• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: B1gch0pper, Ryan  
Forum » General » Off Topic » I Want A New Car! (:
I Want A New Car! (:
Tur8oDate: Sunday, 2012-11-11, 7:22 PM | Message # 1
Uber Racer
Group: Administrators
so i want a new car. thought id make a post on the forums for once smile

im looking at a 1.9 cdti sri vauxhall astra with the exterior pack in silver but it has to be the 150bhp. specific i know if i wasnt like that i wouldnt be fast on here wink

this is what it looks like..

Auto Trader

Team Member

SinDate: Sunday, 2012-11-11, 8:21 PM | Message # 2
Alien Racer
If I had enough money I'd buy it for your birthday...

Which reminds me - Happy Birthday for today wine

Team Member

B1gch0pperDate: Sunday, 2012-11-11, 9:56 PM | Message # 3
Alien Racer
Group: Moderators
Wow! Happy Birthday Dude! What are you now? 16? wink

Good luck with the car search... I ordered my new motor last week, picking it up Thursday from Hull, but I wont hijack your thread too much fella wink

Team Member

kvDate: Monday, 2012-11-12, 10:33 AM | Message # 4
Pro Racer
Group: Team Member
happy birthday to you !! smile

good looking car.
UK cars are more cheaper,(dont know why???) ....but the insurance is more expensive, is it right?

Team Member

Tur8oDate: Monday, 2012-11-12, 9:25 PM | Message # 5
Uber Racer
uk cars are not that cheap. and yes insurance is rediculous i pay 1000 for a little 1.2 80bhp punto -.- and petrol is also major expensive..

chop what car?

Team Member

B1gch0pperDate: Monday, 2012-11-12, 11:47 PM | Message # 6
Alien Racer
Quote (Tur8o)
chop what car?

Ignore the dirt and bird poop, thats just how the dealer received it, it will look like brand new on Thursday when I pick it up after they have given it a full valet and polish wink
Ohh and it has i-shift, which is 6 speed semi-auto with paddles wink lol
Attachments: 1296333.jpg (164.9 Kb) · 9874485.jpg (202.3 Kb) · 3011358.jpg (196.7 Kb)

Team Member

SinDate: Tuesday, 2012-11-13, 6:57 PM | Message # 7
Alien Racer
Sweet car mate, I like it good

Team Member

kvDate: Friday, 2012-11-16, 10:18 AM | Message # 8
Pro Racer
nice Honda, but im not a Honda fan..
anyway..i realy like the new look of Vauxhall/Opel

the normal version looks nice, but the OPC is fantastic:

OPC Insignia

OPC Astra

2 in 1: ELegant but strong looking car good

Team Member

Message edited by kv - Friday, 2012-11-16, 10:19 AM

[SMOKE]Date: Friday, 2012-11-16, 8:33 PM | Message # 9
Pro Racer
Anybody wanna buy me this car? Purty please.. (^_^)
Tur8o, when is your birthday? How old are you going to be turning? Is there anything special planned?
Attachments: 8015417.jpg (35.5 Kb)

Message edited by [SMOKE] - Saturday, 2012-11-17, 6:43 AM

[SMOKE]Date: Saturday, 2012-11-17, 6:34 AM | Message # 10
Pro Racer
Actually,.. THIS is what I wish I could purchase today!
http://www.zibe.com/for-sal....13.html
Attachments: 3212017.jpg (25.8 Kb)

SinDate: Saturday, 2012-11-17, 6:45 PM | Message # 11
Alien Racer
Quote (|SMOKE|)
Tur8o, when is your birthday? How old are you going to be turning?

He was 20 last weekend mate, I like the Viper by the way but the interior and the stereo are well dated now wink

Team Member

[SMOKE]Date: Saturday, 2012-11-17, 9:10 PM | Message # 12
Pro Racer
I like the dated interior - it's not like the bling-heavy equipment we see nowadays. It's loud, yes - but in a simplistic race car sorta way. And yeah the stereo sucks, but I'd probably only wanna listen to that V10 anyways. It's not a gentleman's car, it's a racer's car. It's not a good bargain in the sense that it's around the same price as a good Nissan GTR that would crush it on the track.. but it's a good bargain because it's a rare collector's item - they only made 100 of these and the condition of the vehicle is prestine. It may be a bit outdated (as am I), but it's still as sexy as ever (as am I) (Okay maybe not)! Heeheehee

