[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: B1gch0pper, Ryan  
Forum » Media » Video's » Random LFS video
Random LFS video
SinDate: Friday, 2011-08-12, 1:08 AM | Message # 26
Alien Racer
Group: Administrators
That looked like a fun little race m8 , nice soundtrack also wink

Thats a recording of a livestream though isn't it ?

Team Member

LuthianoDate: Friday, 2011-08-12, 8:17 AM | Message # 27
Noob
Group: Team Member
Yes, fun race smile

Not a record from livestream, i just runned replay with lfsdirector, captured it with fraps and edited with video maker and some color editing with virtualdub.

Now i have vegas and plenty cool ideas in my mind but have to leanr vegas first. happy

Team Member

SinDate: Friday, 2011-08-12, 9:50 AM | Message # 28
Alien Racer
Ahh ok , well good luck with that mate ... hopefully some more good movies coming soon wink

Team Member

HiromiDate: Sunday, 2011-10-02, 1:10 PM | Message # 29
Rookie
Group: Users
hi i need help how to make view down right as in this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpq1Xy0YegM
need only view please send me screenshot from your PC as it should be.
(game-option-view)here

Thank you for help

kvDate: Sunday, 2011-10-02, 2:07 PM | Message # 30
Pro Racer
there is a view which you caan see only the tyres. And there is a option: everything view, and after this, you can change viewpoint with X, Y, Z.

Team Member

Message edited by kv - Sunday, 2011-10-02, 2:08 PM

HiromiDate: Sunday, 2011-10-02, 3:24 PM | Message # 31
Rookie
i see! Thank you very much applause

how to make a smooth movement of the steering wheel and hands as in that video

Message edited by Hiromi - Sunday, 2011-10-02, 3:32 PM

kvDate: Sunday, 2011-11-20, 5:58 PM | Message # 32
Pro Racer
Oval drafting tutorial
Today i was on GTR RotaSport, Kyoto Oval track
and there was a very good player [MonsieurTueur] who sent me a very good setup for all GTR car, and show me a very usefull video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMi5-_u1lNA

I learned a lot, how to use draft in Oval track

Team Member

Message edited by kv - Sunday, 2011-11-20, 6:02 PM

B1gch0pperDate: Sunday, 2011-11-20, 7:44 PM | Message # 33
Alien Racer
Group: Moderators
Quote (kv)
Oval drafting tutorial
and there was a very good player [MonsieurTueur] who sent me a very good setup for all GTR car, and show me a very usefull video:

Ex Oval Junkie [AMG] Steve taught me everything I know about oval racing/drafting a couple of years ago... Which funnily enough is exactly what is taught on the vid smile
I remember we had a healthy amount of team members on and did a few nights running KY1 with FZR's, it was a real eye opener as to what is involved in oval racing, not just what it looks like, boring cars going round and round in circles, I wasn't a fan of oval racing/Nascar etc before that, but afterwards enjoy watching it and racing it on LFS more because I know more about whats involved.
If you need tips or personal help Steve is the man with the answers fella, he prolly forgot more than I will ever learn wink

Team Member

B1gch0pperDate: Sunday, 2011-11-20, 7:46 PM | Message # 34
Alien Racer
Quote (Hiromi)
how to make a smooth movement of the steering wheel and hands as in that video

Good question I was wondering that...
Any answers anyone?

Team Member

HiromiDate: Sunday, 2011-11-27, 12:42 PM | Message # 35
Rookie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAIY7hGgwXE
14 and 36 sec applause

SinDate: Monday, 2011-11-28, 0:06 AM | Message # 36
Alien Racer
hahahaa your a star of failing and being punted off the track ... nice little video though , it made me smile smile

Team Member

kvDate: Monday, 2011-11-28, 9:30 AM | Message # 37
Pro Racer
Hiromi, when will new AMG vid coming?

Team Member

SingleEnginePilotDate: Monday, 2011-11-28, 5:15 PM | Message # 38
Rookie
Quote (kv)
Oval drafting tutorial

I'm not sure I understand what the vid auther is saying. Is he saying that you keep passing your drafting partners and that keeps your speed up?

Starting out with Nascar racing, I learned long ago that it is much faster if you and your drafting partner(s) stay bumper to bumper (without passing each other all the time). The more cars you have bumper to bumper, the faster you go as a group.

It's next to impossible for a 2 or 3 car group to catch a 5 or 6 car group. And if you're all alone, you'd get lapped within 4 laps or so.

If you keep passing each other (as in the video), in real life NASCAR, you would wind up going slow. I've been in many NASCAR races where I was 6 or 7 seconds behind the lead pack of 2 or 3, and when they start passing each other (toward the end of the race) they start slowing down and that is when I (the single car) was able to catch them.

