Saturday, 2024-04-20, 1:04 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS

Welcome To The [A]uto [M]otive [G]odz Site & Forums

AMGMotorsports

AMG GTI videos - Page 2 - Forum

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: B1gch0pper, Ryan  
Forum » Media » Video's » AMG GTI videos (Show us what you can do!)
AMG GTI videos
rageshgrDate: Wednesday, 2012-12-26, 8:17 PM | Message # 26
Intermediate
Group: Users
Wow! Although the draft from the XRG in the straighst might have helped him, still what a pass after the straight, and considering he was involved in a passing manoeuvre and still got 32.77, hats off!

[SMOKE]Date: Wednesday, 2012-12-26, 8:33 PM | Message # 27
Pro Racer
Group: Team Member
Just got an email back from Pascal concerning his 1:32.59:
I'm so sorry but I dont't have that replay any more. :-(
When there came those updates end of November I had to reinstall LFS and forgot to save all my replays. :-(

But maybe sofke saved this replay, too. In LFS world it says he finished behind me so probably it was him who let me pass to make that time. Ask him. ;-)

So if anyone has the replay - please email it to me: oldstarscream@yahoo.com

RacerXDate: Sunday, 2012-12-30, 7:59 AM | Message # 28
Noob
Don't have it, but i still loved your videos, Storm made some of them too, that even featured SW Marcelo on one, will also make an AMG video eventually (Maybe tomorrow) don't take it bad, it's that i always liked to make... videos!

Well, watched them, incluiding Trismo's, loved it until the end, hope is to be seen still :D, and Pascal being a Terminator maybe.. biggrin

Well, luck with the self-imposed goal you made friend, you will need it, take care.

Random racer: My car is losing grip, My internet is lagging alot, and my computer is freezing like crazy!

Friend: Well, maybe there's a [AMG] member behind you! :D

Message edited by RacerX - Sunday, 2012-12-30, 7:59 AM

[SMOKE]Date: Sunday, 2012-12-30, 8:43 AM | Message # 29
Pro Racer
Heeheehee, Now that's what I like to see! Not only encouraging kind words reguarding my LFS film efforts - but also somebody else showing an interest in producing a few of their own. I can't wait to see yours Ray. Looking forward to it - it's a lot of fun! And there are so few of us that make [AMG] videos these days. Thanks buddy!

RacerXDate: Thursday, 2013-01-03, 6:34 AM | Message # 30
Noob
I haven't seen so much activity either way, maybe i missed stuff while i'm away on Need For Speed World, Now i need some help Smoke, I have your e-mail here so i know that it's you, i need some programs to make videos as Windows 7 don't come with them at all, perhaps maybe sending one? or replying here with a name perhaps? i'm really struggling with this alot.-

As for the clips, i mostly got Wayne and Smoke on them as me racing them, so it would be mostly about yo two and some other racers that happened to be there.-

While i also bothered enough with the times respectively (Note: It's learning what i would define here) one would already got tired of that, but you taught me things that helped me, that i got a better PB when doing a hotlap, i'm sending it to your yahoo! mail, as it dosen't allow those type of files to be uploaded here for download.

Thank's buddy, things are cool here, and it really went well here for New Year hehe, well, i'll keep track of your channel too to see pascal's tribute here, take care.

Random racer: My car is losing grip, My internet is lagging alot, and my computer is freezing like crazy!

