Welcome Guest | RSS

Welcome To The [A]uto [M]otive [G]odz Site & Forums

AMGMotorsports

MDT vs AMG - Forum

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum moderator: B1gch0pper, Ryan  
Forum » General » General Discussion » MDT vs AMG (race)
MDT vs AMG
mrkelaDate: Sunday, 2013-04-28, 1:14 AM | Message # 1
Noob
Group: Users
hi frends, Are you in it to make such an event? Mad Drivers team vs. AMG. only XFG car. 5 drivers per team. 5 vs 5 . to drive on one of your servers. track: Blackwood. 10 laps + 1 pits. We await your response.

MDT

SinDate: Sunday, 2013-04-28, 8:28 PM | Message # 2
Alien Racer
Group: Administrators
Hi, trying to get 5 drivers online for just a short 10 lap race maybe difficult due to the many different timezones that we're in... We do sometimes run 10 lap races with a pit stop on our ProSport server, just join the server and race with everybody else it's good fun

good

Team Member

[SMOKE]Date: Monday, 2013-04-29, 9:07 PM | Message # 3
Pro Racer
Group: Team Member
No need to get 5 [AMG]guys together.. I'll take 'em all on! Bring it on! Heeheehee

Added (2013-04-29, 1:43 PM)
---------------------------------------------
But in all seriousness, I'd love to accept that challenge. I can get [AMG] [WAYNE]And for the other 3, it should be Reflex, Kv, and Sin I think:
[AMG] [SMOKE](1:33.4x - 1:33.6x) (that's me baby! I'm ready!!!)
[AMG] [WAYNE](1:33.4x - 1:33.6x) (sucks at pits though!) = equaliser!
[AMG]Reflex (low to mid 1:33's) (hardcore dude, watch out MDT!)
[AMG]Sin (low 1:34's) (not too experienced @XFG yet, but great in pitstops!)
[AMG]Kv (high 1:33's) (solid all arounder capable of mid 33's)
Alternates: (the only reason some of these guys weren't in my top 5 is because they either haven't been with AMG as long as some other guys,  or they don't like to show up for demo races, or because they're not likely to want to participate, etc.)
[AMG]Cosmo (mid 1:34's, I don't know if he'd be willing to participate because he's modest concerning his skills. As much time as he's put into AMG demo servers and his level of participation there, I think he deserves a spot. (even if he doubts it) He's a great friend and well known and respected on demo, I'd be happy to have him.)
[AMG]Heavykick  (high 1:33's with occasional mid 33 - good candidate, he really should be in the top 5 as much as he races demo - he's equal to Kv in performance. I only put Kv in the top 5 over Heavykick because Kv's been with AMG longer).
[AMG]Osteri  (mid 1:34's I think, I can't remember. Average XFG performance, below average English hehehe)
[AMG]Turk Racer  (low to mid 1:33's if I remember correctly)
[AMG]Tur8o (don't know his avg times, never seen him drive before. Probably couldn't get him to race, he's EXTREMELY elusive - you NEVER see him on the track)
[AMG]BC (can't remember BigChopper's times.. low 34's maybe? Not as elusive as Tur8o, but rarely shows up on demo server. But there's allways a chance..)

I think Reflex is our best man, so if Sin can get him and I can get Wayne - that just leaves one spot and I know Kv  and Heavykick like to race XFG BL1 a lot. TurkRacer is fast, but I don't really know him, never spoke with him before and I don't see him much. So I don't know if I could track him down. Osteri is easy to find so he might fit the bill. I can gurantee Wayne's participation if it's a time when he's not working or sleeping.
We'd need to set a date and time.
Also, it would be cool if we could see a list of MDT guys that plan to participate and a rough estimation of their average laptimes so we could get an idea of how the teams will match up.

