Thursday, 2024-04-18, 8:27 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS

Welcome To The [A]uto [M]otive [G]odz Site & Forums

AMGMotorsports

Introduce yourself - Page 10 - Forum

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: B1gch0pper, Ryan  
Forum » General » General Discussion » Introduce yourself (Introduce yourself)
Introduce yourself
SinDate: Friday, 2012-11-23, 3:23 PM | Message # 226
Alien Racer
Group: Administrators
Haha best introduction ever - I know we've all spoken on TS many times, but you can have a HUGE WELCOME anyway wink

Team Member

THEWIZARDDKDate: Saturday, 2013-01-12, 10:02 AM | Message # 227
Noob
Group: Users
Hello, i dont think i ever introduced myself properly on your forums. but better late than never right biggrin I am THE WIZARD DK and some of you know me ingame as [B]SmokeyTheBandit . i am the owner and founder of [B] Team Bandit, which can be found under T in LFSworld team search. we are a Danish Team with currently two servers,website and more. we are currently 20 members, and we do all sorts of things. which also makes me think of, if any [B] (in black) names are onto trouble at your servers , i am the one to contact. this can be done by admins here. or pm me at int forums. please state regname aswell of the individual, so i know exactly who to adress. if anyone else uses the [B] tag. please notify them we are , aswell as you , a official LFS team,and therefore have our rights to that tag. (ive seen already many copies the tag). Team Bandit originates from the movies smokey & the bandit, which some of you know , because i drive a black trans am mostly. our Team members have the tag but can have other colored names aswell. but the tag is allways black. myself. im old in lfs.and life biggrin but im having a young mind of things. i do drive almost anywhere in lfs, on demo, on cargame, cruise and of heart, im a racer. but i just like driving, so thats kinda what i do . its not that important to me to win races, more like improving my pbs for myself. but ofc, if i see oppertunety, ill take it. im a keyboard driver, but i dont mind that. and that does not mean i run people off, well not intentionally , (i rarely do) but ofc accidents happen. i know Turbo a bit as we drove some fxr races on AMG some time back. i probably also know some others, but cant remember everyone. im currently PRO racer on your servers. and on CG servers. dont remember what on AA . but i come around now and then. this morning i drove with some brassilians on your server.. some nuckleheads among them, but also some very good drivers. but well.. its the same almost all over lfs main servers these days. so i dont really bother much. i think my time on your demo is like 1:34 something so im not the slowest even tho i use keyboard. im not the fastest either, but im happy being sorta middleish. i allways try to drive clean, but sometimes when newcomers are online its difficult to pass and such, but i at least usually say sorry if i hit someone. last from me. you are welcome to come visit our server aswell. we might even have some team racing, although many from my team has just begun racing, but if you like, then they might learn from you guys, as i know you got some fast guys on your team. the youngsters on my team will need alot of training so would be great to see you stop by some time.. i also linked my team to your site here, so you might get bandit attacked some day biggrin but remember to let me know if any trouble with them ok. Regards THE WIZARD DK.

ps: something that might be good to add in Ario insim on screen before races could be this for newcomers to read : http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Rules_of_Clean_Racing

www.youtube.com/user/THEWIZARDDK1 - THE TRANCE DUNGEON , www.youtube.com/user/THEWIZARDDK2 - THE LIBRARY , www.youtube.com/user/THEWIZARDDK4 - GAMES & MOVIES & COMEDY
Team Bandit website: http://teambandit.ucoz.com/

Message edited by THEWIZARDDK - Saturday, 2013-01-12, 10:15 AM

[SMOKE]Date: Saturday, 2013-01-12, 3:20 PM | Message # 228
Pro Racer
Group: Team Member
Hey Wizard, Nice introduction buddy! It sounds like you've got a lot of interesting things going on with Team Bandit and your team is welcome to Bandit Attack us anytime Heehee. If you're looking for a Team competition between our 2 respective teams online for a fun event - then you're best off arranging it with the S2 [AMG] [GTR] driving members of our team as they seem to be more collected than the demo drivers we have which are more individually spread out. If however, it needs to be demo racing and you say that most of your team is still around 1:34's then maybe that would be a good match - because most of the S2 [AMG] guys aren't accustomed to the demo cars and they're also around 1:34's. I'd be very interested in seeing an event like that, but around here all the big decisions are made by our boss [AMG] Sin, so we'll see what he thinks. Best of luck! (^_^) [AMG] [SMOKE]

SinDate: Saturday, 2013-01-12, 6:55 PM | Message # 229
Alien Racer
Hi there WIZARD welcome to our site, I've seen you on our servers before... btw I'm also old in LFS and life wacko

Team Member

RacerXDate: Saturday, 2013-01-12, 8:04 PM | Message # 230
Noob
Welcome WizardDk! i was the guy on Teamspeak with the name Ray Krieger Salorzano, nice to meet you buddy! i hope to also visit one of your servers as well, they look pretty cool, i also saw you there alot of times (But with my different names hehe).

