Thursday, 2024-04-18, 2:55 AM
Welcome Guest | RSS

Welcome To The [A]uto [M]otive [G]odz Site & Forums

AMGMotorsports

Changing my LFS name - Forum

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: B1gch0pper, Ryan  
Forum » General » General Discussion » Changing my LFS name (Anybody ever decided to change your name? Discuss here)
Changing my LFS name
[SMOKE]Date: Sunday, 2012-12-16, 5:27 PM | Message # 1
Pro Racer
Group: Team Member
Hello fellow [AMG]ers: I've been thinking of changing my name from [AMG] [SMOKE] to [AMG] Starscream.
I've considered this for a long time but have allways put it off because I've been known as [SMOKE] for so long, LFS friends know me as [SMOKE] and all my youtube videos have me as [SMOKE] so I was hesitant to change the name. However, I've allways felt that the name sends a bad message in the sense that many assume I'm named this way in support of smoking weed - which isn't true of course. In any event, I don't really like the idea that some may see this name as a sign of supporting drug use and I've allways wanted to change it. My email is oldstarscream@yahoo.com and in some forums I'm starscream and in many games my gamer tag is starscream or oldstarscream and I think that changing to [AMG] Starscream would be a good way of avoiding the issues that the name [SMOKE] presents me with when it comes to worrying about an incidental correlation with an appearance of supporting illegal drug use which I do not.
However, I worry that if I change my name then there may be an issue or two with continuity/consistancy, also there would have to be some changes made to this site where it shows [AMG] members as [AMG] [SMOKE] and all that it would have to be changed to [AMG] Starscream and also I'd have to create a new profile for posting messages in here with the new name and that would probably set me back to square one and make it a bit odd. I don't know.. what do you guys think - should I just leave the name as is? Or do you guys think it should be changed?

SinDate: Sunday, 2012-12-16, 8:26 PM | Message # 2
Alien Racer
Group: Administrators
I would never ever change my gamer name - because just too many people know me by my game name, if I was to change it many people would wonder who I was... plus I would have to build up a reputation again (whether you have a good or bad one is dependent on how you are with others), doing this is definitely NOT a good idea - this is just my opinion.

Oh and just for the record I never once associated your name with narcotics wink

Team Member

kvDate: Sunday, 2012-12-16, 9:12 PM | Message # 3
Pro Racer
hy smoke, do you have FB page?? smile
i just reg there, and want search all AMG, and LFS mates

Team Member

[SMOKE]Date: Sunday, 2012-12-16, 9:30 PM | Message # 4
Pro Racer
Thanks for the advice Sin - I think I'll just remain [SMOKE]
Sorry kv - I had a facebook page once, but the same day I made the FB page I had a crazy ex-girlfriend show up at my job and my ex wife posting on the page about how my current wife wasn't as good as here and how I should take her back. Long story short: There are just too many crazy women that would love to take advantage of me.

Added (2012-12-16, 9:30 PM)
---------------------------------------------
I've actually had to move twice to avoid ex girlfriends and an ex wife that want to steal me back and ruin my family. Now I think I've finally managed to settle down in a house that none of them know about. I can't risk making another facebook page. But hey, there's allways my youtube channe, the AMG forum, and my email.

kvDate: Sunday, 2012-12-16, 9:31 PM | Message # 5
Pro Racer
ah OK..
yes, i know..crazy woman can make life so difficult wacko

Team Member

RacerXDate: Tuesday, 2013-01-08, 6:40 PM | Message # 6
Noob
Umm... hello?

Well, so anyway... crazy woman is always difficult to deal with, i know how it feels buddy.-

Your name? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA happy lol, if anyone tought that you REALLY do narcotics then you could consider the other people around here talking about you smoking... now now, don't be paranoid because nobody said that or even suspected that you smoked on the first place... that is if you only contact us, now if someone else knows you by that name (Non-AMG member, can be a familiar or I don't know) then fine, we know that you don't either way...

nono

Ray Krieger Salorzano feels... nocomp

Random racer: My car is losing grip, My internet is lagging alot, and my computer is freezing like crazy!

Friend: Well, maybe there's a [AMG] member behind you! :D

Message edited by RacerX - Tuesday, 2013-01-08, 6:45 PM

B1gch0pperDate: Tuesday, 2013-01-08, 7:59 PM | Message # 7
Alien Racer
Group: Moderators
Lol, you should swap names with me Smokey, your name would suit me a treat, then whatever people think they will probably be right! wink

Team Member

[SMOKE]Date: Wednesday, 2013-01-09, 2:38 AM | Message # 8
Pro Racer
I've decided to just stick with the name [SMOKE]. I've used it for too long and in too many games. Also, it's gotten to the point where most people in real life call me Smoke anyways because they're so used to it. So it would be too odd to change it now I suppose.

lfsmodsDate: Tuesday, 2022-11-08, 8:39 AM | Message # 9
Noob
Group: Users
Why you need to change

The best Live for Speed game - LFS Mods

Forum » General » General Discussion » Changing my LFS name (Anybody ever decided to change your name? Discuss here)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024