If we picked our 5 based on how often they drive XFG on Blackwood it would be:
Wayne,[SMOKE],Cosmo,Heavykick,Kv
This would be the 5 most likely to be found driving XFG BL1 regularly on AMG GTi

If we picked our 5 based on speed it would be:
Reflex,TurkRacer,[SMOKE],Wayne, ???
These are our fastest XFG guys in decending order. (not 100% sure about 5th fastest though - need verification on that one. Also, I don't know if Reflex is faster in XFG than TurkRacer, but I think I remember Reflex getting a 1:33.2x, might've been a slipstream though). If I got your avg time wrong - post a correction please. I don't claim 100% accuracy on the avg times - I'm just guessing for most of these guys, except for Wayne - I can vouch for the accuracy of his avg 1:33.4x - 1:33.6x. Also if you're an AMG guy reading this and your name isn't on the list: post a response with your avg XFG time for our consideration.

Added (2013-04-29, 9:07 PM)
Congrats Mrkela on your pb April 26th of 1:34.13. You would match up well with Sin or Cosmo. I hope you've got someone on MDT that can give me a challenge! (^_^)

Message edited by [SMOKE] - Monday, 2013-04-29, 3:27 PM

HeavykickDate: Tuesday, 2013-04-30, 4:49 AM | Message # 4
Noob
Hell yeah baby, lets race.
Wing man Heavyick will race with you Smoke, you are not alone xD

[SMOKE]Date: Tuesday, 2013-04-30, 4:52 AM | Message # 5
Pro Racer
YES!!!   HEE HEE HEE   That's what I'm talking about! Now the rest of the AMG guys need to show some courage and step up to the plate! (^_^)

Heavykick just gained alot of respect from me for showing such enthusiasm, courage, and team spirit. I think he's setting a real good example for the rest of the AMG guys. We're not a bunch of wimps and we don't back down from any challenge.

Message edited by [SMOKE] - Tuesday, 2013-04-30, 5:41 AM

mrkelaDate: Tuesday, 2013-04-30, 10:33 AM | Message # 6
Noob
Quote ([SMOKE)
]But in all seriousness, I'd love to accept that challenge. I can get  [AMG][WAYNE]And for the other 3, it should be Reflex, Kv, and Sin I think:  [AMG][SMOKE](1:33.4x - 1:33.6x) (that's me baby! I'm ready!!!)
 [AMG][WAYNE](1:33.4x - 1:33.6x) (sucks at pits though!) = equaliser!
[AMG]Reflex (low to mid 1:33's) (hardcore dude, watch out MDT!)
[AMG]Sin (low 1:34's) (not too experienced @XFG yet, but great in pitstops!)
[AMG]Kv (high 1:33's) (solid all arounder capable of mid 33's)
Alternates: (the only reason some of these guys weren't in my top 5 is because they either haven't been with AMG as long as some other guys,  or they don't like to show up for demo races, or because they're not likely to want to participate, etc.)
[AMG]Cosmo (mid 1:34's, I don't know if he'd be willing to participate because he's modest concerning his skills. As much time as he's put into AMG demo servers and his level of participation there, I think he deserves a spot. (even if he doubts it) He's a great friend and well known and respected on demo, I'd be happy to have him.)
[AMG]Heavykick  (high 1:33's with occasional mid 33 - good candidate, he really should be in the top 5 as much as he races demo - he's equal to Kv in performance. I only put Kv in the top 5 over Heavykick because Kv's been with AMG longer).
[AMG]Osteri  (mid 1:34's I think, I can't remember. Average XFG performance, below average English hehehe)
[AMG]Turk Racer  (low to mid 1:33's if I remember correctly)
[AMG]Tur8o (don't know his avg times, never seen him drive before. Probably couldn't get him to race, he's EXTREMELY elusive - you NEVER see him on the track)
[AMG]BC (can't remember BigChopper's times.. low 34's maybe? Not as elusive as Tur8o, but rarely shows up on demo server. But there's allways a chance..)

