[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: B1gch0pper, Ryan  
Forum » General » General Discussion » Epitome of team spirit and selflessness
Epitome of team spirit and selflessness
rageshgrDate: Tuesday, 2011-10-25, 3:22 PM | Message # 1
Intermediate
Group: Users
Apologies if it is not appropriate for me to post an MPR from another server. But I gotta show you this. We start a 12 lap FE-gold/TBO race at our server [pfh] gtr. I start last but take lead from T1 onwards, I maintain my lead through out the race till last chicane of 12th lap. By this time, some racers have telepitted/repaired damage etc and hence I am 1-2 laps ahead. I badly want to win this race as my fingers are aching trying to control the ever drifting RB4 at FE Gold for 23 minutes.

100 yards before checkered flag, I run out of fuel, though I had put sufficient amount. I stall at the last chicane helpless. Only way out if spectate. I ask people to push me to pits as a kind of joke, but the amazing happens, soon enough before I get spectated for idling, my team mate Daf comes behind me, and pushes me to pits! and makes me win the race! I was really touched, what a great gesture of team spirit and sportmanship, I can't thank him enough. I don't know if this is illegal in leagues, but it was great that day. Thought I would share this with you.

I have uploaded the replay here http://www.filedropper.com/dafhelp. The incident starts from 21:30 to 23:00 min

SingleEnginePilotDate: Tuesday, 2011-10-25, 4:26 PM | Message # 2
Rookie
Great story and it's that kind of racing that ultimately makes us all come back. If not for those moments, it wouldn't be worth it imo. Kudos to Daf and you on your win.

I've seen this kind of sportsmanship with many drivers (especially the regulars) on AMG server. I think in general, most people want to win, but not that way. biggrin

rageshgrDate: Tuesday, 2011-10-25, 6:54 PM | Message # 3
Intermediate
Thanks Frets, yes these are some wonderful moments which make this worthwhile and proud to be part of this community smile

SinDate: Wednesday, 2011-10-26, 1:07 AM | Message # 4
Alien Racer
Group: Administrators
Quote (SingleEnginePilot)
I think in general, most people want to win, but not that way.

Exactly what i would have said ... for me if i make a mistake and cause someone to crash or something similar i would rather spectate or let them pass .

As for the gesture - very nice from Daf , if there were more people in the online community like this then it would be a better place applause

Team Member

rageshgrDate: Wednesday, 2011-10-26, 1:13 AM | Message # 5
Intermediate
Hey now I don't get what Frets said, "most people want to win, but not that way" which way? Can you guys clarify?

Yes it was really a great gesture, ya if only there were more people. Another time, I was leading the race whol 6 laps, I crashed at last chicane, so Daf waited at chekered and let me pass :), what a guy, so next race I made him pass at the checkered flag as a thank you note smile

Message edited by rageshgr - Wednesday, 2011-10-26, 1:15 AM

SinDate: Wednesday, 2011-10-26, 2:27 AM | Message # 6
Alien Racer
Group: Administrators
Quote (rageshgr)
Hey now I don't get what Frets said, "most people want to win, but not that way" which way? Can you guys clarify?

I think you'll find he means that if someone has made a small mistake but was way out in front anyway - then "some" people would rather help them than beat them in that sort of way ... thats how i read it anyway wink

Team Member

rageshgrDate: Wednesday, 2011-10-26, 2:37 AM | Message # 7
Intermediate
Ah, ok most people want to win, but not by luck or fluke like leader crashing etc right?

SingleEnginePilotDate: Wednesday, 2011-10-26, 2:55 AM | Message # 8
Rookie
Correct, that's what I meant. Crashing is one thing, but running out of fuel is another.

rageshgrDate: Wednesday, 2011-10-26, 3:13 AM | Message # 9
Intermediate
Again I am confused, you mean to say I should not have won because I was careless with my fuel strategy :P?

SingleEnginePilotDate: Wednesday, 2011-10-26, 8:04 PM | Message # 10
Rookie
lol, no, I just mean that if you crash, then it's your fault and shouldn't have won, but if you run out of fuel, it's your pit bosses fault. biggrin

Of course there are those that might say that you SHOULD have had enough fuel, but that's ok too. I was simply trying to say that a lot of people want to win, but win because they outdrove their competitor not because their competitor was taken out by an unfortunate circumstance.

rageshgrDate: Wednesday, 2011-10-26, 8:12 PM | Message # 11
Intermediate
ah! ok lol! now I am clear about what you meant smile

Forum » General » General Discussion » Epitome of team spirit and selflessness
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024