Friday, 2024-04-19, 6:56 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS

Welcome To The [A]uto [M]otive [G]odz Site & Forums

AMGMotorsports

MDT vs AMG - Page 2 - Forum

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: B1gch0pper, Ryan  
Forum » General » General Discussion » MDT vs AMG (race)
MDT vs AMG
[SMOKE]Date: Thursday, 2013-05-02, 5:03 PM | Message # 26
Pro Racer
Group: Team Member
Heeheehee, yeah I was scared for a minute there! We'd write it like this:
05/12/2013
I guess Sin will be in ThaiLand by then. We'll need to know when he returns and set the event to take place after his return if we want him configuring the server for the 30 lap event. Unless anybody has any ideas of how we could set it up without Sin, I know he mentioned asking B2R Storm.. but I'd feel weird doing the event without Sin.. What do you guys think?
Hey Sin, is there anyway you can take your pc with you to ThaiLand and still be acting boss from overseas? (^_^)
I know lugging a desktop computer on a plane is tough, that's why my gaming pc is an Alienware laptop - I can take that thing anywhere and it has all my games and movies and everything on it with a Terabyte hard drive and 3 graphics cards = a good mobile gaming solution. I took it with me to Australia when I visited [AMG][WAYNE].

mrkelaDate: Thursday, 2013-05-02, 5:06 PM | Message # 27
Noob
Group: Users
race shall be May 19, 2013, ok?

[SMOKE]Date: Thursday, 2013-05-02, 5:18 PM | Message # 28
Pro Racer
Oh and by the way..
Big Chopper since you're viewing this thread.. why not confirm or deny your entree status while you're here? We still don't know if you're willing to be our 5th guy and we probably need a 5th guy as our 5 man team seems to be lacking absolution at this point with Cosmo doubting he'll be in attendance.
If nothing else.. we need to have at least 1 or 2 backup drivers in case of any last minute dropouts come race day. Both teams need to hurry up and confirm their teams and have at least 1 backup driver. We're very close to being the first ones to finish building our team - we're allmost there. I have no idea how close MDT is to building their team but I want our team to be ready to go when MDT is ready.

Added (2013-05-02, 5:18 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Mrkela - I can race May 19th, and I'll ask Wayne, Heavykick, TeoZ, and Cosmo if they can race that day (allthough if any of you guys are reading this - save me the trouble and post your response here so I don't have to be the middle man all the time). The other thing to consider though concerning a May 19th date is whether or not Sin will be back from his trip. Since you said you don't have a server and Sin is the one who runs our teams server - the date should coincide with his schedule.

TeoZDate: Thursday, 2013-05-02, 5:45 PM | Message # 29
Noob
book May 19th is ok for me... good

[SMOKE]Date: Thursday, 2013-05-02, 5:48 PM | Message # 30
Pro Racer
Thanks for your prompt reply buddy. Now if we could just hear from the rest of the AMG guys we'll be in good shape.

B1gch0pperDate: Thursday, 2013-05-02, 6:46 PM | Message # 31
Alien Racer
Group: Moderators
If Kev is not available to configure server on the night I can do it, I can change the amount of laps per race and put a password on the server etc, but I cannot change it to need a pit (with a window) etc, that needs to be done through the airio files...
Im sure between me and Kev we will be able to come up with something for you guys smile

19/05/13 is a Sunday, its the weekend I have my kids, if its evening i'll be available if you need me, if its afternoon I prolly wont be, but can still be there for adminning purposes smile

I wouldn't worry too much about getting the team finalised so early Smokey me ol' mukka, its 3 weeks away and any team you announce now will prolly change 5 times before you take to the grid, just get a feel for who is available on that date then pick your best 5 from those fella... Im guessing as its on a Sunday you may have quite a few available...
I would create a thread in the teams section to start discussing who, what, why and where etc...

Team Member

[SMOKE]Date: Thursday, 2013-05-02, 7:13 PM | Message # 32
Pro Racer
Ok, thanks for the info buddy. Yeah I'd just be worried about Wayne's time zone - if it's a Sunday afternoon for me, it would be like 2am Monday for him. Usually I race with him on Fri or Sat nights which = Sat and Sun morning for him. On Sunday for us it's allready Mon for him and he's asleep or at work  depending on how late on our Sunday it is. I guess if it was very early Sun morning for me in USA, and midday afternoon for Europeans it would be late at night for Wayne.. Like 8am for me = 10pm Sunday night for Wayne.. I dunno... It's a good thing it's 3 weeks away because Sin was right about it being complicated to get 5 guys on at the same time. To make it worse, I feel like I'm the only one trying to organise everyone together on this and it's alot of work: sending emails, private messages, looking for guys on the server, asking again and again for responses, trying to get guys personally involved in the process, organising a team strategy, then somebody drops out, or the date keeps changing, then the lapcount changes = new strategy testing, being the middle man for confirmations and updates, calculating the best time, going without sleep, etc, etc, etc...
:stressed:

Message edited by [SMOKE] - Thursday, 2013-05-02, 7:41 PM

B1gch0pperDate: Thursday, 2013-05-02, 7:44 PM | Message # 33
Alien Racer
Group: Moderators
Dont get stressed fella, it takes all the fun out of it!

