rFactor 2 - Page 2 - Forum

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: B1gch0pper  
Forum » rFactor 2 » General Discussion » rFactor 2
rFactor 2
ReflexDate: Monday, 2012-02-27, 2:29 PM | Message # 26
Amatuer
Group: Team Member
Kev's overheating is probably down to his case not being able to breath in & out properly, maybe a fan round the wrong way, case not big enough, blocked vents, close to a heater ect.

@ Hiromi you may be able to run it with everything in graphics options turned down or off, it really depends on your laptops video chipset.

Team Member

SinDate: Monday, 2012-02-27, 4:37 PM | Message # 27
Alien Racer
Group: Administrators
Quote (Reflex)
Kev's overheating is probably down to his case not being able to breath in & out properly, maybe a fan round the wrong way, case not big enough, blocked vents, close to a heater ect.

I'm hoping that when i get my new gfx card and arctic cooler this week i'll be good to go - i think the problem was that after i pushed rFactor2 to the max it just made the weakest parts of my system deteriorate real fast ... my PC is 5 years old now so its definitely time for a bit of an upgrade wink

Team Member

ReflexDate: Monday, 2012-02-27, 5:14 PM | Message # 28
Amatuer
hopefully it wont be too long before your back on the track m8 smile
Me, Chop, krfm, did a night race at mills few nights ago it, was just amazing smile

Team Member

SinDate: Thursday, 2012-03-01, 5:34 PM | Message # 29
Alien Racer
Quote (SingleEnginePilot)
I bought it, but it won't run on my current pc

It's time for a new i5 anyway.. I can't edit HD video on my current pc either. Maybe in a few weeks I'll pick a good gaming pc up.

Sorry mate I missed your post - I know what you mean about PC specs Tur8o's PC is also lacking in power and he can't run rF2 ... if you look in THIS THREAD you will see i've been having problems as well , but i've bit the bullet and got my wallet out - upgraded PC here tomorrow good

Hope you get an upgrade soon biggrin

Team Member

kvDate: Thursday, 2012-03-01, 6:13 PM | Message # 30
Pro Racer
is it possible to build a PC around 500 € for run rf2 in maximum settings?

Team Member

SingleEnginePilotDate: Thursday, 2012-03-01, 10:18 PM | Message # 31
Rookie
Group: Users
Got my new Core i5 3.2ghz, with 8 gb of memory. Just waiting on my Radeon HD6670 with 1 gb DDR5 memory to come tomorrow, then I should finally be able to join you 'Big boys'.. biggrin

SinDate: Friday, 2012-03-02, 1:06 AM | Message # 32
Alien Racer
Got my new Core i5 3.2ghz, with 8 gb of memory. Just waiting on my Radeon HD6670 with 1 gb DDR5 memory to come tomorrow, then I should finally be able to join you 'Big boys'..

Nice 1 mate - if you haven't got it already i will just say that you really need windows7 64bit to get the best out of rF2 , it'll be good to see you there good

Quote (kv)

tbh Vic i really doubt that you could run it on max settings for 500 € , unless of course you can source some decent second-hand components - these are the recommended specs :

CPU: 3.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or 3.0 GHz AMD Athlon II x2 or better
Memory: 4 GB+
Video Card: nVidia 250 GTS or ATI/AMD 4870 or better
Video Memory: 512MB+
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista 64bit, Windows 7 64bit
Storage: 4 GB+

I had this gfx card along with an Intel quad core 2.40ghz processer , Windows 7 64bit plus 4 Gb of ram and it ran really nice ... i was getting on average about 80 fps - but it was only maxed out on a couple of things everything else was set to medium . when i get my PC back i'll let you know the difference ... atm its cost me about £335 to upgrade - thats for windows7 64bit , nVidia GTX560ti gfx card plus the arctic cooling for my processer ... i also have to upgrade my power supply to run the new card and fans but i'm hoping this isn't going to cost me anything as the one i just bought is going to be taken out and replaced wink

Team Member

B1gch0pperDate: Friday, 2012-03-02, 4:00 PM | Message # 33
Alien Racer
Group: Moderators
Cant wait for you to get your monster back Kev, its gonna be a BEAST!! wink

Quote (kv)

Back in November I brought an Intel i5 2500K quad-core @3.4GHz, 1333MHz FSB Dual PCI-E motherboard and 8Gb RAM (2x 4Gb) brand new all in a package from eBay for £290 (which is about 350 Euros?). Its the best deal I could find for the 2500K I wanted.
Would leave you about 150 Euros for a video card...
That base is certainly a very strong system and very overclockable for the future...

