• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: B1gch0pper, Ryan  
Forum » Server's » Protests » Your server is LFS's equivalent of a bad comedy
Your server is LFS's equivalent of a bad comedy
ThirdDate: Sunday, 2010-02-14, 10:06 PM | Message # 1
Noob
Group: Blocked
Good evening.

To put it bluntly, the admining on your server is a joke.

Awful driving is allowed to fester as the admins turn a blind eye until it gets to the point where an otherwise innocent driver gets frustrated and angry, then has to face punishment for expressing their perfectly natrual feelings.

I would suggest a good fix would be to change your approach to punishing those who drive like idiots and cause uneccesary accidents due to the absence of a brain, rather than those who can control a car and join your server with nothing but good intentions, who are angered by the inept way in which your server is managed.

Yours angrily.

One very upset driver.

*Mod Edited Language* - Please do not use that language on our forums... thank you

Message edited by B1gch0pper - Sunday, 2010-02-14, 10:10 PM

B1gch0pperDate: Sunday, 2010-02-14, 10:18 PM | Message # 2
Alien Racer
Group: Moderators
Not sure who you are as you haven't left us ur LFS username, but im guessing this relates to the 2x bans i issued tonight...
Firstly 'good intentions' mean nothing if you dont carry them out bud, if you are disrupting the server, and hurling abuse at someone while people are trying to race, you will be banned, thats the black and white of it.
I dont know what happened at the start of the race, as i myself, was racing, but if someone crashed you off, do you think it better to inform an admin (in this case myself) and after the race they can review the replay and act accordingly, thats what any responsible racer would do, if the guy did hit you blatantly on purpose he would be dealt with...
Instead i find two guys, arguing and swearing while people are trying to drive, i did the only thing i could and issued you both with a 1 day ban... Our server is run exactly how we want it to be run and if you dont like it you are in the minority.
The 24 hour ban should give you time to cool down and come back tomorrow with a level head, how about that for 'good intentions'...!

Team Member

ThirdDate: Sunday, 2010-02-14, 10:39 PM | Message # 3
Noob
Quote (B1gch0pper)
Firstly 'good intentions' mean nothing if you dont carry them out bud, if you are disrupting the server, and hurling abuse at someone while people are trying to race, you will be banned, thats the black and white of it.

Honestly I didn't go there to get angry, I got angry when I was driven into repeatedly by a driver, and then nearly taken out by another driver who decided to reverse across the track in one race. Then in the next race driven into by one of the leading drivers, then cut up by someone called Boklau who then tried to act all innocent and victimised.

Quote (B1gch0pper)
but if someone crashed you off, do you think it better to inform an admin

I did, and was quite dissapointed when nothing happened, then again I shouldn't have been suprised as I've been on your server many times before and it seems to take 3 or 4 races of crashing before a bad driver finally gets pulled up, if at all.

Quote (B1gch0pper)
Instead i find two guys, arguing and swearing while people are trying to drive

A situation which could easily be avoided if there were more admins, 'limads' (if you have any of them).

Quote (B1gch0pper)
Our server is run exactly how we want it to be run and if you dont like it you are in the minority.

So you run it badly, In my opinion you obviously have too few admins to manage a grid of such a large size, speaking of which, the grid on the server is far too large for a public server with standing starts. Not everyone has wheels and powerful computers and so large grids cause low frame rates and therefore more accidents.

I think you'll find I'm part of a minority that bothers to speak up about these problems, rather than simply put up with being crashed out of every race.

You are lucky to have just about the only popular GTR server in LFS at the moment, and it does harm to LFS's reputation when people go online to a big server and can't get beyond the first lap without being driven into. I only go on your server because there isn't much else to chose from, hence why I take the time to complain rather than simply going somewhere else.

Also bear in mind that everything may seem rosy for you when you're in the top 2 rows of the grid, but there always seems to be at least 2 or 3 drivers causing chaos almost unchecked behind that.

So I suggest you sort it out for the good of everyone, give some trusted regular drivers admin powers and cut 5 or 6 cars off the grid size for christs sake.

Message edited by Third - Sunday, 2010-02-14, 10:56 PM

SinDate: Sunday, 2010-02-14, 10:40 PM | Message # 4
Alien Racer
Group: Administrators
Nicely put Chop , and as we well know most accidents happen due to a lack of racing experience or lag and not bad admining as the disgruntled poster put it . i find it quite funny that people want to race on a busy server , but then find that 50% or more of the racers on there aren't awesome drivers ... in time they get better , everyone deserves a chance . but i'm guessing u won't agree as u were probably never a beginner and just awesome from day 1 .