As I mentioned your best bet is to just start a thread in the team members section, outlining the event and the date/time, and wait for people to confirm availablilty... If it gets to 2 or 3 days before the event and you still haven't confirmed your final 5 drivers, then thats the time to start panicing and sending pm's etc...
I wouldn't worry too much buddy, its not an official race or anything, just 2 teams battling it out for a bit of fun, shit can be changed on the night, so if you (or they) only have 3 or 4 drivers, or you both have 7 drivers each online and waiting, numbers can be adjusted accordingly...
Just remember to keep it fun and not to worry to much, you dont wanna turn your hair grey in the next few weeks over a simple team challenge smile

Team Member

mrkelaDate: Thursday, 2013-05-02, 7:52 PM | Message # 34
Noob
up, you agree to how many hours it will be. good for us anyway, but the race is May 19

[SMOKE]Date: Thursday, 2013-05-02, 11:33 PM | Message # 35
Pro Racer
Sin: When do you leave for ThaiLand, and when will you return?

Added (2013-05-02, 11:33 PM)
If it has to be on Sunday May 19th - then the only way to have Cosmo, Me, Heavykick, TeoZ, and Wayne would be to start the event as early as Cosmo could possibly wake up and race. For example: If it's 7am for Cosmo, it's 9am for me, about 1pm for Heavykick and TeoZ, and 11pm for Wayne - Now I know Wayne likes to go to bed around 10pm on Sunday nights because he has to wake up REALLY early for work on Monday morning. So to help Wayne, Cosmo could agree to race at 6am and that would place the event at 10pm for Wayne making it easier on him. But that wouldn't be fair to Cosmo to ask him to be ready by 6am.. You see what I mean?
 Saturday would be better because Wayne is the kind of guy who wakes up early and if Wayne could agree to race at 7am on his Sunday morning - it would be 9pm Sat.night for TeoZ and Heavykick, and 5pm Sat. afternoon for me, and 3pm Sat. afternoon for Cosmo. But if you tried that same approach on Sunday - Wayne would be at work..  So May 18th would be so much better.

Message edited by [SMOKE] - Thursday, 2013-05-02, 11:34 PM

mrkelaDate: Friday, 2013-05-03, 10:01 AM | Message # 36
Noob
Okay, it's 18 May, What time?

[SMOKE]Date: Friday, 2013-05-03, 12:48 PM | Message # 37
Pro Racer
I think 5pm SAT night Eastern USA - 10pm SAT night U.K. - 7am Sun Australia
I'm not sure what that is in every time zone, but if that is too late at night for Eastern Europe or Asian drivers - let us know and we'll change it.

Added (2013-05-03, 12:39 PM)
Or we could start the event around 8am Sat. morning Eastern USA - 1pm SAT U.K. - 1:30pm SAT GER - 10pm SAT Australia (this would be the latest we could push it for Wayne I think, but it would make it 5am for Cosmo.. so it's not perfect).
What time zones are your other 4 guys in?

Added (2013-05-03, 12:48 PM)
I think for AMG guys at least - the best time might be:
Texas, USA = 2pm for Cosmo
FL, USA = 5pm for SMOKE
U.K. = 10pm for our backup drivers or server admins like Big Chopper etc
Italy = 10:30pm for TeoZ
Germany = 10:30pm for Heavykick
Serbia - 10:30pm for Mrkela
Australia - 7am then next morning for WAYNE
I'm guessing on the Italy/Germany/Serbia 10:30 time - I'm not 100% sure what time it is for those 3 nations, so if anyone can correct my estimation I'd apprecitate it.

We might be able to push this suggested time back one hour so that it would be 9:30pm European Time - 6am Australian Time - 1pm Cosmo Time - 4pm SMOKE Time.. But that would be real early for Wayne, not sure if he could be totally awake and ready at 6am sharp.. maybe.

Message edited by [SMOKE] - Friday, 2013-05-03, 1:19 PM

mrkelaDate: Friday, 2013-05-03, 1:22 PM | Message # 38
Noob
4 drivers are from Serbia and one from Holland. to us is the same time zone. can and at 9:30 pm.

[SMOKE]Date: Friday, 2013-05-03, 1:32 PM | Message # 39
Pro Racer
Ok -
1pm for Cosmo
4pm for Smoke
9:30pm for TeoZ, Heavykick, and MDT guys
6am for Wayne

I checked with Wayne - he says 6am is ok for hiim - but he might be a bit sleepy. biggrin

mrkelaDate: Friday, 2013-05-03, 2:22 PM | Message # 40
Noob
ok man,We agreed...drivers who will drive for MDT, 18 may at 9:30 pm. server?