Team Member

SinDate: Friday, 2012-03-02, 7:42 PM | Message # 34
Alien Racer
Quote (B1gch0pper)
Quote (kv)

Back in November I brought an Intel i5 2500K quad-core @3.4GHz, 1333MHz FSB Dual PCI-E motherboard and 8Gb RAM (2x 4Gb) brand new all in a package from eBay for £290 (which is about 350 Euros?). Its the best deal I could find for the 2500K I wanted.
Would leave you about 150 Euros for a video card...
That base is certainly a very strong system and very overclockable for the future...

I agree with what Chop has said , but .... this wouldn't run it on max settings as you asked in your post - but it would certainly get you up and running , and above all it would be playable biggrin

Quote (B1gch0pper)
Cant wait for you to get your monster back Kev, its gonna be a BEAST!!

The BEAST has arrived and ....

OMG it's amazing !!!!! everything on max including anisotropic filtering , shadows and sun oclussion - i have also set anti-aliasing to level 1 atm and it still gives me over 40 fps in a pack of 10 cars LOL ... i will be testing other things with it later tonight good

A classic case of out with the old nocomp

And in with the new wine

Team Member

kvDate: Friday, 2012-03-02, 8:16 PM | Message # 35
Pro Racer
thanks the infos guys!

i will calculate ,what can i afford, and everything other things (g27,..etc)
and hope soon i can join to rf2 AMG team good

i want run rf2 with max, cos i think new mods need stonger PC than the 'basic rF2', so hopefully i can build a PC for the big challenge biggrin

Team Member

Message edited by kv - Friday, 2012-03-02, 8:54 PM

SinDate: Saturday, 2012-03-03, 0:04 AM | Message # 36
Alien Racer
Good luck Vic , it'll be great to see you on track good

Team Member

SingleEnginePilotDate: Wednesday, 2012-03-07, 4:36 PM | Message # 37
Rookie
OMG, Now that I got my new GPU and have dialed in the graphics settings and gotten a few setups, I"m REALLY enjoying rF2!!!

I have only been online a few times because it's overwhelmingly different than LFS (how it works, what is displayed, rules etc....) so I've been hotlapping offline.

AI is amazing! Physics are amazing. Special effects are amazing. The only problem I can see is that in order to get an amazing 'emersion' experience, you really need to spend a lot of money on a really good graphics card. I'm almost maxed out on everthing, but my frame rate is between 30 and 40. Of course I only spent $100 on a graphics card.

That Megane car is a hand full.

Does anyone know how to display the tire info in the upper left corner of screen? Or is that a plugin?

I installed the 'Real head movement plugin' which is really good.

Being a beta, there just isn't good information about keyboard commands etc..

Message edited by SingleEnginePilot - Wednesday, 2012-03-07, 4:36 PM

kvDate: Wednesday, 2012-03-07, 7:58 PM | Message # 38
Pro Racer
i read a lot of about low fps. and some ppl say cos its a beta version. it will be better when graphics will optimised...

but i think its not true, cos mods will be more fps hungry

dont realy know the right answer, but a stong graphics card always a good point! good
but dont know which is the best buy atm
we will see it later!

!!!!a graphics card benchmarking list would be helpful for me especially for rf2!!!

Team Member

Message edited by kv - Wednesday, 2012-03-07, 8:00 PM

SinDate: Thursday, 2012-03-08, 0:12 AM | Message # 39
Alien Racer
I'm now running my GTX560Ti maxed out on everything and i'm getting between 50 - 80 FPS , it runs really smooth ... i'm hoping that when it's finished i'll get a few more frames , but even if i don't i'll still be happy .

Does anyone know how to display the tire info in the upper left corner of screen? Or is that a plugin?

Use the TrackMapPlugin listed HERE it gives all the information you will need good

Team Member

kvDate: Thursday, 2012-03-08, 10:09 AM | Message # 40
Pro Racer
which brand of 560ti yours Sin?
1 Gb or 2 Gb?
Msi, Asus, Zotac..etc?

