Sunday, 2024-05-05, 8:58 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS

Welcome To The [A]uto [M]otive [G]odz Site & Forums

AMGMotorsports

Mind if i ask a question? - Forum

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: B1gch0pper, Ryan  
Forum » General » General Discussion » Mind if i ask a question? (I had some doubts about something!)
Mind if i ask a question?
RacerXDate: Saturday, 2012-11-24, 2:59 AM | Message # 1
Noob
Group: Team Member
Hello AMG! i always loved Live For Speed because of it's awesomeness that it have as it's EVEN better than many other games out there!.-

However, me as a simple Demo Racer, i got to race on AMG GTi (No bragging right intended... seriously! D:, plus Guatemala dosen't have S1 and S2 offers for now, so can't get S1 or S2!) and i met the members who are awesome... wich made me feel proud to see a team with awesome drivers!, especially seeing them catch up about... anyone, wich is impressive :D.-

I'm generally racing on the asphalt Blackwood (As Smoke for example saw) i got to make 1:34's as well, wich makes me feel as i'm taking a step ahead of learning this track, but i saw people (Like Trismo and Pascal) get 1:33's wich made me Study EVEN more this subject.-

I tought of asking about some hints or tips to improve, because i'm good on many other racing games, but you know... it's FAR FAR FAR more realistic than anything else out here, so it's a new world for me, to note that Wayne and some others i also gave a shot at (In wich my victories were in vain as they are fast).-

So, i still need to train, raise the skills, rinse and repeat techniques and etc.

May upload some replay, so anyone can give it a check, hoping for an answer for my question, and also to see other problems as well.

Krieger776

Logitech G27 proud user wink

Random racer: My car is losing grip, My internet is lagging alot, and my computer is freezing like crazy!

Friend: Well, maybe there's a [AMG] member behind you! :D

[SMOKE]Date: Saturday, 2012-11-24, 7:30 AM | Message # 2
Pro Racer
Hey Krieger! (^_^)
Nice to see you again buddy. For tips: I guess I could start with settings I recommend, here's my Logitech Driving Force GT settings that work perfectly for me in LFS.
In Profiler: 101% overall effects. 0% all other options. Check Allow Game To Adjust. and for as real an experience as possible don't set it any lower than 720 rotation / Also I turn wheel all the way left before plugging it in to callibrate, and I don't touch it while it spins. Then I open Logitech Profiler and start LFS from the profiler. The first time playing = callibrate axes/FF in LFS center it, remove deadzones, then select lock (No need to do this everytime)
In LFS/Options/Controls/ Wheel turn=720 (if you set it that way in profiler) / Wheel Turn compensation=0.00 / Force Str=25 - 30 / Th-br axes=seperate / gear shift mode=sequential / clutch=button / handbrake=button / button ctrl rate=6.00 / thr-brk centre=0.00 In LFS/Options/Driver/ Brake help=NO / Gear shift mode=sequential / Auto clutch=[yes] In LFS/Options/Misc/ Gearshift debounce=40ms/ Analogue Steersmooth=0.00
Also (not wheel related - but still has an affect on driving) LFS/Options/View/ Default driver view=In car / Field of view=79 / view offset=0.00 / pitch, rotate, X offset, and Y offset all set to 0.00 / Z offset = 0.005 / move view w animation=yes / mirror offset lat=0.059 / mirror offset vert=0.000 / Draw driverwheel=driverONwheelON / mirror mode=all / clocks mode=real / all the acceleration shifts viewpoint settings are all the way to the left =off / look function=axis / button look=smooth. In Garage/Info Tab: - 7% fuel (5laps + extra) Fuel to add in pit=0 / Steering Tab - Max Lock=30.0 Controller Wheel turns=720.
For driving techniques: I recommend spectating and watching faster guys, and make sure the gas and brake displays are on so you can see exactly how they do it. Also watch them from the overhead view looking down on them with the racing line on so you can see the path that the faster guys take and where they deviate from the racing line. Also, make sure to try many different setups as some may work wonders for you while others don't. You might be surprised at which sets work best for you. For instance, Trismo's and Pascal's set don't work best for me despite how perfect those sets are for them. I use StiggyClubR's - and he's not even all that fast - but it works best for me. So be sure to try quite a few to be sure. Also, allways remember that nobody gets 33's at this game right away no matter how much homework they do or how gifted they are - it may take some time, but at least you're on the right track. Good luck!

Added (2012-11-24, 7:30 AM)
---------------------------------------------
By the way, Thanks for your kind words reguarding AMG - We really appreciate it buddy! And we'll continue to do our best to ensure you have the best experience possible Krieger. I hope to see you out there soon buddy biggrin

B1gch0pperDate: Saturday, 2012-11-24, 2:36 PM | Message # 3
Alien Racer
Group: Moderators

Welcome Krieger smile

Team Member

kvDate: Saturday, 2012-11-24, 7:37 PM | Message # 4
Pro Racer
Hello Krieger776!

Guatemala, nice place good
GoGoGo! smile

Team Member

Message edited by kv - Saturday, 2012-11-24, 7:38 PM

SinDate: Saturday, 2012-11-24, 7:38 PM | Message # 5
Alien Racer
Group: Administrators
I concur with Smoke - You won't go far wrong if you follow his advice for Blackwood smile

Team Member

kvDate: Saturday, 2012-11-24, 7:59 PM | Message # 6
Pro Racer
i just found this on web:

"If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right."
Henry Ford

good

i think, the first thing is the creed, the second is the experience, third is only the setup.

Team Member

RacerXDate: Sunday, 2012-11-25, 4:03 AM | Message # 7
Noob
Thank's guys for the welcome! and for the tips and hints too!, by now i began to improve a little my time, perhaps i even made an accidental 1:33.99 haha ^_^, thank's guys! hope to see you all on the track someday too! :D, you guys are awesome!.

Thanks Kv, it's a really nice place in here!, hope to see you soon!

Proud Logitech G27 user wink

Random racer: My car is losing grip, My internet is lagging alot, and my computer is freezing like crazy!

Friend: Well, maybe there's a [AMG] member behind you! :D

kvDate: Wednesday, 2012-11-28, 8:14 PM | Message # 8
Pro Racer
http://youtu.be/DwpyJ9VGiG0

the key for good laps good
just listen this when hotlaping smile

No limit smile

lol, just found this on YouTube...OMG i was 7 (1993), when this was hit...im old?? surprised

Team Member

Message edited by kv - Wednesday, 2012-11-28, 8:14 PM

SinDate: Wednesday, 2012-11-28, 8:21 PM | Message # 9
Alien Racer
Group: Administrators
hahahaa that song is just so.... umm.....

Bad........ happy

Team Member

Forum » General » General Discussion » Mind if i ask a question? (I had some doubts about something!)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024