Thursday, 2024-03-28, 9:54 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS

Welcome To The [A]uto [M]otive [G]odz Site & Forums

AMGMotorsports

To Pit, or Not to Pit, that is the question. - Forum

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: B1gch0pper, Ryan  
Forum » Server's » [AMG] GTi ProSport » To Pit, or Not to Pit, that is the question. (Discussion on pit stops for ProSport server)
To Pit, or Not to Pit, that is the question.
[SMOKE]Date: Monday, 2013-03-04, 10:35 PM | Message # 1
Pro Racer
Group: Team Member
Recently I posted on the main page's chat box concerning pit stops for ProSport. I got carried away with my posts and regret the tone that I used in a discussion with [AMG]Reflex. I worry that my posts could be missinterpreted, and I'd like to take the time to discuss the issue properly.
I apologise for blabbering on in the main chat box like that. The reason I over reacted was because Wayne is my best friend and I was concerned that a pit stop was about to be implemented on ProSport and I know that would be devastating to him. He and I see pit stops as an unnecessary chore that gets in the way of what could've been a new pb or at least a good lap where we're perfecting our driving. You have only so much time to play before you have to get back to your wives and your real life and every time you have to waste a lap to pull in and pit despite the fact your tires are okay and you've got enough fuel - is taking away from time to be out there getting in the zone and going for a new pb. Wayne uses a peculiar setup that he claims can't handle the pits without burning out his clutch thereby ruining the rest of his race. Now I'm skeptical and tend to believe it's more driver error than technical failure, but who am I to say? All I know is he can't race on pit stop servers happily. Based on what I've heard from Wayne I came to the conclusion that Wayne was granted permission from Sin to try out a specific formula on this server and that Wayne would pay for all the servers in return for this favor. Now I don't know if that's entirely true or not - only Sin can say for certain. However, if there is some truth to that then it would be unfair to see Wayne not be able to race on his own server so to speak. Not saying that it's Wayne's server, but figuratively speaking if he was told that it would be allright to decide the format for this one server and in exchange pay for all the servers - then it would only be fair that he has a say in it. But if pit stops were implemented then he'd have gone through this arrangement for nothing only to have a format he didn't feel was a good choice along with a server he can't race on. Now I may be WAY off on the terms of the arrangement - if so, I'll need to be corrected immediately to avoid any confusion or upset anyone. Wayne really wants this server to be cherished by the majority. If it turns out to be the case that the majority really does want a pit stop then I'm sure Wayne would say it's fine. Or if Sin really wants a pit stop then who is Wayne to argue? However, based on the way things turned out when it was the old 6 lap+Pit format, he tends to feel that a pit stop would scare off too many demo racers who don't want to be bothered with the extra chore. Now I'm kind of stuck in the middle here. On the one hand I agree 100% with everything Wayne is saying, on the other hand I personally don't have any issues with pit stops and can perform them fine if I had to. Allthough I don't like the fact that it's a wasted lap on the lap you pit, and a wasted lap on the lap you come out on top of lap 1 being a wasted lap. Which means if you don't pit on lap 1 on a 7 lap server - you'd only have 4 real laps to do your best, losing 3 to throwaway times. Whereas if you have no pit you get 6 strait laps to work on your skills and put forth a new pb. What could be worse than being on lap 5 and feeling like you're about to get a new pb only to be forced to pit and throw it away?
Now if pit stops are implemented it's not too big a deal for me as I can handle it no problem even though I think it would be a mistake. But as for Wayne, I'm not so sure he could cope with that and IF the arrangement is the way I described it earlier, then his opinions should at least hold some weight. If the arrangement is that Wayne has no creative control over the format whatsoever then he has no say. My problem is that I'm not 100% sure about the agreement Wayne and Sin discussed. Either way I'm happy and fine and will continue enjoying and promoting AMG as I've allways done. But I just felt that I needed to protect my friend and look out for his interests at the time of the chat box post. Even though I now regret saying anything in there because it made me look very rude and obnoxious. And it allmost looks as though I've got an issue with Reflex in particular, which bothers me because I really don't. I like Reflex and the truth is it wouldn't have mattered who was posting about wanting to see a pit stop added - I would've reacted the same way at the time no matter who was on the other end of it. Please forgive my imprudent behavior earlier today in the chat box. I hope this thread can clear things up in the appropriate way. Thanks

SinDate: Wednesday, 2013-03-06, 12:00 PM | Message # 2
Alien Racer
Group: Administrators
Well explained post Smoke, don't worry about having an opinion we all have them - this is the reason we have a forum so we can discuss stuff like this, and I'm sure Reflex never took offence to anything you said ( he's far too chilled out wink ).

