Thursday, 2024-03-28, 2:17 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS

Welcome To The [A]uto [M]otive [G]odz Site & Forums

AMGMotorsports

Which is more difficult to learn? car or track? - Forum

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: B1gch0pper, Ryan  
Forum » Live For Speed » Technical Help » Which is more difficult to learn? car or track?
Which is more difficult to learn? car or track?
rageshgrDate: Monday, 2011-10-17, 6:03 PM | Message # 1
Intermediate
Group: Users
Hi guys,

Which do you think is difficult to learn? a new car on a familiar track or a new track using a familiar car? You are free to separate it as learn and master smile

SinDate: Tuesday, 2011-10-18, 1:18 AM | Message # 2
Alien Racer
Group: Administrators
Personally for me i find learning a new track the most tricky as finding the correct brake points is hard for the first 100 laps or so , unless of course i'm using the RAC then i might as well not bother as i can't use that car on any track happy

Team Member

rageshgrDate: Tuesday, 2011-10-18, 2:11 AM | Message # 3
Intermediate
Cool Sin!, I too think the same way, because I drove RB4 almost for the first time today at AS3 and within 20 laps I could get to 2% of WR, that surprised me. RAC man! what a car! after 200 khp, there is no steering it is like a bullet train, and it is modelled on a real car, OMG! it is undrivable atleast for me

Message edited by rageshgr - Tuesday, 2011-10-18, 2:11 AM

[SMOKE]Date: Tuesday, 2011-10-18, 3:10 AM | Message # 4
Pro Racer
Group: Team Member
Mastering a new track is easier for me than mastering a new car. I can pick up and play with a car easily, but to master it's balance takes longer for me than to master a new track. Not saying that mastering a new track is easy, but some cars just don't speak to me.

rageshgrDate: Tuesday, 2011-10-18, 1:00 PM | Message # 5
Intermediate
I think you have a point there. After reading your post I am thinking I was able to easily drive RB4 because it may be similar to FXR given 4WD and all and not just because it was AS3.

But that again brings me to a point. Probably RB4 was easy for me at AS3 because I am used to AS3 setups. When you learn a new car on a old track, only the car changes. But I think when you learn an old car on new track, both car and track is new. I am sayin this because, even if it is old car, the set is different. For example. I have refined and tuned by control settings to suit FXR at AS3. But when I take my car to Fern bay club wit FE1 setup, I need to relearn(little bit) the car dynamics and retweak my control settings. So I think learning a new track introduces more variables than learning a new car. As a matter of fact, I can't drive any car on KY3 even if my life depended on it, even the FXR which I thought I knew it like the back of my hand.

I think it is an interesting combination of your perspective and my perspective.

Message edited by rageshgr - Tuesday, 2011-10-18, 1:09 PM

SinDate: Tuesday, 2011-10-18, 5:11 PM | Message # 6
Alien Racer
Group: Administrators
I guess to sum this up it all depends on the type of driver you are , and also how good your memory is for learning a new track quickly ... like i said in my previous post - for me learning the track is harder ie: hitting apex's , getting brake points spot on and also working out gear selection for all the corners as this differs greatly from car to car .

I guess as long as we're all human then we'll all have different strengths and weaknesses wink

Team Member

rageshgrDate: Tuesday, 2011-10-18, 5:17 PM | Message # 7
Intermediate
ya! well said and summed up Sin smile

Forum » Live For Speed » Technical Help » Which is more difficult to learn? car or track?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024