Thursday, 2024-04-18, 10:44 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS

Welcome To The [A]uto [M]otive [G]odz Site & Forums

AMGMotorsports

[AMG] 6 laps + pit (now GTi AutoSport) - Forum

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: B1gch0pper, Ryan  
Forum » Server's » [AMG] GTi MotorSport » [AMG] 6 laps + pit (now GTi AutoSport) (Any impressions of this server should be posted here)
[AMG] 6 laps + pit (now GTi AutoSport)
[SMOKE]Date: Wednesday, 2012-12-19, 10:25 PM | Message # 1
Pro Racer
Group: Team Member
Hey guys, the 6 lapper has been around for awhile now and I was wondering if you guys consider it a success? I notice that most of the time it's pretty dead - and I had a thought. You know how there's allways people begging for an [AMG] demo server with a pb restriction? Well we all know how Sin feels about that idea and we all agree that it just ends up being an empty server - or at least it was the last time he tried that. But [AMG] has grown tremendously in popularity and I wonder if perhaps it might work this time. I would never suggest altering the traditional 5 lap demo server - but if the 6 lap server isn't booming - then perhaps we could try the format there without any risk. Now as far as what limit to make: 34, 35, 36,37 - I'm not sure, but a 5 lap no pit 1:36.00 limit server sounds safe. I know it didn't work in the past - but I think it may be that the time is ripe for it now, and if it doesn't at least do better than the 6 lap + pit format - then it can simply go back to that, but I doubt anything could be as dead as the 6lapperpit server - that thing is 6 ft under most of the time. There are many [AMG] demo drivers who I would imagine would make a 5 lap 1:36.00 [AMG] demo server their first choice and I bet it would be full at all times.. I don't presume to know what I'm talking about nor suggest that there are probs w the current servers - but it's just that the 6 lapper doesn't appear to be too popular at the moment. Please respond with your thoughts.

Added (2012-12-19, 10:25 PM)
---------------------------------------------
And yes, I know that it's important to remember that many sim racers who are only starting out now will eventually get better and that they should be nourished rather than discouraged. However, there are allready 2 demo servers to choose from: 1 that is tolerant and welcomes any racer and uses 5 laps with no pit. And another that is equally tolerant and welcomes any racer but uses 6 laps and a pit. Now it appears that they're basically the same except that one is popular and one is not. Meanwhile there are those unlike myself who have difficulty coping with new, unskilled drivers or crashers - and they're allways begging for a pb limit server. What I'm suggesting is to provide the community with what it wants (pb limit server fashioned after the most popular [AMG] 5 lap demo server), merely replacing the 6 lap + pit format that isn't popular anyways - while at the same time continuing to honor our commitment to provide the best demo server that prides itself on acceptance (the classic 5 lap server).
I think what we'd end up with is 2 servers that are allmost allways full - 1 with great racers that appreciate the format they've allways dreamed of, the other with new comers as well as great racers who continue to enjoy a formula that they've allways been comfortable with.
It would look something like this:
![AMG] 1:36 limit = 12/12 "host is full try again later"
![AMG] GTi Motorsports = 12/12 "host is full try again later"
And no matter which server you managed to join - there'd be good drivers and great action - but the 1:36 one might be extremely popular amongst the serious [AMG] demo drivers.

rather than the current:
![AMG] 6 laps + Pit = 0/12
![AMG] GTi Motorsports = 12/12 "host is full try again later"

just a thought

Message edited by [SMOKE] - Wednesday, 2012-12-19, 10:57 PM

SinDate: Thursday, 2012-12-20, 1:46 AM | Message # 2
Alien Racer
Group: Administrators
I'll tell you what.... I'll give it another go - Watch this space - or the server list wink

Team Member

SinDate: Thursday, 2012-12-20, 3:09 AM | Message # 3
Alien Racer
Ok after about an hour or so of tinkering this is what I've come up with:

The server is called [AMG] GTi ProSport it runs 5 lap races with no pit stop, I'm not a big fan of PB or Ex limits so after some thought I've made it a "No Midrace Join" for now... This will at least give a chance to those that want to race seriously. It also runs a reverse grid just to spice things up a bit, we shall just have to see how it goes.