I think Reflex is our best man, so if Sin can get him and I can get Wayne - that just leaves one spot and I know Kv  and Heavykick like to race XFG BL1 a lot. TurkRacer is fast, but I don't really know him, never spoke with him before and I don't see him much. So I don't know if I could track him down. Osteri is easy to find so he might fit the bill. I can gurantee Wayne's participation if it's a time when he's not working or sleeping.
We'd need to set a date and time.
Also, it would be cool if we could see a list of MDT guys that plan to participate and a rough estimation of their average laptimes so we could get an idea of how the teams will match up.

If we picked our 5 based on how often they drive XFG on Blackwood it would be:
Wayne,[SMOKE],Cosmo,Heavykick,Kv
This would be the 5 most likely to be found driving XFG BL1 regularly on AMG GTi

If we picked our 5 based on speed it would be:
Reflex,TurkRacer,[SMOKE],Wayne, ???
These are our fastest XFG guys in decending order. (not 100% sure about 5th fastest though - need verification on that one. Also, I don't know if Reflex is faster in XFG than TurkRacer, but I think I remember Reflex getting a 1:33.2x, might've been a slipstream though). If I got your avg time wrong - post a correction please. I don't claim 100% accuracy on the avg times - I'm just guessing for most of these guys, except for Wayne - I can vouch for the accuracy of his avg 1:33.4x - 1:33.6x. Also if you're an AMG guy reading this and your name isn't on the list: post a response with your avg XFG time for our consideration.
Added (2013-04-29, 9:07 PM)
Congrats Mrkela on your pb April 26th of 1:34.13. You would match up well with Sin or Cosmo. I hope you've got someone on MDT that can give me a challenge! (^_^)

Of course, I got faster drivers who drive 1:33 ... Do you accept the challenge?

ReflexDate: Tuesday, 2013-04-30, 12:56 PM | Message # 7
Amatuer
I would love to do this challenge but if its any time soon presently im unable to race due to  an ongoing back problem & at present unable to walk. Just missed the last round of the etcc league with a possible 40 pts down the pan, next round is next tues at fegold, a track i love but will most likely miss this too. I might do a test with a wingman controller i have but i know my times would be poo compared to the g27.

Team Member

[SMOKE]Date: Tuesday, 2013-04-30, 5:19 PM | Message # 8
Pro Racer
Mrkela: Yes, I accept the challenge. [AMG]Heavykick also accepts the challenge. Looks like Reflex is out on an injury. We hope for a speedy recovery and our thoughts go out to him and his family. Get well soon Reflex.
As for the rest of the AMG guys - we're still waiting for them to post a response here. Mrkela: could you provide a brief description of the 5 drivers you have assembled, and maybe suggest some times that your 5 could get together for the event. If we start to flesh out the details of what time it could take place then that will help get the ball rolling on this. So far it's only Heavykick and myself for AMG - so we'll need a few more days as we wait on a response from the rest of our team. Be sure to check back on this thread often as I will continue to promote the event and seek AMG entrees for you.

[AMG] [SMOKE]= ready to compete
[AMG]Heavykick = ready to compete
[AMG] [Wayne]= I'm still working on convincing him to enter (I think he will)
[AMG]Reflex = possible entry, has injury and prior obligation to the ETCC event
[AMG]BC = possible entry, has prior obligation to the ETCC event

And we haven't heard from any other AMG drivers yet: AMG drivers wanted

Message edited by [SMOKE] - Tuesday, 2013-04-30, 5:24 PM

SinDate: Wednesday, 2013-05-01, 0:04 AM | Message # 9
Alien Racer
Well if you want to do this in May i won't be able to take part as I'm off to Asia, I won't  be back until June... But don't you think a 10 lap race is a bit short, it'll be over in under 20 minutes - A race over 30 plus laps would be more entertaining in my opinion, but then I always liked the longer endurance races good

You would also need to set up a server - if you do the race when I'm away can you use MDT's server?

