Friday, 2024-03-29, 1:05 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS

Welcome To The [A]uto [M]otive [G]odz Site & Forums

AMGMotorsports

Triple monitor's - Forum

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: B1gch0pper, Ryan  
Forum » Live For Speed » Technical Help » Triple monitor's (Setting up guide)
Triple monitor's
B1gch0pperDate: Friday, 2011-04-29, 2:03 AM | Message # 1
Alien Racer
Group: Moderators
If you want to set up triple monitors here is what you will need... (as per request in shoutbox)

First of all you will need x2 graphics cards (you will need 3x VGA or DVI outputs to run 3x monitors, usually there is x2 on each card), I have 2x PCI-E slots on my motherboard, it was actually made for SLI so I was a bit luckier there (easy to set up). I have 2x 512mb 8800 GT's, but as far as I know you dont need x2 cards the same to run triple screens, only if you want to run SLI, you cannot run SLI and triple screens at the same time, its one or the other.

So, even if you have one PCI-E decent card, and one PCI not so decent card, it will still work, as all the actual graphics processing is done by one card, your main card, the second one is just used as a bus to get the signal out to the other monitor(s).

You will obviously also need 3x monitors, I have all the same which is aesthetically pleasing and again, also easy to set up with the same screen resolution etc, but again it is not necessary, any three monitors of different shapes and sizes will do.
Just remember how big 3x monitors are side by side, my 3x 22"'s are HUGE and take up a LOT of room, if you are thinking of getting big monitors be sure you have the room for them, and the graphics processing power to cope, as my LFS took a massive hit frame rate wise, I lost around 50fps going from 1x 1680x1050 to 3x 1680x1050 on full settings (from around 95-100fps to 45-50fps).

Once everything is installed and connected up, your can use the Windows Screen Settings (right click desktop, properties, settings tab) to set up your screens positions and resolutions etc, just click the 'extend my windows desktop onto this monitor', then drag and drop to arrange them how you want them.

Lastly you will need a nifty little program called Software Triple Head, or SoftTH. What this does is fool the game into thinking its being run from only one graphics card, as, although windows supports as many monitors as you can plug in, games don't, they like to be run from only one video card. There are many different versions of SoftTH, and I have many different racing games and they all use different versions, so it may take a while to set up if you have many racers, but for LFS I use version 1.09b, just surf around the site for different versions and look in the forums for any answers you need. If you run Vista or W7 I think you may need a version higher then 2.0, to support DX10, but im shady on that as I use XP for racing still.

[AMG] Steve told me most of what I know and the SoftTH website forums told me the rest, so if ive given bum information here or made a mistake, im sure he will be quick to put us right
wink
If you stuck though just holla on here and I (we?) will try to help as much as poss.

If anybody goes for it, good luck, you will not regret it

Team Member

b2rDate: Friday, 2011-04-29, 3:46 AM | Message # 2
Noob
Group: Users
thanx for the info. will eventually be building a cockpit. got to move first , need more room!

Message edited by b2r - Friday, 2011-04-29, 3:49 AM

SinDate: Friday, 2011-04-29, 2:15 PM | Message # 3
Alien Racer
Group: Administrators
I've made this a sticky thread as many people are interested in a triple monitor set-up (myself included) ... thanks very much for all the info .

good

Team Member

B1gch0pperDate: Friday, 2011-04-29, 6:29 PM | Message # 4
Alien Racer
No probs at all fellas, glad to help, any questions fire away smile

Team Member

B1gch0pperDate: Monday, 2011-05-16, 7:40 PM | Message # 5
Alien Racer
If anyone is interested in getting 3x cheap screens, these are the monitors I bought from Ebay...

22" Monitors from eBay £70 each

The seller must have had a new shipment and has relisted them.

The listing states the monitors are £70 each with £10 postage each (3x £80 = £240)
When I got mine I sent the guy a message asking him if he would sell me 3x monitors for £200 all in including postage and he accepted! So I got them for around £65 each including postage!
You are not going to get much better/cheaper than that im sure!
Fill ya boots!

Team Member

kvDate: Monday, 2011-10-31, 12:15 PM | Message # 6
Pro Racer
Group: Team Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lOK1JAQA2c
look at this smile
last week i saw this in real.

after i will finish my Bus and Trailer categorie , than i need a qualification for a EU driving license too.
And there will be a 2 hour simulator biggrin
this is a realy pro machine. its good for training extreme situation too.

Team Member

Message edited by kv - Monday, 2011-10-31, 12:16 PM

SinDate: Monday, 2011-10-31, 1:21 PM | Message # 7
Alien Racer
Pretty awesome bit of kit there , somehow i don't think it will fit in Chop's cellar

bash happy bash

Team Member

kvDate: Saturday, 2012-03-31, 7:42 AM | Message # 8
Pro Racer
Group: Team Member
just one word can i say: WOW!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq6xXj0OGSU&feature=related
wacko

Team Member

Message edited by kv - Saturday, 2012-03-31, 7:45 AM

SinDate: Saturday, 2012-03-31, 4:24 PM | Message # 9
Alien Racer
Holy crap that is one hell of a setup good

Team Member

Forum » Live For Speed » Technical Help » Triple monitor's (Setting up guide)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024