Team Member

ThirdDate: Sunday, 2010-02-14, 10:52 PM | Message # 5
Noob
Quote (Sin)
and as we well know most accidents happen due to a lack of racing experience or lag and not bad admining

Just go to one of those un adminned demo servers with no vote ban, and you'll see how important good admining is for keeping servers clean.

Quote (Sin)
everyone deserves a chance . but i'm guessing u won't agree as u were probably never a beginner and just awesome from day 1 .

Well I certainly don't remember ever...

- Reversing across a track infront of oncoming cars
- Deliberately moving over on a passing car in a braking zone, causing an accident and then trying to pass the blame.

Both of which happened on your server this evening, if you didn't notice.

I wasn't awesome from day one, but I did do some proper practising offline before going anwhere near the servers, just to make sure I could keep something like control without causing yellow flags every lap and getting in everyone's way. And anyone with any sense should do the same.

Of course I cause accidents occasionally, but I will always apologise If I am in the wrong. A lot of crashes are caused deliberately (as in the case of the crash that got me banned), or by gross negligence (such as reversing onto the track, or not checking your mirrors before making a mauver), these are avoidable accidents and they just aren't acceptable anywhere.

I don't expect everyone to be awesome and never cause accidents ever, but there should be at least some kind of standards expected of people, and you really should be doing more to make sure people aren't on your server who don't meet them.

Message edited by Third - Sunday, 2010-02-14, 10:59 PM

SinDate: Sunday, 2010-02-14, 11:12 PM | Message # 6
Alien Racer
When they are spotted or informed to us then action is taken , boklau or mango juice as his LFS username is known has been a pain a few times before ... so now his ban has been increased . wot i'm trying to say to u is that people will always make mistakes , it doesn't matter to some that they wreck your race ...i should know it happens to me a lot , but more often than not its an accident ... if its blatent wrecking then they're removed from the server . sim racing is wot we all enjoy , so the admins don't see everything as they all like to race as well (and after all thats why we do this) we have almost 30 trusted people with admin status and not all from [AMG] , but they also have lifes so can't be on to watch all the time ... i'm sorry u don't like the way we do things but generally the racing is good , and many of the regulars who were slow and caused some accidents are now faster and can race safely ... thats gotta be a good thing .

Team Member

ThirdDate: Sunday, 2010-02-14, 11:22 PM | Message # 7
Noob
Quote (Sin)
When there are spotted or informed to us then action is taken , boklau or mango juice as his LFS username is known has been a pain a few times before ... so now his ban has been increased

Why the hell didn't you deal with him sooner then?!

Of course people make mistakes, especially when they're new, but some mistakes are so pathetic that not even a begginer should be making them, such as drivers not being aware of their surroundings at all.

SinDate: Sunday, 2010-02-14, 11:38 PM | Message # 8
Alien Racer
Quote (Third)
Why the hell didn't you deal with him sooner then?!

He was dealt with before , and the length of his ban has increased again !!!!

Quote (Third)
Of course people make mistakes, especially when they're new, but some mistakes are so pathetic that not even a begginer should be making them, such as drivers not being aware of their surroundings at all.

Well 5haz (J.Shaw) , i obviously can't stop people being pathetic or a beginner , i also can't make them aware of there surroundings (otherwise i would change my name to god) ... i've explained wot happens when we see problems , or if people take the time to tell us either on the server or on this forum in the abuser reports .

Team Member

ThirdDate: Sunday, 2010-02-14, 11:43 PM | Message # 9
Noob
Quote (Sin)
i obviously can't stop people being pathetic or a beginner , i also can't make them aware of there surroundings (otherwise i would change my name to god)

You can remove them from the server so they don't pose a problem however.

Any maybe, just maybe they'll get the message if they keep getting banned.

Message edited by Third - Sunday, 2010-02-14, 11:45 PM

SinDate: Sunday, 2010-02-14, 11:52 PM | Message # 10
Alien Racer
Quote (Third)
You can remove them from the server so they don't pose a problem however.

I don't understand why u still feel the need to go on about this , Chop and myself have said how we run our servers so thats it tbh ... u can post here all u like but it aint gonna make me or the other admins change the way we run our servers , if u want to use our servers again then your more than welcome ... if not then OK , nothing more for me to say .

Quote (Third)
just maybe they'll get the message if they keep getting banned.

As u have added this i will just answer it . if u took the time to read my previous post properly u would have noticed that this is exactly wot happens , as his ban HAS increased again ! which means yes hes been banned before ... and no he hasn't learned his lesson ......... YET !

Team Member

Forum » Server's » Protests » Your server is LFS's equivalent of a bad comedy
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024