Team Member

[SMOKE]Date: Wednesday, 2013-05-01, 3:43 AM | Message # 10
Pro Racer
Hmm.. good points. Perhaps if MDT really wants to keep it just a short fun 10 lap thing, and you're leaving real soon... Maybe the solution would be to just hurry up and throw something together inpromptu within the next day or so. It wouldn't even have to be on a specially set up server - just the 10 guys go to prosports or whatever and tell other guys to not join until we're done and just go for it. If somebody joins and messes it up - we'll just deal with it I suppose. It doesn't have to be taken too seriously, it seems like the more official we try to make it - the more likely it is that it won't end up happening. Just a thought - but I'd like to hear what Mrkela thinks. Perhaps he can have a server set up for it or something.

Added (2013-05-01, 0:59 AM)
Oh and the endurance idea sounds cool to me too. I would just worry that it would make it harder to find all 10 guys who can meet at one time and stay on that long. But I guess that's still a problem even if it's just a 15 - 20 minute race...

Added (2013-05-01, 1:00 AM)
Oh and in case it helps to know: I'm available for any time or date. I will clear my schedule or stay up without sleep if need be.

Added (2013-05-01, 3:43 AM)
Ok, I got [AMG] [WAYNE]to agree to enter the competition! He's ready for battle! Also, [AMG]Cosmo is considering and he says TeoZ would be interested - but I don't know if TeoZ is an actual AMG member or just a limad. We got Wayne! Yeahhhhhh
So now the AMG team is:
SMOKE
Heavykick
Cosmo
WAYNE
???

1 more to go!

Message edited by [SMOKE] - Wednesday, 2013-05-01, 3:45 AM

SinDate: Wednesday, 2013-05-01, 9:17 AM | Message # 11
Alien Racer
TeoZ is a team member, I can put a password on the ProSport server so problem solved there - I can also add a pit window where you must pit within the laps specified, or just leave it where you can pit on any lap except the last one... I prefer the pit window as it adds more hussle to it smile

Team Member

[SMOKE]Date: Wednesday, 2013-05-01, 10:59 AM | Message # 12
Pro Racer
1) SMOKE
2) WAYNE
3) COSMO
4) TEOZ
5) HEAVYKICK

Let's get it on!

SinDate: Wednesday, 2013-05-01, 11:25 AM | Message # 13
Alien Racer
I leave for Asia early Saturday morning (UK time) - so if you want to do it before then let me know... If this isn't possible I would guess Storm would host it for you if you asked nicely wink

Team Member

[SMOKE]Date: Wednesday, 2013-05-01, 11:38 AM | Message # 14
Pro Racer
Hey Sin, can you do me a big favor?
I probably have all these guys' emails.. but there's like 200 LFS guys email adresses in my contact list and I can't figure out which one's are Cosmo, and TeoZ.
Now I know Wayne, Heavykick, and myself are in constant communication over this and we'll be prepared. However, I want to make sure Cosmo and his buddy TeoZ are kept up to date and ready - is there anyway you can email all 5 or something? If you don't have Cosmo or TeoZ's email then it's ok. I'm gonna keep checking the main page where it says if they are spectating, racing, or offline. And if I see Cosmo or TeoZ on the server I'll get in touch with them. I spoke to Cosmo yesterday about it and he said he and TeoZ can do it. But I need to confirm it with him, especially TeoZ since I haven't spoken with TeoZ yet. I know Cosmo reads the forum posts - so if you're reading this Cosmo - POST A RESPONSE lol.

Added (2013-05-01, 11:30 AM)
Sin - Wayne and I are on TS right now, can you come on?

Added (2013-05-01, 11:32 AM)
Wayne is usually good for his Sat. morning at 6am and on - which = my Fri night 4pm and on - not sure what that is in U.K. time.. but Cosmo and TeoZ and Heavykick have been known to race during this time frame..

Added (2013-05-01, 11:38 AM)
Sin: Cosmo, and me at around 4pm American time = around 8pm your time I think = 6am Wayne's time. Wayne's on TS right now and he can agree to this time as can I. Heavykick lives in Europe - so he'd be about 8pm your time along with TeoZ who also lives in Europe. So Cosmo and I would be racing at 4pm, Heavykick and TeoZ would be racing at 8pm with you watching at about 8pm, and Wayne would be racing at 6am.

