Thursday, 2024-03-28, 1:55 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS

Welcome To The [A]uto [M]otive [G]odz Site & Forums

AMGMotorsports

How do I setup for intake restrictions? - Forum

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: B1gch0pper, Ryan  
Forum » Live For Speed » Technical Help » How do I setup for intake restrictions?
How do I setup for intake restrictions?
rageshgrDate: Wednesday, 2011-11-09, 5:51 AM | Message # 1
Intermediate
Group: Users
Hi,

How do I make/optimize setups for restrictions? That is, say, I have a good set that I am very comfortable with for the FXR, how do I modify it for FX3? Is there a thumb rule/principles that I can apply, or should I start from scratch? What are the parameters that require tweaking? One thing I have learnt is, I need to make the gears closer and shorter to use with the lesser powered engine. (OR am I wrong? ). Anything else that I need to do?

Message edited by rageshgr - Wednesday, 2011-11-09, 5:58 AM

SinDate: Wednesday, 2011-11-09, 7:55 PM | Message # 2
Alien Racer
Group: Administrators
Not having raced GT3 i can't really comment , but when i've made a set for GT2 (FX2@AS7r) i look at a comparable set for say AS3r/4r/5r and then look at what has changed between GT1 and GT2 - this is only possible if you have the 2 types of sets already for both GT1 and GT2 ... after doing that its then down to putting in the track time to test and adjust to suit your driving style .

Also racing with Kb you may find you will need a different type of set up opposed to someone using a wheel .

Team Member

rageshgrDate: Wednesday, 2011-11-09, 8:04 PM | Message # 3
Intermediate
Group: Users
Thanks Sin, ya my question was not specifically to GT3, It could be applicable to GT2 as well. I have a GT3 set with me, but I was reluctant to compare because the GT1 and GT3 sets are made by different persons and they may have different preferences. The best suited set for me was when I took a AS4 FXR set and put in the gear rations I found in a as5 GT3 set. I have not met any FXR kb players (although I have met two very fast FZR kb players), so all sets I have is wheel sets and I have kind of got used to it smile

Message edited by rageshgr - Wednesday, 2011-11-09, 8:05 PM

Forum » Live For Speed » Technical Help » How do I setup for intake restrictions?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024