[SMOKE]Date: Friday, 2013-01-04, 0:50 AM | Message # 31
Pro Racer
The way I do my videos is: I use Fraps 3.4.7 build 13808 - The fraps version I got was from the piratebay http://thepiratebay.se/torrent....808[A4]
This is the full version. Now there's a free version you can try directly from the Fraps site but it will have a watermark on the finished video and who wants that? Fortunately the link I provide from piratebay will be the full paid for version with no watermark, and it won't cost you a thing. Just be carefull which torrents you download as some torrents aren't safe - but this one is. Anyways, after you've installed Fraps: go to Fraps movies tab and set video capture settings at full-size and check 30fps which looks smooth on youtube videos, if I check the 60 fps option it drops to like 36fps anyways (usually). Also in the Movies tab of Fraps - I check record Win7 sound, stereo, hide mouse. Then in LFS/Options/Screen - I have the display changed to 16bit instead of 32bit and it works out fine. If I leave it in 32bit then the framerate when recording is awful - the 16bit is a fix for that. I still have AA and stuff on high. Depends on the performance of your pc. Just don't forget to change it back to 32bit when you're done movie making and want to race again because 16bit is kinda ugly. But to use Fraps: simply have it running, configure what hotkey you want to set as "record" I use the number 0 as it's not used in LFS that I know of.. Then with Fraps running, open LFS and open a replay and you'll see yellow numbers in the corner of the screen showing your current frame rate - this is a Fraps feature but don't worry - it won't show on the captured video. Now play the replay as you would want it to show on your movie, choose a view. Now press your record hotkey you set in Fraps, you'll notice the yellow FPS indication turns red - this means it's recording. When you're done recording press the record hotkey again and the FPS indication should go back to yellow meaning it's not recording anymore. You can record the same lap from different views and then edit them together later, for instance: record the whole lap in cockpit view. Then make another recording of that lap in an outside view or a custom view using LFS' shift+U feature. Then later in Windows Movie Maker you can edit them together in any way you want, and if edited properly it will be seemless. Just play around with Windows movie maker to see what you can do. And if you want something fancy you'll want to record the race in many different views so you'll have plenty of material later to choose from when putting it all together. Just be carefull that you don't stock pile too many recordings or you could run out of hard drive space as they are big in their raw form. After you've got too many just delete the old one's. A good tip is to check how much hard drive space you have every so often. Now all Fraps is doing is recording what you tell it to, and then making it into .avi files that it will place in a folder you choose in Fraps settings. Now these .avi files could be uploaded to youtube as-is, however, they'll be big and also you'll probably want to add music and crop and edit the videos and all that stuff.. Fraps can't do all that - so what you'll need is a simple and effective video editing program. For that, I use Windows movie maker 6.0 which doesn't come standard with Windows 7 - Windows 7 uses Windows Live movie maker and doesn't have an option for HD processing - so I had to go and download WMM 6.0 -Here's the link to get windows movie maker 6.0: http://movies.blainesville.com/2010....on.html
I also have Sony Vegas Pro, but Windows Movie Maker 6.0 is MUCH quicker and easier to use - it allows me to make the kind of videos I want without any trouble and process them in 1920 x 1080 but without all the complexity and headaches of Sony Vegas hehe. After I open Windows Movie Maker 6.0 - I just drag the clips (long races may get split into 2 parts) into the WMM 6.0 program, then I drag them down to the timeline area, then I add a title animation, right click on clips to add fade in and fade out if I want, click import audio to add music if I want - there's also an option for recording my commentary over the video if I want, and lastly you can VERY easily peice clips together or shorten them or cut them up or whatever with WMM6.0 compaired to other programs.. When you're happy with the results - go to "File" at the top left, then to "publish to this computer", then select the quality as HD 1920x1080 - and you're all done - takes a few minutes - then when it's finished - it will be an .avi file on your computer that you just upload to youtube.
As far as the missing Pascal replay, I have hired a man named Indiana Jones to track down it's whereabouts. They say he's an expert in retrieving rare, lost antiquities. With any luck.. he'll get the holy Pascal replay before the Nazi's do...

