, Race night!, i get the night in the cellar smile
if anyone on i will be in the server from bout 6pm onwards???
Missin my FXR, gotta get my fix wink
Hopefully see ya there?

Team Member

AdiDate: Tuesday, 2010-09-28, 11:17 PM | Message # 63
Uber Racer
I play on friend PC for now, don't have my copy yet cuz i want box and i'm out of money anyway.

U will get held in pit stop many times..
I drive without any help, AI level legendary.

Mine best position was 13, but i driving lotus, prolly i could be higher, but most time i have pit bug, or random puncture without reason (even when i don't push it, dunno). On quali i always get to q2 but in race they r strange.

About bad things? Well, the penalty system is pain, and sometimes just funny (-5 postion to speed up a little in pit durning practice 1), when AI hit u or do smt stupid to u it's ur fault anyway, some car after u overtake them get bost and driving faster than in quali, about 2-3 sec faster, fuel weight, tires degradation don't work for them too, basicly for now race is little lie.

Ur enginer is pain to, stupid things like "Your team mate is quicker than u copy his set" when first: U r on your out lap, second: ur best times is 2 sec better than his, third: u can't copy his set anyway. And when he talking some stupid pointless things when i'm on my last quali lap and pushing like hell... And when i need some info like, when it will start raining etc. nothing to hear.

And smt that make me mad but it's not that big deal, every race they put new engine to my car for practice one... if i want change it i have to lose that practie so sigh... why they don't ask before start omg...

Don't missunderstand me, i'm enjoing game, it's fun and have potential, just some details that they srewed with time start more and more annoy u.

As a realism, well, it's just harder arcade, for my recolection it's rly hard to slide or smt like that, and when u screw smt it's 99% spin.

There is some more bugs to but whatever. I heard that u can corrupt ur save game too ;/

Maybe is chaotic and bad writen but i'm tired today, from bright side my fever went down wink

Team Member

Message edited by Adi - Tuesday, 2010-09-28, 11:21 PM

SinDate: Wednesday, 2010-09-29, 10:03 AM | Message # 64
Alien Racer
Quote (B1gch0pper)
Wednesday night tomorrow, Race night!, i get the night in the cellar
if anyone on i will be in the server from bout 6pm onwards???
Missin my FXR, gotta get my fix
Hopefully see ya there?

Awesome i will be on when i'm in from work , join TS also i need a word with u wink

Quote (Adi)
from bright side my fever went down

Glad to hear that Adi , i need some info from u plz respond to email or talk with me on TS ... thx m8

Team Member

AdiDate: Wednesday, 2010-09-29, 1:30 PM | Message # 65
Uber Racer
I will try to be today all day on msn.

Team Member

B1gch0pperDate: Thursday, 2010-09-30, 6:26 PM | Message # 66
Alien Racer
An Interesting read from the Codies forum...

Team Member

AdiDate: Thursday, 2010-09-30, 6:34 PM | Message # 67
Uber Racer
I wish AI would not block me in quali... happen so many times ;/

Team Member

Forum » General » Off Topic » Formula 1 2010 (looks like a great game)
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024