Friday, 2024-03-29, 7:57 AM
Welcome Guest | RSS

Welcome To The [A]uto [M]otive [G]odz Site & Forums

AMGMotorsports

rFactor 1 good car and good settings: Feels great! - Forum

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: B1gch0pper, Ryan  
Forum » General » Off Topic » rFactor 1 good car and good settings: Feels great! (for those too lazy to figure out rFactor settings)
rFactor 1 good car and good settings: Feels great!
[SMOKE]Date: Sunday, 2013-12-15, 11:05 PM | Message # 1
Pro Racer
Group: Team Member

*** How to run rFactor with this car using my exact settings***

I'll tell you what I did to make it feel good to me. First make a backup of your rFactor folder in case you mess something up. To start with make sure there's no Leo's FFB stuff in your rFactor installation - it will mess things up, you don't need that ffb plugin. Just get the car:
http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail....
Install is simple, follow the instruction in the readme that come with the car. Extract it in.
Next get this:
http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail....
(the ffb plugin)
Drop the Real Feel plugin .dll in your rFactor/plugins folder. Next copy and paste the lines from the real feel readme reguarding FFB into your Username/controller.ini replacing the original lines under the FFB header. Be careful not to overwrite other stuff in the controller.ini file, just the FFB section should be overwritten. Also alter the line in the controller.ini to say 900 for wheel turn (or whatever rotation you use) so the onscreen wheel matches yours. The line should read like this:
Steering Wheel Range="900" // Degrees of rotation of in-game steering wheel
Next set your Logitech profiler like this: 100 overall, 0 spring, 0 damper, 0 center, check center, check allow game to adjust, 900 rotation (personal taste). Next start rFactor and make sure your axis are at 50% rate for your steering and pedal input (this is linear), and FFB on LOW and 100% or -100% FFB effects depending on your wheel.(some require negative value, either way put it to max) Next buy the Toyota Supra in the game (rFactor uses a purchase car/upgrades system like Gran Turismo) and purchase the real feel upgrade in the game and install. If you just select the Supra without PURCHASING it and PURCHASING the real feel uprgrade - it won't feel right. You've been warned. Now drive it for just a second so rFactor creates an .ini file for your newly purchased car. Now leave the game and open the rFactor root folder and you'll find a new .ini file called RealFeelPlugin.ini Open it and change this line for the car:
MaxForceAtSteeringRack=2500.000000
SteeringDamper=11500.000000
FFBMixerRealFeelPercent=100.000000
SmoothingLevel=0
Don't forget to save the .ini and now restart rFactor and enjoy! You should hear a female electronic voice say "RealFeel Enabled." when you entered the track to let you know it's working. If not - then you probably had a pre-existing ffb plugin beforehand that created a conflict with the new ffb install. If that happened to you, just remove all ffb plugins (leoFFB or RealFeelPluginFFB) from your plugins folder and remove any realfeel.ini or leoffb junk from your root folder and do a fresh install of the plugins following my instructions more carefully this time!
If you want more force, change the MaxForceAtSteeringRack to a lower value like 1750.000000 If you want less force change it a higher value like 3000.000000 I find 2500.000000 to be perfect though. I know that was overly complicated - which is why I never bothered with rFactor before. But if you follow these instructions carefully - it's worth it! This Supra feels soooo good!
Also in case anyone wants to know: I use 36 fov and 25% head movement and 0% look to apex or whatever it's called. But these are personal taste settings.

Added (2013-12-14, 9:15 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Also, if you like this Supra - there's good news! The guy who made this car is working on an NSX that will be released very soon.. maybe a few days from now. Check it out:

Added (2013-12-15, 11:05 PM)
---------------------------------------------
His NSX is available for download! Here's a video of me taking it for a joyride:

Message edited by [SMOKE] - Saturday, 2013-12-14, 9:09 PM

ReflexDate: Monday, 2013-12-16, 1:06 PM | Message # 2
Amatuer
That supra looks & sounds like real thing. nice videos m8 smile

Team Member

[SMOKE]Date: Tuesday, 2013-12-17, 2:58 AM | Message # 3
Pro Racer
Hell yeah man! Have you tried it yet? The NSX is even more badass!

ReflexDate: Tuesday, 2013-12-17, 11:18 AM | Message # 4
Amatuer
I did try this one.
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/5192/68400668.jpg
I miss her so much & regret selling her fool

Team Member

Message edited by Reflex - Tuesday, 2013-12-17, 11:21 AM

SinDate: Monday, 2013-12-23, 0:13 AM | Message # 5
Alien Racer
Group: Administrators
Some nice stuff there Smokey good

Team Member

[SMOKE]Date: Wednesday, 2013-12-25, 4:19 AM | Message # 6
Pro Racer
Old St. Niels provides us with an NSXmas gift:

lfsmodsDate: Tuesday, 2022-11-08, 8:47 AM | Message # 7
Noob
Group: Users
Very beautiful video

The best Live for Speed game - LFS Mods

Forum » General » Off Topic » rFactor 1 good car and good settings: Feels great! (for those too lazy to figure out rFactor settings)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024