The problem with passing is that while you gain momentum from the drafting, as soon as you pull out into clean air you immediately start to slow down, also you do a little scrubbing of the tires when you turn to get around the car in front that also slows you down, that's why it's so important to get a GOOOD run when passing the car. There are times when you can start the pass and be going really fast, but as soon as you pull out in clean air you slows down so much you can't even get around the car you were passing.

That's real life NASCAR, so now I'm wondering if it is the LFS physics that are off with regard to drafting? or is it just the GTR cars draft differently than a NASCAR car would?

hmmm.

HiromiDate: Monday, 2011-11-28, 6:35 PM | Message # 39
Rookie
Quote (kv)
Hiromi, when will new AMG vid coming?

We'll see biggrin you have any interesting idea ?

SinDate: Tuesday, 2011-11-29, 0:01 AM | Message # 40
Alien Racer
Quote (SingleEnginePilot)
now I'm wondering if it is the LFS physics that are off with regard to drafting? or is it just the GTR cars draft differently than a NASCAR car would?

I would think in some cases its the LFS physics combined with high pings and some peoples bad PC's that are running stupidly low frame rates , sometimes you can't even get within 1 metre of another racer without being hurled into oblivion ... so i think drafting very closely wouldn't be the same in LFS as it is in real life - also don't forget that LFS doesn't simulate wind speed (as far as i'm aware) i'm sure this must also have an affect in a real life race on an oval .

Maybe the tutorial is just purely based for online racing/drafting .

Team Member

B1gch0pperDate: Tuesday, 2011-11-29, 1:17 AM | Message # 41
Alien Racer
I'm not sure I understand what the vid auther is saying. Is he saying that you keep passing your drafting partners and that keeps your speed up?

Starting out with Nascar racing, I learned long ago that it is much faster if you and your drafting partner(s) stay bumper to bumper (without passing each other all the time). The more cars you have bumper to bumper, the faster you go as a group.

It's next to impossible for a 2 or 3 car group to catch a 5 or 6 car group. And if you're all alone, you'd get lapped within 4 laps or so.

If you keep passing each other (as in the video), in real life NASCAR, you would wind up going slow. I've been in many NASCAR races where I was 6 or 7 seconds behind the lead pack of 2 or 3, and when they start passing each other (toward the end of the race) they start slowing down and that is when I (the single car) was able to catch them.

The problem with passing is that while you gain momentum from the drafting, as soon as you pull out into clean air you immediately start to slow down, also you do a little scrubbing of the tires when you turn to get around the car in front that also slows you down, that's why it's so important to get a GOOOD run when passing the car. There are times when you can start the pass and be going really fast, but as soon as you pull out in clean air you slows down so much you can't even get around the car you were passing.

That's real life NASCAR, so now I'm wondering if it is the LFS physics that are off with regard to drafting? or is it just the GTR cars draft differently than a NASCAR car would

hmmm

Quote (Sin)
I would think in some cases its the LFS physics combined with high pings and some peoples bad PC's that are running stupidly low frame rates , sometimes you can't even get within 1 metre of another racer without being hurled into oblivion ... so i think drafting very closely wouldn't be the same in LFS as it is in real life - also don't forget that LFS doesn't simulate wind speed (as far as i'm aware) i'm sure this must also have an affect in a real life race on an oval .

Maybe the tutorial is just purely based for online racing/drafting .

Hmmm, interesting points, maybe its because bump drafting is not allowed in some servers or races? I dunno...? Never tried bump drafting round the oval tho so wouldn't know if it was quicker than going round each other?

Team Member

kvDate: Tuesday, 2011-11-29, 3:57 PM | Message # 42
Pro Racer
we can try it.

Team Member

SinDate: Tuesday, 2011-11-29, 6:39 PM | Message # 43
Alien Racer
Yes we can try it later on the Rota server if there's a few of us about smile

Team Member

SingleEnginePilotDate: Tuesday, 2011-11-29, 10:06 PM | Message # 44
Rookie
No bumping necessary, just stay as close as possible to car in front and in line.

B1gch0pperDate: Wednesday, 2011-11-30, 0:22 AM | Message # 45
Alien Racer
No bumping necessary, just stay as close as possible to car in front and in line.