Team Member

[SMOKE]Date: Thursday, 2012-12-20, 3:38 AM | Message # 4
Pro Racer
Heeheehee - this ought to be interesting. I'm sure a lot of guys are gonna be excited when they see the pb limit server! I hope it works out - but if it doesn't then at least you can allways say you gave it a good shot. I think it'll be safe though considering there's nobody really using the 6 lapper anyways - it can't be worse than it allready is. Not that there's anything wrong with the pit server - I enjoy it and all - but I guess it's more important to find a formula that the majority enjoys. We'll see how it goes. I'm gonna email Wayne right now - he'll be so excited because he never got the hang of the pit stops and yet the 5 lapper was often times too full to join - so he'd have no place to go at times. I hope it's not too much work to alter the 6 lapper into the pb limit but hopefully it'll turn out to be a huge success and bring joy to the community - and there's allways the tried and true server for those still working on their skills and they can allways look at not being able to join the pb limit one as an incentive to work on their driving but they'll still have the great regular demo server to enjoy while they work at it. Sounds cool buddy! I'm excited.

Added (2012-12-20, 3:22 AM)
Just refreshed the page and read your last post - darn no pb limit - not gonna be as exciting a change, but still gonna be popular I think - no more having 1 full demo server and 1 empty or nearly empty demo server - Now it should be 2 popular servers because everybody loves the classic one and the new one will basically have the same loveable qualities and for those who complain about crashers and stuff it'll actually have even more popularity. Sounds cool buddy - Never again will people feel frustrated for not being able to join an [AMG] demo server that has the formula they're looking for. Yay!

Added (2012-12-20, 3:38 AM)
Not sure everyone will enjoy the reversegrid - some guys will be like "Oh man! I got 1st place and now I gotta start all the way in the back! Waahhh boo-hoo!" But for guys like me that won't be a problem. I can think of 2 good things about reversegrid
1) The crashers will start out in front so they won't be running into the back of people in T1 - they'll be up front, then they'll mess up, then the better drivers will safely pass them.
2) It will help to handicap the guys who are too fast and help give the slower dudes like Cosmo a fair chance at winnning for a change. It'll make for closer races where the guys who win all the time anyways will have to use their passing skills to earn it - and the guys who never got to win before now have a fighting chance.

Message edited by [SMOKE] - Thursday, 2012-12-20, 3:25 AM

SinDate: Thursday, 2012-12-20, 8:29 PM | Message # 5
Alien Racer
Quote (|SMOKE|)
not gonna be as exciting a change

It's no different to a PB limit really as people who are serious about racing will wait, and if there new to LFS at least they'll get a chance to prove themselves without having to go to another server to achieve a fast enough time. I did think about this long and hard and i just don't want to alienate decent people from having the chance to race in a good environment - I guess time will tell, I'm already thinking it's not going to be any different to my last endeavour to give the LFS demo community something different... I'll give it a while then change it to what I was going to do, unless it gets busy of course good

Team Member

RacerXDate: Friday, 2012-12-21, 1:08 AM | Message # 6
Noob
Well, a rather harsh opinion, but for imcompetent people (Like me) reverse grid would be a fighting chance definetly, however, i would point out to announce specific days where the grid would be like a normal one as the 5 and 6+pit ones, in case that those two were full, so it would be an interesing event, of course, happening every now and then, then with anticipation announce days where people with certain pb (1:33.xx for example) would be, becauser there's alot of people who also gets those times, and it would be fair to let them pair with other ones with those every now and then, not being an everyday thing, but rather be a special event where it lasts certain hours (3 hours for example) or just a single day.-

The announcement would be probably: "Date or specific day" people with 1:33.xx as pb will be welcomed to the server for x time, people with 1:34.xx will also be welcome, grid won't be reverse that day.