As i said, nice to meet you! and i like trance too :D.

Random racer: My car is losing grip, My internet is lagging alot, and my computer is freezing like crazy!

Friend: Well, maybe there's a [AMG] member behind you! :D

Mike776Date: Monday, 2013-01-28, 2:41 AM | Message # 231
Noob
Hello, my name's Mike Hoth Salorzano, I'm Ray Krieger Salorzano's brother, i always have hated my brother as he acted like an @sshole to everyone on real life, and always picked on everyone, apparently he acted nicely, i'm glad that he retired (Yes, i used to look alot on this forum, he even messaged me).

I'm on my mid 20's, i drive a Mini Cooper and i even know some about fashion, despite that i'm hetero, i'm not so interesed in racing but i see that i have some potential on myself, i live on U.S.A.; Brooklyn, but it wasn't listed when i registered here, the 776 is because it's a part from my phone number, i don't really have too much to do, so i can be colaborative as much as i can do and because i'm alot more SANER than my phsycotic brother.

This seems to be a very friendly team, but i know that there is always someone here that tries to act like a smartass and ruin everyone's day i know that there is one... i'm looking at you...

Message edited by Mike776 - Monday, 2013-01-28, 2:45 AM

LAMIN-XDate: Sunday, 2013-04-07, 7:06 PM | Message # 232
Noob
Hi im LAMIN-X   hello . Was RAVEN in AKM days lol and drive with Aussie and Midnight Rush.

SinDate: Tuesday, 2013-04-09, 9:37 AM | Message # 233
Alien Racer
Hi there LAMIN-X, I remember you from the AKM days, that was a long time ago now haha

Welcome to the site good

Team Member

kvDate: Wednesday, 2013-04-10, 5:42 AM | Message # 234
Pro Racer
welcome Lamin-x!

Team Member

JJDate: Thursday, 2014-05-08, 10:54 AM | Message # 235
Noob
Hi guys n gals, I'm new to AMG Forums but certainly not AMG Servers. I race under my nick of JJ, and have many great memories on LFS especially around the AMG GTi server. I've met and raced a lot of very nice people from all around the world in this fantastic server, it's been extremely fun and a real pleasure to call them my buddies. I started out racing the "little go kart" the XFG and racked up many laps at Blackwood in that little beauty, managing a pb of somewhere between 1.33.30-40 (can't remember it exactly). After a while my old mate Brabus got me to try (as SMOKE would say.) "the boat" XRG :] and he would mentor me, straight away I had the feel for it (no time to be proud of) but the RWD control was there ready and waiting. All that was needed was some of that 'practice makes perfect' stuff. After a while and a lot of practice it became second nature, and I'm now lapping and hold a pb in the 1.32s. I also hold an S2 licence but don't race S2 much, and I race iracing every now and again.
thats a little bit about my LFS racing 'career'
Like our good mate  AMG Wayne I also live in good old Australia. I actually live around the same area Wayne use to live and has family living I believe.
So that's a little bit about me, I could tell you more but I'd probably cure your insomnia.
I hope I have many more memories at AMG and many more good times with the great people associated with this awesome race team and 'family'

I should probably add that I previously used the nick of 'Bosch' for those that might remember me by that. I use to get a lot of people asking me why I used Bosch as it was a bit odd... Well here's the story. It's a nick I got from the hardware store in which I work. Basically when I first started and was the new boy I was given shelf packing duties and basically about 2-3 times in a row I caused the storage shelf that holds Bosch power tools to collapse nearly flattening my head. Dangerous at the time but my work mates got quite the laugh out of it and the nick soon followed.

catch ya on the track guys
JJ

Message edited by JJ - Thursday, 2014-05-08, 11:26 AM

SinDate: Saturday, 2014-05-10, 3:53 PM | Message # 236
Alien Racer
Hey there JJ, nice introduction... I'll hopefully see you in one of our servers on my return from S.E. Asia good

Regards

Team Member

Ethan_MckaneDate: Wednesday, 2014-11-05, 7:54 PM | Message # 237
Noob
Hello, name's Ethan, i'm new to sim racing, this being the first game one i played in my life, before this, i was playing Need For Speed World, but the team that i joined there moved on to another genre, so i couldn't keep contact with them.

I have researched a bit before trying LFS, i bought the G27 and set it up, i'm not very fast as this wouyld be the very first day i play this game, as of this date of course.