I don't particularly like to type too much to explain stuff - I would prefer to do my talking on TS, but in this case I shall try to explain in the best way I can... So here goes lol

Wayne asked me if we could put up another server dedicated to demo races, but it was to be longer races and to also add a PB limit. Emails between myself and Wayne went back and forth for a few days, then we both met up on TS and we discussed the best way to go about setting it up - last year the GTi Motorsport server was covered by donations from four people, without this financial help it was looking like it was going to be shut down - so thanks again to Wayne, Smoke, Cosmo and Sandman. Anyway I covered the S2 servers and as a few of us were enjoying racing with many people on the demo I decided to put up another demo server dedicated to racing with a longer lap count and a pit stop (similar format to our S2 servers)... Sadly not many people used it so I tinkered about with it and made it similar to our other demo server to give people another race server to use. When we entered ETCC Reflex asked me if we could have one of the servers set up for practice, of course I said yes and used the backup demo server as it was the least used. Anyway Wayne offered to buy another server if I'd set it up, the ETCC league was coming to an end and I didn't want to see Wayne spend money on something that wasn't required... He did offer to cover the cost of the demo servers, but they don't need to be renewed till around October - to sum up I set the Prosport server up as Wayne had requested, I'm more than happy to try and make it work for the demo guys as they always support and help me.

I'm sure if Wayne comes onto the forum he'll back me up on this - anyway I hope this clears up any misunderstandings good

Sin

Team Member

[SMOKE]Date: Wednesday, 2013-03-06, 1:07 PM | Message # 3
Pro Racer
Thanks for clearing it up for me buddy - sounds good. You rock!

kvDate: Friday, 2013-03-08, 8:45 AM | Message # 4
Pro Racer
race on new server are great

pb limit keep crasher away good

Added (2013-03-08, 8:45 AM)
---------------------------------------------
pit and wind +minimum 15-20 lap make more realistic, but I know, these settings make server verry unpopular ..

Team Member

Message edited by kv - Friday, 2013-03-08, 8:47 AM

SinDate: Friday, 2013-03-08, 8:39 PM | Message # 5
Alien Racer
Quote (kv)
race on new server are great

pb limit keep crasher away

I'm glad you like it mate, I've even enjoyed racing on there myself the last couple of nights good

Quote (kv)
pit and wind +minimum 15-20 lap make more realistic, but I know, these settings make server verry unpopular ..

Yes, you would probably be racing on there all alone happy

Quote (|SMOKE|)
You rock!

I can't deny this tongue

Team Member

SteveDate: Friday, 2013-03-15, 0:18 AM | Message # 6
Intermediate
Reflex is chilled out cause of his age, he can't push the ticker you see. Just like Sin!
tongue happy

Team Member

ReflexDate: Friday, 2013-03-15, 2:35 PM | Message # 7
Amatuer
HaHa Steve there might be some truth in what you say, but us old boys are in shape & lift weights (unlike some who wear it Steve tongue )

Would you like me or Kev to write to your girlfriend/warden explaining that men from Scotland are hard core warrior type real men & should not be denied a hobby like LFS to see if we can get you back on the track happy  but seriously Steve we miss you..

Team Member

SinDate: Friday, 2013-03-15, 2:54 PM | Message # 8
Alien Racer
Hahahahhaaaa, everything Les just said from me also applause

Wierdly we do miss you Steve tongue

Team Member

SteveDate: Sunday, 2013-03-17, 9:27 PM | Message # 9
Intermediate
Pair of English buzzards!!!

ahahahhahahahahah

In 10 years time, when your not strong enough anymore to kick my arse. I'm gona come and bitch slap you Les! tongue

nah im joking, i knew i was going get slaughtered soon as i sent the comment. made me laugh though. aye i miss you two too, i will be on ts tonight as im a free man. i put my foot down... which didnt work cry but got me a free night smile

so win win really!

So hope to get the crackin later with you "old timers" hahahahah

ps Kev, stop being the bullys friend and standing behind him saying "yeah what he said"... ya coward! sad tongue smile

Team Member

SinDate: Sunday, 2013-03-17, 11:41 PM | Message # 10
Alien Racer
Quote (Steve)
ps Kev, stop being the bullys friend and standing behind him saying "yeah what he said"... ya coward!

I hate to double type, I'm a bit upset Les got in before me tbh tongue

Team Member

SteveDate: Sunday, 2013-03-17, 11:43 PM | Message # 11
Intermediate
hahahahhahahahha touche

Team Member

Forum » Server's » [AMG] GTi ProSport » To Pit, or Not to Pit, that is the question. (Discussion on pit stops for ProSport server)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024