Alright, i understand that the servers ARE MEANT TO GIVE EVERYONE A GOOD TIME AND TO LET EVERYONE BE FREE AND RACE AS MUCH AS THEY WANT, however, special events could be dropped in for a short, and on ocassional times, wether an anniversary celebration or something like that, and i know that nobody will agree, but i still tought to voice my opinion, none taken :D.

P.d: The server's cool!, people is really coming to race some at it! :D, kepp it going Sin!, soon it will filled with people! wink

Random racer: My car is losing grip, My internet is lagging alot, and my computer is freezing like crazy!

Friend: Well, maybe there's a [AMG] member behind you! :D

Message edited by Krieger776 - Friday, 2012-12-21, 1:10 AM

SinDate: Friday, 2012-12-21, 9:52 PM | Message # 7
Alien Racer
(Krieger776)
i know that nobody will agree, but i still tought to voice my opinion

I listen to all ideas, I like input from others as sometimes my brain gets tired trying to think of new things that I haven't tried already...

(Krieger776)
reverse grid would be a fighting chance definetly

It seems like many like the extra chance to win if there a bit slow, and the people who are fast are having cars to pass which makes for exciting racing - It seems to be going well as the ProSport server has been full for a few hours now.

One thing I have changed is to allow people with 1 chance to join the track during a race, I feel it needed to be done as the server was not getting much love - but now it's getting some use good

Team Member

[SMOKE]Date: Saturday, 2012-12-22, 4:15 AM | Message # 8
Pro Racer
Nice to alter it to 1 midrace join. I saw too many guys getting impatient and leaving when they found out they'd have to wait until the race was over before they could do anything. I feel bad for making suggestions to you about the server in the first place - I know it's not really my place to speak about things like that, but I just worried that the 6 lap pit server wasn't catching on. I hope this one does - but without the pb limit to set it apart from the classic Gti Motorsport server that eveyone naturally wants to join as their first choice - I have my doubts. If both demo servers are allmost the same format then people will just go where they're used to going. So they need to be distinct from each other - each with it's own individual flavor. The pit idea wasn't popular, and the pb limit isn't an option, and no midrace join just makes people want to leave and go to another server where they can just play right away rather than having to sit around doing nothing and waiting for the race to finish. So the only other thing I can think of that may draw a crowd by being distinct while at the same time not scaring guys off with pits or waiting is BF1 [AMG] demo server. Please don't take this as me expecting you to just go ahead and change it again - I feel bad enough that you had to work so hard to alter the original 6 lap pit server just because I was bothering you about it's popularity - I feel bad enough as it is for seeing you have to read all this crap that incedentally makes it sound like I'm finding faults or expecting to have authority over the server format - I really don't mean for it to ever come across that way. This is just me thinking out loud and I don't want to overstep my boundaries. Thank you very much for the hard work you've done/

Added (2012-12-22, 4:15 AM)
Of course I've only driven the BF1 like 3 times and I'd suck - but the idea of an [AMG] BF1 MotorSports server is kinda cool in a way.. I can see everyone from crashers, amateurs, average, advanced, and pro drivers looking at [AMG] BF1 MotorSports in the server list and thinking to themselves.. "This ought to be fun - let's see how I do." It could be the new craze and really catch on.. I mean I'm just sitting here wondering how I'd do in a BF1 against: Wayne, TwinCam,Camel, Storm, Rene, Marcelo, and so many others - I really have no idea what to expect because I've never seen any of the [AMG] regulars in a BF1 before and what would Trismo do in a BF1 for that matter? It could end up being a damn exciting thing indeed... And nobody could say that it was too similar to the classic [AMG] GTi Motorsports server - it would be so disctinct that it definately wouldn't be the 2nd choice when the other server is full - it would be a 1st choice for those looking for some spice! It could really catch on and be amazing I think. I would love to kick Wayne's butt in the BF1 hehehe - And the [AMG] GTR guys like Sin, Reflex, Chopper etc would probably come on and dominate because they're used to using faster cars and having to learn new cars quickly and all that - It could breathe alot of life into [AMG] LFS I think. It should still be 5 laps/ midrace join allowed, no pits and all the typical stuff that the classic GTi Motorsports server has because we've learned that is the most sought after formula. But aww maaan... to learn the BF1 in an [AMG] environment with all the regular [AMG] dudes showing up.. I know I'd be there 24/7 - I'm getting aroused just thinking about it! [AMG] BF1 = Sexy