That said, i need to be taught alot of things to get me started, i would had done it myself, but then, i found this team and decided to see if i could get help, so i could be among the fastest drivers as i did in NFS World (I was ranked #3 in World, but said team moved on to another genre last year, so i have a year of not playing that game, meaning that i naturally lost the place to someone else).

Otherwise, i want to join the team, seems friendly, and i don't mind to be nice to others either.

Message edited by Ethan_Mckane - Wednesday, 2014-11-05, 9:13 PM

JJDate: Thursday, 2014-11-06, 1:09 AM | Message # 238
Noob
Welcome to the forums Ethan, nice to meet you mate.

Sim racing is very hard compared to arcade type racing games but very rewarding, but you've certainly got yourself a nice unit in the G27 steering wheel! One of the best out there and once you get comfortable with it I'm sure you'll be able to do some pretty cool tricks. Hope to see you in one of our servers and I'll happily assist you with XFG and XRG setups and offer some driving advice. And I'm sure when you meet team leader [AMG]Sin, he will explain more on what you need to do to be eligible to join the team.

[AMG]JJ,

P.S. It's great to see that you're from NFSW too. I started LFS in early 2011 and because I was new to sim racing like yourself, I was pretty bad at it... So I turned to NFSW I enjoyed my time on that game and was pretty good at it. Certainly not at your level. Congrats on being ranked in the top 5.

Message edited by JJ - Thursday, 2014-11-06, 5:17 AM

SinDate: Thursday, 2014-11-06, 8:20 AM | Message # 239
Alien Racer
Hi there Ethan, welcome to our site good

I will reply to your email shortly.

Team Member

Ethan_MckaneDate: Saturday, 2014-11-08, 4:30 AM | Message # 240
Noob
Thanks for the welcome, well, i had been doing my best during the last three days with the help of some other racers who had been playing for years, i'm sure i want to go fast, is just that this is my third day of playing yet (As of this date).

Btw, the server is really good, much better than the other ones that accept ramming.

Well, i'll keep improving.

Message edited by Ethan_Mckane - Sunday, 2014-11-09, 4:30 AM

[SMOKE]Date: Sunday, 2014-11-09, 2:08 PM | Message # 241
Pro Racer
Hey buddy, what's your LFS name? That way I can know when I see you on the track. If you have any specific questions concerning LFS or the G27 - just ask.
These are my settings for LFS:

In Profiler: 105% overall effects. 0% all other options. Check Centering. Check Allow Game To Adjust. 720 rotation (XFG and XRG)

Also I turn wheel all the way left before plugging it in to callibrate, and I don't touch it while it spins. Then I open Logitech Profiler and start LFS from the profiler. The first time playing you wanna go to LFS' options/controls/axes/FF and callibrate your axes in LFS starting with your wheel, then center it, remove deadzones, then select lock (No need to do this everytime)
In LFS/Options/Controls/ Wheel turn=720 / Wheel Turn compensation=0.00 (as long as your profiler rotation and ingame rotation match - if not then set this to 1.00 to compensate for the difference, but this will add artificial wheel speed to speed up or slow down the ingame wheel to match your mismatched rotations which is why I have my rotation settings match in profiler and ingame and set the compensation feature off at 0.00)
Force Strength ingame=25 / Th-br axes=seperate / gear shift mode=sequential (h-shifter is too slow to be competitive in LFS)/ clutch=button (because I use my clutch pedal for brake in LFS on the G27 - it's more delicate and allows me greater braking control - personal preference)/ handbrake=button / button ctrl rate=10.00 / thr-brk centre=0.00 In LFS/Options/Driver/ Brake help=NO (you don't want this) / Gear shift mode=sequential / Auto clutch= [yes]or [no]It doesn't make a huge difference in XFG.
In LFS/Options/Misc/ Gearshift debounce=20ms (this is a feature that ignores any 2nd gearshift movements for 20ms to help with accidental double shifting, or shifter falling out of gear or something, so I set it to lowest to get the tightest response because my shifter is in good shape) Analogue Steersmooth=0.00 (this is for guys using a controller to help reduce sensitivity at high speeds, you don't want this on)
Also (not wheel related - but still has an affect on driving) LFS/Options/View/ Default driver view=In car / Field of view=75 (70 - 80 is a good range for compromise between realistic fov and visibility on most monitors) / view offset=0.00 / pitch, rotate, X offset, and Y offset all set to 0.00 / Z offset = 0.005 / move view w animation=yes / mirror offset lat=0.059 / mirror offset vert=0.000 / Draw driverwheel=driverONwheelON (lately I turn driver off though but that's personal preference) / mirror mode=all / clocks mode=real / all the acceleration shifts viewpoint settings are all the way to the left =off / look function=axis / button look=smooth. In Garage/Info Tab: I use Pascal's set for the XFG with 7% fuel (6.5 laps in case you want an extra lap) 6% fuel give you 5.6 laps so it's just enough for the 5 lap race but you'll run out if you want an extra lap. For the XRG I use Redline George's set with 5% fuel which give 5.5 laps, or 6% fuel which gives 6.6 laps if I want an extra lap. Fuel to add in pit=0 (so if there's ever a pitstop you can hurry up and get outta there, also should select no on whether or not to repair damage for quick stops)/ Steering Tab - Max Lock=30.0 Controller Wheel turns=720. And that's about it, except in graphics I have everything maxed out all the way to the right and in Options/Misc I have Vsync off and Limit Frame Rate at 100 to lock it at 100fps otherwise I get like 300 fps and that's just silly, 100 is fine and there's no visible tearing. Also in Nvidia Control Panel I have for LFS:
Antialiasing - Mode: Override any application setting
Antialiasing - Setting: 16xQ CSAA
Antialiasing - Transparency: 8x (supersample)
Texture filtering - Anisotropic sample optimisation: Off
Texture filtering - Quality: High quality
Texture filtering - Trilinear optimization: On