SinDate: Sunday, 2012-11-18, 1:41 AM | Message # 13
Alien Racer
hahahaaa good argument, i concede wink

Team Member

[SMOKE]Date: Tuesday, 2012-11-20, 8:55 PM | Message # 14
Pro Racer
Check this one out: $45,000 or best offer, and still for sale. These are illegal here in the U.S. but this one's actually for sale in my state and has been made legal to use in my state. If only I had the money...
http://www.modifiedcartrader.com/for-sale.aspx?i=18630

SinDate: Wednesday, 2012-11-21, 0:03 AM | Message # 15
Alien Racer
I can't believe that some cars are made illegal in the US, is it simply because it's fast? because you have Ferrari's and Porsche's out there so what's the big deal with the Nissan?

Here in the UK if you have the money you can drive what you like good

Team Member

RyanDate: Wednesday, 2012-11-21, 1:58 AM | Message # 16
Pro Racer
It would be because of the modifications, it is a built car, not the original.. and considering the age of the skyline i bet the odometer has been turned back haha, dual pod filters etc illegal modifications, at least in Aus they are sad so wish i could have a skyline gtr smile

Team Member

[SMOKE]Date: Thursday, 2012-11-22, 4:15 AM | Message # 17
Pro Racer
A standard Nissan Skyline is illegal in the USA, but this car isn't illegal - that's why it's so cool! This one has gone through all the steps to make it US legal: came in parts, paperwork for everything epa related - new registration under terms of being a car being built like a kit (backdoor way of tricking the system to make GTR state legal), and all that. Lot's of effort went into making a Nissan GTR R34 legal here and it's being sold that cheap = Yay! But I still can't afford one = :-(
As to why the Skyline's are illegal in the US - you can allways google it but it's got something to do with emissions standards, and stuff like that. Also I think that Japan had terms that US didn't like and US probably didn't want to be friendly at the time. Now the R35 GTR is completely US legal - but for those of us who want the classic Skylines - this taking it apart, sending it here in pieces, reassembling, having it inspected (which cost more money), getting official documentation for all the different aspects of it (more money) = well so far this is the only way to have one in the US. Which makes them even more worshipped here as it's the only illegal car (At least that I know of)

Added (2012-11-22, 3:48 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Oh here we go.. Read this:
http://www.nicoclub.com/archive....-1.html

Added (2012-11-22, 3:56 AM)
After reading this post:
http://www.nicoclub.com/archive....-1.html
It would appear that there is no way of making a Skyline legal in the USA at this time, and that guys like the one I linked you to earlier selling his supposedly "US legal" Skyline are actually scamming people by dumping the problem onto the customer. What a shame... Guess I'll need to move in with Wayne in Australia if I want to ever own one. When I was visiting Wayne - I did notice quite a few for sale at car lots for under $15,000 and that's even in AU currency. Hmm.. Australia's not looking so bad!

Added (2012-11-22, 4:15 AM)
You know even though we can read about how it's not legal because of crash test stuff and emissions and all that.. It makes you wonder if the real reason the US didn't bother to get it worked out isn't because they were afraid of it? Afterall, the Skyline GTR could out-perform our best sports cars for at least half the price, at the same time it was much more reliable. It was a super car of sorts that could still perform like a daily driver. It seated 4, it was technologically sophisticated, it was attractive, it was more than the US could deal with. From the 80's all the way up until today - The US has allways feared the power of the Japanese auto industry and have been walking a tight rope to keep the US auto industry alive in competition with Japan. And would it really be that hard to have the Skyline legalised when it was produced? No. However, the Skyline was the most awesome machine to come out of Japan in a market where Japan was allready on top. Just something to consider...

kvDate: Thursday, 2012-11-22, 7:36 PM | Message # 18
Pro Racer
WOW surprised
http://www.hasznaltauto.hu/auto....6288877

its around 11.000 GBP or 18.000 US Dollar

Team Member

SinDate: Friday, 2012-11-23, 3:21 PM | Message # 19
Alien Racer
Thanks Ryan and Smoke for the info - I just take it for granted that you can have what you want here in the UK if you have the cash wink

Team Member

Forum » General » Off Topic » I Want A New Car! (:
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024