Added (2013-01-04, 0:50 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Here's an example of LFS movie making: Ya know that 1:33.84 replay you just sent me? I made it into a video in about 5 minutes and had it processed and uploaded about 25 minutes later. Since it was a pb hotlap with no other racers on the track, I decided to use a simple formula that I think is good for pb's. 1st show the car from the outside with names on as the car approaches the start line - this allows the viewers to see who it is driving, the see the car and more importantly, the see the name. 2nd show the cockpit view for the whole entire lap, this allows the viewers to see it from the perspective they're familiar with when they drive and they can see that there's no cheating because there are no cuts - it's uninterrupted. 3rd show the entire lap from the overhead view with the racing line on, this allows the viewers who wish to study your line and learn from it to see exactly how it's done. 4th, open Windows Movie Maker 6.0 and drag and drop the 2 .avi files into the timeline. 5th, Add a title at the beginning explaining to the viewers what they are about to see. 6th cut off any extra recording bits you don't need that were before the action or after the action. 7th, add a nice little photo or end credits at the end. 8th, look at how long the film is and find a song that's the same length if you can. All done! Of course this is just an explanation of what I do when making a typical [AMG] [SMOKE] video - but when you make videos - you don't have to use my formulas, feel free to experiment and be sure to enjoy the process buddy! Let me know how it goes (^_^)
Here's the link to the video I just made of your hotlap:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VyVhCc-GGM&feature=youtu.be
It's nothing special, like I said I made it in about 5 minutes, but if you have enough time you can make these much better.

Message edited by [SMOKE] - Thursday, 2013-01-03, 10:25 PM

RacerXDate: Friday, 2013-01-04, 5:01 AM | Message # 32
Noob
Thank's for the tips Smoke, i have made a video right now,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=793FaoU7ogM

Well, that's all, thank you for the programs, i really needed them buddy, have a good day!

[SMOKE]Date: Friday, 2013-01-04, 5:13 AM | Message # 33
Pro Racer
Hey great work buddy! I subscribed to your channel.

RacerXDate: Friday, 2013-01-04, 5:22 AM | Message # 34
Noob
Well, hope you get the Pascal video soon as i said mate, well, good luck, thank's for the suscribe and comment, appreciate it alot! smile

Message edited by RacerX - Friday, 2013-01-04, 5:26 AM

SinDate: Friday, 2013-01-04, 10:40 AM | Message # 35
Alien Racer
Group: Administrators
(RacerX)
i have made a video right now

Great first time effort there, and some nice camera angles good

Team Member

RacerXDate: Wednesday, 2013-01-09, 6:44 PM | Message # 36
Noob
Billie Jean... because i'm number one... WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULXsb0UiIKI

(Figure out why i even said that wink )

SinDate: Wednesday, 2013-01-09, 8:55 PM | Message # 37
Alien Racer
Very good mate - I would liked to have been able to hear some engine and tire noise but apart from that very good biggrin

Team Member

RacerXDate: Saturday, 2013-01-12, 6:04 AM | Message # 38
Noob
Well... hehe, alright, enough, last link that i put on this thread, and then i make my own, i give room to Smoke for his videos now :), thank's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7Y4Plza6xc

Is more of announcement of what most people calls it "Overtaking" or "Passing" alright.

[SMOKE]Date: Saturday, 2013-01-12, 3:08 PM | Message # 39
Pro Racer
Hey buddy - nice videos. I don't mind if you post yours here, but if you wanna make a Racer X videos thread then that's fine as well. I probably won't make another video for a few months, I haven't even been on LFS in a week. I'll just be lucky if I can find the time for it this weekend. But you seem to be cranking out videos pretty regularly and I think that's awesome, I love watching them.