The game looks smooth, here's what it looks like for me: (I put Vsync on for the video)

Message edited by [SMOKE] - Sunday, 2014-11-09, 2:17 PM

Ethan_MckaneDate: Sunday, 2014-11-09, 5:36 PM | Message # 242
Noob
Quote [SMOKE] ()
Hey buddy, what's your LFS name? That way I can know when I see you on the track. If you have any specific questions concerning LFS or the G27 - just ask.
Name's in-game: Ethan Mckane (In yellow)

Thanks for the setting Smoke, i'm on my way of becoming a better driver, being fast as i did in NFS World, hope that we meet each other on track and help me a bit.

Regards.

Ethan Mckane.

HBakerDate: Monday, 2014-11-10, 1:02 PM | Message # 243
Amatuer
Hi AMG's

Since I'm a lot on your servers, and I also was asked to participate as Limad I thought I should register on your site and say hi.
I've had a very nice time racing on your servers. You seem to be a bunch of nice guys. Consequent and helpful. I like that. I'm looking forward to continue racing with you, and I'm sure the fun will continue.
So.. Thank you for your confidence in me, and thank you for your nice attitude and environment on servers.

Respect
Redline Baker

[SMOKE]Date: Tuesday, 2014-11-11, 1:09 AM | Message # 244
Pro Racer
Yo! Baker - good seeing you post here buddy. I didn't know you were approached for LIMAD, cool! Good racing with ya today, seeya out there tomorrow buddy!

SinDate: Wednesday, 2014-11-12, 7:46 AM | Message # 245
Alien Racer
Hi there Baker, welcome to our website - I'm glad you like our approach to LFS, I've been too busy with work this last week to get online sad

We're happy to have you part of the admin team good

See you on track when I'm not too damn busy lol wink

Team Member

Ethan_MckaneDate: Thursday, 2014-11-13, 6:00 PM | Message # 246
Noob
Quote Sin ()
See you on track when I'm not too damn busy lol
I saw you yesterday Sin, was a bit laggy when i entered but because of my conditions, not that i don't mind racing tough, gotta have to say that i enjoyed it alot, no worries tough, i'm not pessimistic, but had little to no answers on my problem...

Even so, i kinda solved it by changing from UDP requesting to TCP requesting on the names list.

Hope to talk to you soon.

BTW, hi Baker, had raced you a few times there, haven't seen people THAT fast there before!.

Message edited by Ethan_Mckane - Thursday, 2014-11-13, 6:03 PM

FlashDate: Monday, 2015-04-06, 2:36 PM | Message # 247
Noob
I`m Daniel aka TheFlash and more recently [AMG]Flash! See you guys on track! AMG is the best wink

SinDate: Monday, 2015-04-06, 3:15 PM | Message # 248
Alien Racer
Hi again Daniel, welcome to the team and website mate - have fun and race hard (but fair) good

Team Member

JackDate: Monday, 2015-04-06, 11:11 PM | Message # 249
Semi-Pro
Yo welcome and have great time racing biggrin

Team Member

Aston AS3 - FXR 0:44.730 1:40.750 WR-diff +0:00.150 4598 laps

[SMOKE]Date: Friday, 2015-04-10, 0:52 AM | Message # 250
Pro Racer
Hey Flash, sorry I haven't been on much lately. Congrats on the AMG team member status buddy. Wayne and I have been trying to get #1 ranked on the Leaderboard for BMW M3 Sport Evolution '92 DTM @ Bathurst in RaceRoom Racing Experience - I'm almost there.. 

Forum » General » General Discussion » Introduce yourself (Introduce yourself)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024