Message edited by [SMOKE] - Saturday, 2012-12-22, 4:39 AM

SinDate: Saturday, 2012-12-22, 5:23 PM | Message # 9
Alien Racer
I did try a BF1 server some time ago - it flopped, no one was using it at all... I even tried to do it with a track and car rotation including BL2 but this done nothing as well. I was on the ProSport server about 3 hours last night and the feedback I was getting was all good, it's definitely getting more LFS pro racers joining in - only allowing 1 join per race and having the reverse grid makes it different from the GTi MotorSport server... There's really not much else that can be done as the content within the Demo is limited, I think if we were to do a BF1 server I would need to purchase another server as there all getting used at the moment.

(|SMOKE|)
I really don't mean for it to ever come across that way.

It's cool man - it doesn't come across that way at all

Team Member

[SMOKE]Date: Saturday, 2012-12-22, 9:43 PM | Message # 10
Pro Racer
Okay buddy - sounds good! (My wife says "Hi Sin.")

RacerXDate: Sunday, 2012-12-23, 6:39 AM | Message # 11
Noob
Not sure if it was or not [Sin] over there, but saw the limad 4 thing when typing !pl specifically, beforehand, i say and congratulate to the success of the server's popularity as i see alot of people there as it happens to be, amazingly just some days running with these changes and already gathering public over there! wink

Additionally, popular faces are beggining to pop there as well, as a meaning to the good sucess rate, We (Smoke, Wayne and i specifically) know them, of course not assuring that we know everything, so don't take it wrong, but because we are regulars in there as well, with all of this, i can say that it was VERY worth the ideas that got dropped in :), of course not being too different than just having 1 join on the race at all as said.-

Congratulations Sin, keep it up mate! wink

Ray Krieger Salorzano is very amused

Random racer: My car is losing grip, My internet is lagging alot, and my computer is freezing like crazy!

SinDate: Sunday, 2012-12-23, 11:40 AM | Message # 12
Alien Racer
Hi Ray, yes that was me with limad 4 status - I was tinkering with the custom grid line up and quietly monitoring the server.

Thanks for the feedback good

Team Member

RacerXDate: Wednesday, 2012-12-26, 8:21 PM | Message # 13
Noob
I want to state that i accidentally banned someone, thanks to the mouse slipping out of place, i will get a new mouse soon!

Sorry for this sin, didn't meant to.

Banned LFS Username: Zwaen
In-Game name: Zwaen (With green letters)

Please unban him, i was meaning to ban another guy who was crashing on the server, really sorry, won't happen again.

Smoke will really kill me for this X,D, ah well, bye bye to my limad status i guess... heh, why humans have to commit accidents? darn!

Message edited by Krieger776 - Wednesday, 2012-12-26, 8:36 PM

SinDate: Thursday, 2012-12-27, 11:27 AM | Message # 14
Alien Racer
It's ok mate accidents happen, I've removed the ban now so no harm done... thanks for letting me know.

(Krieger776)
bye bye to my limad status i guess...

No

Team Member

Forum » Server's » [AMG] GTi MotorSport » [AMG] 6 laps + pit (now GTi AutoSport) (Any impressions of this server should be posted here)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024