SinDate: Wednesday, 2013-05-01, 11:54 AM | Message # 15
Alien Racer
I'm at work at the moment so I can't join TS sad

About the email addresses you may be able to send them pm's through this website, I'm sure they've registered here smile

Team Member

[SMOKE]Date: Wednesday, 2013-05-01, 1:52 PM | Message # 16
Pro Racer
Ok Sin,
no worries, work hard.
I'll look into the pm thing.

Added (2013-05-01, 1:27 PM)
I've been working with [AMG] [WAYNE]on pitstops, and it turns out his long gear set will burn the clutch after a stop when you try to accelerate again. I tried the set and can confirm this. However, the good news is that we discovered a technique to minimise the damage to the clutch and I taught him how to cool his clutch back down quickly so that it shouldn't be an issue come race time.

Added (2013-05-01, 1:48 PM)
I sent P.M.s out to a handfull of guys asking them to post here stating if they can participate or not (hopefully a few will come and post here and let us know). I couldn't PM TeoZ though because he doesn't have a registered account on the AMG forum.

Added (2013-05-01, 1:52 PM)
Okay - I heard back from [AMG]Cosmo. He says [AMG]TeoZ is definately interested and he gave me TeoZ's email. I'll try to get TeoZ to post here or at least get some more information for you guys.

TeoZDate: Wednesday, 2013-05-01, 7:14 PM | Message # 17
Noob
First of all...this is my first post so...hi all mates here in the forum! snap

I confirm my entry in the AMG vs MDT event.

I'll practice pitstops....  rah

SinDate: Wednesday, 2013-05-01, 9:14 PM | Message # 18
Alien Racer
Quote (TeoZ)
First of all...this is my first post so...hi all mates here in the forum!

Hi TeoZ, and welcome to the forum smile

Team Member

[SMOKE]Date: Wednesday, 2013-05-01, 9:20 PM | Message # 19
Pro Racer
Yay!!! TeoZ
hello

Added (2013-05-01, 9:20 PM)
Thanks for confirming your entry buddy - check back to this page often for updates on the event as they unfold.

mrkelaDate: Wednesday, 2013-05-01, 11:20 PM | Message # 20
Noob
ok friends, For us to be a race of 30 laps,it will be fun,I'm still assembling my drivers,

remark: MDT does not have its own server

30 laps + 1 pit

Message edited by mrkela - Wednesday, 2013-05-01, 11:22 PM

CosmoDate: Wednesday, 2013-05-01, 11:54 PM | Message # 21
Noob
Aww guys, there's no way that I can race for the whole 45 minutes on a Friday afternoon without interruptions...

Message edited by Cosmo - Wednesday, 2013-05-01, 11:57 PM

[SMOKE]Date: Thursday, 2013-05-02, 0:04 AM | Message # 22
Pro Racer
We'll need to schedule it for a weekend then maybe.. or else we'll need a replacement for Cosmo. Reflex said he might be able to fill in. Luthiano expressed an interest in competing as well as Big Chopper. And if it's before the weekend Sin might be able to compete. Let us know..

mrkelaDate: Thursday, 2013-05-02, 10:03 AM | Message # 23
Noob
so guys, my two drivers can drive only after 12.5. if you can after that date to make an appointment?

[SMOKE]Date: Thursday, 2013-05-02, 2:32 PM | Message # 24
Pro Racer
You mean the 12th of May (Sunday)? Or do you mean December 5th? I hope you mean May hehehe

B1gch0pperDate: Thursday, 2013-05-02, 4:41 PM | Message # 25
Alien Racer
Group: Moderators
Quote ([SMOKE)
]December 5th

lol the 12th of May matee, only crazy americans choose to write the date backwards! wink

Team Member

Forum » General » General Discussion » MDT vs AMG (race)
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024