Thursday, 2024-05-02, 11:30 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS

Welcome To The [A]uto [M]otive [G]odz Site & Forums

AMGMotorsports

Codies F1 2011 - Forum

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: B1gch0pper, Ryan  
Forum » General » Off Topic » Codies F1 2011 (Released tonight @ midnight)
Codies F1 2011
B1gch0pperDate: Thursday, 2011-09-22, 2:23 PM | Message # 1
Alien Racer
Group: Moderators
Been waiting for this one for a little while, I was going to wait till I heard a few reviews first, but was on the Steam forums last night and a few people from abroad (where its already been released) said it was ace, and a massive improvement over 2010, which I do like in an arcadey kinda way.
New release has saftey cars, DRS, KERS all implimented as they would be at a Grand Prix weekend, and loads of other improvements and additions over the previous title, people have said the physics, FFB and general driving experience have greatly improved, I cannot wait to fire this little baby up.
Im pre-ordered, pre-downloaded and pre-installed and just waiting for the lights to go green!!! Roll on midnight, I got a feeling its gonna be a late one wink biggrin

Team Member

SinDate: Thursday, 2011-09-22, 6:02 PM | Message # 2
Alien Racer
Group: Administrators
hahahaa 4am maybe wink

Team Member

B1gch0pperDate: Thursday, 2011-09-22, 11:09 PM | Message # 3
Alien Racer
Getting really excited now, 1 hour to go and ive been watching the videos...

F1 2011 Dev Diary 1
F1 2011 Dev Diary 2
F1 2011 Dev Diary 3
F1 2011 - "Season so Far" Gameplay Trailer

The videos are best watched in 720p fullscreen
And re Dev Diary 3, someone from the team needs to get this (Ice? Anyone?) and do a season with me, I love the sound of that!
Just looks awesome biggrin

Team Member

SinDate: Thursday, 2011-09-22, 11:48 PM | Message # 4
Alien Racer
Group: Administrators
Although i like the look of it ... i just can't get excited about an F1 game . maybe its because i don't really like F1 anymore , having said that i do like the co-op option ... this "might" be enough for me to seriously think about getting it . thx for the youtube links good

Team Member

AdiDate: Friday, 2011-09-30, 10:58 PM | Message # 5
Uber Racer
Group: Users
So how it is? 2010 version was horrible from my point of view, is this any better?

Team Member

B1gch0pperDate: Sunday, 2011-10-02, 12:43 PM | Message # 6
Alien Racer
Quote (Adi)
So how it is?

Its very very good mate!
For a start they did away with all the special lighting effects, so although it doesn't look as 'real' as 2010, it runs SO much better, I get 25-30fps on medium settings on trip screens 5040x1050 with an 8800GT 512mb, which is enough for me! smile
All the little bugs from 2010 seem to have evaporated too, I have read people say there are still 1 or 2 bugs in the game but I haven't come across any that I have noticed.
The two biggest and best improvements though are firstly the inclusion or KERS and DRS, they are fantastic and really add another element to driving which keeps you busy at the wheel (as if driving an F1 car doesn't keep you busy enough). Practice and quali you can use DRS anytime so its almost every exit of corners you are activating it, race not so much as the 1 sec gap is in force, but hitting the DRS and KERS exiting onto a long straight is exhilarating!
Secondly the AI has improved VASTLY, they actually race properly now, think about making moves, back out of a bad pass etc, its great! I started the career in a Williams, on hard difficulty, and after many many attempts managed to qualify in 10th which I was very happy about, the cars actually drive like they should, you can feel the difference even between a Force India and a Williams, both power and grip/aero, on hard or legendary with a smaller teams car you will NOT beat the faster bigger teams like I could in 2010, its awesome.
Everything just seems slicker and does what it supposed to do, pit options, tyre selection, engine and team management is just better, in every way...
I know you said Adi that even with all of 2010's problems you still enjoyed driving it, well you will love this buddy, this is how 2010 should have been in the first place!

Team Member

AdiDate: Sunday, 2011-10-02, 8:25 PM | Message # 7
Uber Racer
Group: Users
Well, 2010 at first was fine for me but after some more races some things was juz that bad and i couldn't take it anymore wink
The worst thing was that i didn't fell grip of the car.

I still thinking about it cuz it's hard for me to afford this game now, I have to be 100% sure is worth that money^^

Team Member

Message edited by Adi - Sunday, 2011-10-02, 8:29 PM

Forum » General » Off Topic » Codies F1 2011 (Released tonight @ midnight)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024