Added (2013-01-12, 3:08 PM)
Actually, if one of the moderator's can change the thread's description for me from "All cars parrallel parked by [SMOKE]" to just "All [AMG] GTi videos go here" or something like that I'd appreciate it. When I made this thread I didn't think anyone else would ever be making AMG GTI videos so I didn't put enough thought into it. But I would like it to just be the AMG GTI videos thread for everyone so that all the AMG GTI videos go into one neat little place instead of there being multiple threads all over. They shouldn't have given me the rights to make my own threads back in the day - see what I've done! Heeheehee (^_^)

SinDate: Saturday, 2013-01-12, 6:46 PM | Message # 40
Alien Racer
Quote (|SMOKE|)
if one of the moderator's can change the thread's description for me

Sorted good

Team Member

[SMOKE]Date: Tuesday, 2013-04-30, 9:05 PM | Message # 41
Pro Racer
Yay! Nice and tidy now, thanks buddy! (^_^)

Added (2013-04-30, 9:05 PM)
My latest video is my new pb I got today!
http://www.youtube.com/user/oldstarscream

SinDate: Tuesday, 2013-04-30, 11:54 PM | Message # 42
Alien Racer
Quote ([SMOKE)
new pb I got today!

Congrats on the new PB mate applause

Team Member

[SMOKE]Date: Wednesday, 2013-05-01, 0:03 AM | Message # 43
Pro Racer
(^_^) Thanks buddy! I've been driving SOO much better the last few days, it feels amazing!

CosmoDate: Friday, 2013-05-03, 1:51 PM | Message # 44
Noob
Group: Users
Hmm, there is no way I will be there on a Saturday, except perhaps early mornings or evenings.

Sundays would be probably ok, still, early morning or late afternoon would be best.

Or, go find another sucker. smile

EDIT:whoops this was clearly posted in the wrong section, I really deserve that noob tag.

Sorry for hijacking this tread.

Message edited by Cosmo - Saturday, 2013-05-04, 4:44 PM

[SMOKE]Date: Monday, 2013-07-15, 7:30 PM | Message # 45
Pro Racer
Well early Sat May 18 might be good if you say you can be there early - but how early are we talking here? Because 6am May 18 for you = 11pm May 18 for Wayne - and that would be perfect for everyone because it would = 2:30pm May 18 for TeoZ, Heavykick, Big Chopper, and MDT team.
Come up with a little chart showing what time it would be for everyone based on what times you can race - remember to add 3 hrs for me, 8 hrs for Europeans, and 17 hrs for Wayne. We'll work something out - remember I'm not in charge of this stuff, I welcome everyone's suggestions. But post it on the MDT vs AMG thread buddy - Ok, I have an appointment I need to get to this morning so I'll be AFK for a few hrs. Cya later

Added (2013-05-04, 3:25 PM)
Another new pb for me:

http://www.youtube.com/user/oldstarscream

Added (2013-07-12, 4:34 AM)
I got a new pb!

Added (2013-07-15, 7:18 PM)

Added (2013-07-15, 7:20 PM)
I learned something new! Now I don't have to place links - I can just embed the video, Yay!

Added (2013-07-15, 7:29 PM)

Added (2013-07-15, 7:30 PM)
(^_^)

Message edited by [SMOKE] - Monday, 2013-07-15, 7:32 PM

SinDate: Tuesday, 2013-07-16, 5:33 PM | Message # 46
Alien Racer
Very nice applause

Team Member

[SMOKE]Date: Monday, 2013-09-16, 5:45 PM | Message # 47
Pro Racer
Wayne's latest pb:

Added (2013-09-16, 5:45 PM)

SinDate: Monday, 2013-09-23, 0:00 AM | Message # 48
Alien Racer
Awesome times chaps good

Team Member

[SMOKE]Date: Sunday, 2014-03-09, 4:52 PM | Message # 49
Pro Racer
Thank you sir, we'll keep working at it. I hope to be in the 1:33.2x within a few weeks.

Added (2013-10-04, 6:32 AM)
Well, I've done it!

Added (2014-03-09, 4:52 PM)

SinDate: Wednesday, 2014-03-12, 8:42 PM | Message # 50
Alien Racer
Fantastic last lap mate smile

I loved the music, it's cheesier than actual cheese lol

Team Member

Forum » Media » Video's » AMG GTI videos (Show us what you can do!)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024