Ok, now I am very confused fella?
You are saying that 2x cars driving in single file round an oval without touching (bump drafting), can go faster than 2x cars drafting and passing as shown in the vid?
Doesn't make sense at all to me fella, the first car still has to punch through the air (which is the reason it will only go a certain speed and doesn't keep accelerating forever), the car behind it will make no difference at all the top speed of the first car? It would be able to keep up with it easy and still have some throttle left, but I wouldn't think it make the first car faster? Would it?
Defies the laws of physics I think? book bash

Team Member

B1gch0pperDate: Wednesday, 2011-11-30, 0:33 AM | Message # 46
Alien Racer
Well you learn something new everyday, thank you for enlightening me! smile

Quote (Wikipedia)
On the faster speedways and superspeedways used by NASCAR, ARCA, and at one time the IROC series, two or more vehicles can race faster when lined up front-to-rear than a single car can race alone. The low-pressure wake behind a group's leading car reduces the aerodynamic resistance on the front of the trailing car allowing the second car to pull closer. As the second car nears the first it pushes high-pressure air forward so less fast-moving air hits the lead car's spoiler. The result is less drag for both cars, allowing faster speeds.[2]
Handling in corners is affected by balance changes caused by the draft: the leading car has normal front downforce but less rear downforce. The trailing car has less front downforce but normal rear downforce. A car with drafting partners both ahead and behind will lose downforce at both ends.[2]
Similar to the "Belgian tourniquet" in cycling, the "slingshot pass" is the most dramatic and widely noted maneuver associated with drafting. A trailing car (perhaps pushed by a line of drafting cars) uses the lead car's wake to pull up with maximum momentum at the end of a straightaway, enters a turn high, and turns down across the lead car's wake. The combination of running downhill and running across the zone of lowest aerodynamic drag allows the trailing car to carry extra speed and pass on the inside of the leader.[2]
Drafting was discovered by stock car racers in the 1959 Daytona 500. Drivers found they picked up speed running closely behind other cars, and as they experimented they found that a line of cars could sustain higher speeds than a single car running by itself.[2]

Didnt understand most of it but I got the jist I think wacko

Team Member

SinDate: Wednesday, 2011-11-30, 1:04 AM | Message # 47
Alien Racer
Quote (B1gch0pper)
Didnt understand most of it but I got the jist I think

We don't understand it because we're English and know nowt about oval racing lol

Nice to be taught a few things though , so thx for that Frets good

Team Member

kvDate: Wednesday, 2011-11-30, 9:13 AM | Message # 48
Pro Racer
its ok...but there is a problem with bump drafting.
what about the engine cooling???
The second car doesn't get air to cooling water.

i think bump drafting work only a lap or max 2 lap( dont know), but not more, cos without fresh air, engine water will boil, then ...

Team Member

Message edited by kv - Wednesday, 2011-11-30, 9:17 AM

SingleEnginePilotDate: Wednesday, 2011-11-30, 5:54 PM | Message # 49
Rookie
Quote (kv)
its ok...but there is a problem with bump drafting.
what about the engine cooling???
The second car doesn't get air to cooling water.

i think bump drafting work only a lap or max 2 lap( dont know), but not more, cos without fresh air, engine water will boil, then ...

Great observation and you ARE correct. I would be curious if this in an issue in LFS with GTRs. In NASCAR they use tape over the front grill to decrease drag, but the trick is to find the right amount of tape to cover the grill and allow the least drag while still cooling the engine enough. That's different at every track based on setup. At the Superspeedways (Daytona and Talladega), they also have to allow for drafting!

If you draft behind a car, your engine WILL run hotter, so you better have enough airflow while drafting. This is where it gets interesting... You will see that sometimes drivers will move out from behind the lead car just enough to get some airflow to cool the engine a little, then they'll duck back in behind the lead car, OR if they are team mates, they will swap positions so the one driver can cool his engine some.

It's all very interesting and I had no idea of all this kind of stuff until I started racing Nascar 2003 Season a few years ago.

Added (2011-11-30, 5:54 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Quote (kv)
i think bump drafting work only a lap or max 2 lap( dont know), but not more, cos without fresh air, engine water will boil, then

Also, 'Bump drafting' is a little different. Bump drafting is when you actually bump the guy in front of you, while drafting, which results in him going faster (because you bumped him), which in turn makes you BOTH go faster because you're in his draft.

It's usually not good to bump draft though unless both drivers are ok with it, because it can (and usually does) result in a crash unless done VERY carefully and in the right places.

I think we hijacked this thread. sad

Message edited by SingleEnginePilot - Wednesday, 2011-11-30, 5:08 PM

SinDate: Thursday, 2011-12-01, 1:03 AM | Message # 50
Alien Racer
I think we hijacked this thread.

hahaha it doesn't matter its real interesting stuff .

When you say :
I started racing Nascar 2003 Season a few years ago.

was this racing with people like Dale Earnhardt jr. Jeff Gordon and Jeff Burton ? or was it some sort of different class ?

Team Member

Forum » Media » Video's » Random LFS video
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024