Here a Zotac or Leadtec brand GTX560Ti with 1 GB is around 160€
Asus around 200€

A MSI 560ti with 2 GB! start 260€

Team Member

Message edited by kv - Thursday, 2012-03-08, 10:44 AM

SingleEnginePilotDate: Thursday, 2012-03-08, 4:25 PM | Message # 41
Rookie
Quote (Sin)
Use the TrackMapPlugin

Hmm, I tried installing that but rF2 won't start with it installed. I'll have to work on it. I'm sure I'll get it working, thanks!!

Quote (Sin)
I'm now running my GTX560Ti

NICCEEE!! I think I'll start saving some money and get one of those. biggrin

When I got my new system the other day, I went on LFS and did some hotlaps and within a few laps, I broke my PB and got a 1:40.66 so it seems that having the extra horsepower definately helps drive smoother.

I did notice right away that the brakes and steering seemed more responsive!!

kvDate: Thursday, 2012-03-08, 4:34 PM | Message # 42
Pro Racer
I broke my PB and got a 1:40.66

good

Team Member

SingleEnginePilotDate: Thursday, 2012-03-08, 6:46 PM | Message # 43
Rookie
Ok, I got TrackMap mod working. Here's a tip for anyone that may have trouble with mods in rF2:

When using the launcher, the rF2 just wouldn't start. No error or anything. I figured out that if you go to rF2 folder and run rFactor.exe that way, the application still doesn't launch, but at least it tells you why. I found that d3dx9_40.dll was not installed. So, I updated my DirectX install, then it worked. biggrin

I didn't realize how much functionality was included with TrackMap!! wow. I thought it was just the map part. biggrin

SinDate: Friday, 2012-03-09, 9:14 PM | Message # 44
Alien Racer
Ok, I got TrackMap mod working.

I'm glad you got TrackMap working mate - I have the same problem , it just won't start the game ... but everyone else tells me on TS how good it is , I will have to have a look at updating DirectX . Gratz on the PB also good

Quote (kv)
which brand of 560ti yours Sin?

It's the Asus 1Gb - it looks a beast and it is a beast wink

Team Member

TrevDate: Sunday, 2012-03-11, 3:08 PM | Message # 45
Rookie
Hi All, what is this all about then, AMG rf2 server !!!! Missed you all and the racing, lots have happened, change of job & family things etc etc; the racing is still in the blood. So rf2 is good, well i've downloaded and set up and lots to learn, when are you going to be on ts, and how can I get on the AMG server. Maybe an email sent to all members letting them know might generate some renewed interest. surprised smile

SinDate: Monday, 2012-03-12, 0:17 AM | Message # 46
Alien Racer
Hi Trev , good to hear from you mate - the rF2 AMG server is named in the server list so it should be easy to find ... we're normally on TS in the evenings as normal but it has been busy at the moment (well for me anyway)

Hope to talk to you soon good

Team Member

TrevDate: Monday, 2012-03-12, 4:41 AM | Message # 47
Rookie
Hi Kev, yep its good to be in touch again. Yep I can see the server ok but can't seem to get on it. Will be working latish Monday & Tuesday but will check TS regular. Anything I can do to help? I am going to try some skinning in rf2. By the comments posted it seems that you like rf2, initial thoughts are good, not had much time to check it out fully as i downloaded saturday and went to work sat and sun. Given up on teaching and now drive coaches for National Express up to London and back.

Talk to you soon happy

SinDate: Monday, 2012-03-12, 3:55 PM | Message # 48
Alien Racer
We're currently running some mods on the server so you will need the files listed in THIS THREAD - I will definitely be on Tuesday night at some point , not too sure about tonight though ... if you see me in any other channel in TS other than the AFK channel then I'm about lol wink

Team Member

kvDate: Monday, 2012-03-12, 6:11 PM | Message # 49
Pro Racer
Quote (Trev)
now drive coaches

good
sounds good!
like it?

i just got my driving license with B+C+D+E categorie last week biggrin

I just need a Driver Qualification Card (Driver CPC), i will do it for truck+bus too.
in April will my exam.

rock n roll!! wink

and there are some Bus mod for rFactor smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6_-zh1WexY

Team Member

Message edited by kv - Monday, 2012-03-12, 8:45 PM

SinDate: Tuesday, 2012-03-13, 4:56 PM | Message # 50
Alien Racer
Quote (kv)
Bus mod for rFactor

hahahaa awesome happy