MDT™Alex
MDT™Mrkela
MDT™Stig
MDT™Djole
MDT™Ikke de Gek

CosmoDate: Friday, 2013-05-03, 2:52 PM | Message # 41
Noob
Saturday+1:00 pm=No chance that Cosmo will be there.

[SMOKE]Date: Friday, 2013-05-10, 5:39 PM | Message # 42
Pro Racer
Maybe Chopper can fill in for Cosmo?

Added (2013-05-10, 5:39 PM)
Just a little update:
The [AMG]Team at the moment:
SMOKE
WAYNE
Heavykick
TeoZ
Trend

I know Big Chopper is setting up the event, but since I haven't heard back from him as to whether or not he plans to race in it - I got Trend on board as the 5th guy. If you want to race Chopper then let us know buddy.

mrkelaDate: Sunday, 2013-05-12, 10:54 PM | Message # 43
Noob
ok ,  race 18.5.2013 , 9:30 pm for MDT... server?

[SMOKE]Date: Monday, 2013-05-13, 2:07 PM | Message # 44
Pro Racer
Hey guys, Trend showed me this neat tool for checking time zones - try it out!

[url=http://www.timeanddate.com/time/map/#!cities=411,35,47,37,215,136]http://www.timeanddate.com/time/map/#!cities=411,35,47,37,215,136[/url]

If we want Wayne to race at 6 am, that's 10pm for Serbia, Germany, and Italy, and 9pm for England (the AMG server's time zone) and 4pm for me in Florida.

However, if 10 pm is too late for you then maybe we can do it this way:
8 am for me in Florida, 1 pm for England, 2pm for Italy,Germany, and Serbia, and 10 pm for Wayne in Australia. Write back and let me know what you think would be a good time. Just keep in mind that Wayne can't play before 6am or later than 11pm, and I would prefer not to play before 8am or later than 11pm and Wayne is 14 hours ahead of me, so 8am for me = 10 pm for him (seems good) and the rest of you guys in Europe would fall inbetween those two extremes and end up playing around 1 - 2 in the afternoon. Sounds good?
USA, SMOKE = 8am (08:00)
England = 1pm (13:00)
Italy, Germany, Serbia = 2pm (14:00)
Australia, Wayne = 10pm (22:00)

Added (2013-05-13, 2:07 PM)
If there are no objections, here is the suggested time for the event:

AMGvsMDT May 18 -
@ 08:00 EDT (USA),
@ 13:00 BST (U.K.),
@ 14:00 CEST (ITA,GER,SER),
@ 22:00 AEST (AU)

Message edited by [SMOKE] - Monday, 2013-05-13, 1:55 PM

mrkelaDate: Tuesday, 2013-05-14, 3:21 AM | Message # 45
Noob
ok, man... let it be 18.5.2013 14:00 for MDT.
only agree on the server?

[SMOKE]Date: Tuesday, 2013-05-14, 4:22 AM | Message # 46
Pro Racer
Sounds like a plan buddy. It should take place on AMG GTi Prosports, however.. if there are any MDT members that don't have the sufficient requirements to get into the Prosports server - let us know.
Also, I think AMG Bc will be in charge of setting up the server for the event - so let's wait for him to reply here with his thoughts on the event. If he doesn't respond to this thread after a day or two - I'll try to instant message him or something. AFK

SinDate: Wednesday, 2013-05-15, 5:47 AM | Message # 47
Alien Racer
Group: Administrators
I would suggest that if any of the MDT guys haven't raced on our servers before then they should go to the GTi MotorSport server just to get the licence - then they can join the ProSport server no problem good

Team Member

[SMOKE]Date: Friday, 2013-05-17, 0:24 AM | Message # 48
Pro Racer
If any MDT guys are having any trouble getting into Prosport, please let us know. If they have any questions just ask. Allthough Prosports' Airio is down, so anybody who wants to can get in anyways lol. Of course it'll probably be back up by the 18th... (I hope).

Message edited by [SMOKE] - Friday, 2013-05-17, 0:25 AM

mrkelaDate: Friday, 2013-05-17, 0:50 AM | Message # 49
Noob
ok guys, but my driver has an exam at 14:00, could possibly be moved time after 17:00??? :((((

[SMOKE]Date: Friday, 2013-05-17, 2:17 AM | Message # 50
Pro Racer
17:00 Serbia = 01:00 for Wayne in Australia - I seriously doubt Wayne can stay up that late to start the event and play until around 02:00, he's a family man. Also he's one of our most important drivers. Do you have a backup driver for that guy? It's good to have a backup driver just in case anyways..
Get back to me on this a.s.a.p. - We'll try to figure something out - but there's not much time, so let's get this sorted out buddy. If we have to, can we do 4 MDT vs 4 AMG?

Forum » General » General Discussion » MDT vs AMG (race)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024