Welcome Guest | RSS

Welcome To The [A]uto [M]otive [G]odz Site & Forums

AMGMotorsports

AMG GTI videos - Forum

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum moderator: B1gch0pper, Ryan  
Forum » Media » Video's » AMG GTI videos (Show us what you can do!)
AMG GTI videos
[SMOKE]Date: Tuesday, 2011-07-19, 3:29 AM | Message # 1
Pro Racer
Group: Team Member
CLICK FOR MOVIE

In honor of the parallel parking trend I started at AMG GTI, this video showcases all cars in LFS being parallel parked the Blackwood way. (P.S. - I can't upload my video as a file since there is a 500kb limit, and my movie is about 600MB. Also I have no idea how to embed my video link. What else could go wrong? And before you say: "What's so special about parallel parking like that"? You should know it's not as easy as I make it look. Try it yourself and you will see. However, if you have the skills to do it - Upload your video or replay here.

Message edited by [SMOKE] - Tuesday, 2011-07-19, 3:52 AM

SinDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-19, 8:03 PM | Message # 2
Alien Racer
Group: Administrators
hahaha good one m8 , i liked the end bit with the XFG falling into the camera good

Team Member

[SMOKE]Date: Friday, 2011-08-05, 1:15 AM | Message # 3
Pro Racer
I've got this idea for a video in my head.. and I just can't believe how awesome it would look, but I have no idea how I'm going to get some of the shots. When I do.. I'll post it here.

Added (2011-07-28, 6:58 Am)
---------------------------------------------
You know what sucks? The bit with the car falling into the screen was longer and had it landing on the lense and shattering the screen effect - but it got lost in the post-processing somehow... cry

Added (2011-08-05, 0:56 Am)
Here's a pb walkthrough I made with commentary.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac79pp_i1MA&feature=channel_video_title

Added (2011-08-05, 1:15 Am)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac79pp_i1MA

SinDate: Friday, 2011-08-05, 1:04 PM | Message # 4
Alien Racer
Thats really cool [SMOKE] , a nice insight into how to race fairly good

Team Member

B1gch0pperDate: Friday, 2011-08-05, 3:12 PM | Message # 5
Alien Racer
Group: Moderators
Yeah interesting video Smokee
Not so sure I agree with you 100% about the 'letting people pass' bit tho... and the messages saying 'safe to pass' lol wow
Im thinking whats the point in racing if you are not willing to go neck and neck? Handle to handle? Sounds like you would be more suited to hotlapping or qualification runs...
I do understand about the racing with friends and not wanting to take each other off, thats a huge issue and very important, but if you know the guys you are racing with and know what they can/cant do then surely you can both go round a corner together without hitting each other?
Ive lost count of the amount of unbelievable races ive had with the guys in the GTR server, many many many times ive been round a WHOLE lap or even several laps neck and neck with Kev or any of the regular guys, the ONLY corner i would back off for and let the other guy infront (if he was already slightly infront) is the AS3 chicane, as its almost (but not completely) impossible 2 get two cars through there side by side...
You mention in the video you would rather let the guy go so you can take a good line and dont mess up your lap times too much? To me the place means much much more than a poxy lap time that means nothing, I would much rather win a race, or keep the place, or at least do well in a race by actually driving hard, and earning that place, by clean, fair and fast driving, not by people giving it to me just because they wanted fast lap times...
Im not trying to tell you how to race, or how to drive your car, thats your perogative and up to you fella, all im trying to say is it seems a little weird to me to just give up a place because you want to be nice, when you could defend the corner fairly keep the place, maybe lose a couple of tenths over the lap, and have a much more satisfying race knowing you won or did well by racing hard but clean.
Defending corners and staying in front when you know you have a faster car behind you is hugely satisfying, and a big part of my race enjoyment, going bumper to bumper, door handle to door handle, maybe a little light rubbing and paint exchanging is great fun and always has me smiling too, but would I would only race that hard and close with someone I can trust who I know inside out and I know will give me the room I require to make the corner, as i would give them...

Team Member

[SMOKE]Date: Friday, 2011-08-05, 7:20 PM | Message # 6
Pro Racer
Yeah, I can race close with guys - as seen in the video. Neither PectoRis or I contact each other even though we were bumper to bumper alot. And that XRG "noob", you saw how close I was on him - I did accidently touch him just barely, not enough to hurt though. But what I mean by letting people pass safely is: simply lefting off the gas just enough for them to get by in situations where they are allready comitted to the pass. If it's a choice between letting them get by or running them off the road. Also - it's very important for most guys that you never, ever touch them at all - because doing so lowers their !rt safety rating. But yeah - close races are great and I push as hard as I can except in situations where letting off the gas will prevent an accident - then I would rather prevent the accident than selfishly try to win. Also - 1st place victory isn't important to me because there's no reward for it - I allready have the highest !rk at AMG GTI - more points than anyone else. But good lap times are important to me because I'm still a beginner and my pb is only 1:33.60 - so I'm allways working on my pb - which is what this video shows. Basically, I go out and do the best I can to be the best I can, but also be the safest I can. There are too few guys like that I think - You don't have to sacrifice safety and manners to be faster than the rest. Also, if you did choose to make them earn the pass when you know they're gonna run out of room and fly off the track, it just creates frustration on the server - and as an admin I want everyone to feel safe when they are driving near me and be able to trust that I have good manners and won't run them off the road like a douche. I'm not sure if you've seen the Disney pixar movie CARS, but remember that green car Chick Hicks? I don't want to be that kind of guy - causing collisions - racing with a heavy foot - inconsiderate of others. "There's alot more to racing than just winning".

Message edited by [SMOKE] - Friday, 2011-08-05, 7:26 PM

B1gch0pperDate: Friday, 2011-08-05, 10:24 PM | Message # 7
Alien Racer
Group: Moderators
Quote (|SMOKE|)
"There's alot more to racing than just winning"

Agreed matee, its how you race that counts, but the whole point of it, the reason why we are here, the reason why we get on the start grid, is to win, or at least finish as high up as you possibly can, otherwise like i said before you might as well just hotlap if your not bothered about racing...
Quoting your video going down the main straight, you were on the inside, it looked like you were defending the corner, your mate was forced to the outside, where a racer would want the attempting to overtake car, but then you backed off? let him round and took up a position behind him. It just seems really weird to me to do that, if I was in that position i would have stayed side by side, moved as far left as I could for the right hander at the bottom, probably around the middle of the track, maybe slightly more left, leaving him enough room to brake and turn in, brake as late as possible but 100% (and i cant state that enough) make sure i hit the apex, this is the fair way to race, leave the guy well enough room to attempt to go round the outside, and as i exit the corner i would also stay on my side of the track (the right side) so as to leave the guy room to exit. That would be safe, fair, and very exciting to me. If the guy is good, and can make it stick, he will be behind exiting the corner but will have a better exit speed and so can take the draft and make the pass still. Thats racing!
If you wanted to give him the place safely (if you had a blue flag or he was just much faster through draft or whatever) then I would have stuck to the outside down main straight and let him have the inside, then at turn in to corner cut in behind him and take apex as normal...

To me the way to race unsafely and unsportsmanlike is to not give the other car room, to use the whole track even though there is someone next to you, also using the other car as a barrier to help you get round corners (i.e. not taking the apex), and also to give someone a rear end shunt in the braking zone to push them off the apex (although this can be very fun too it also depends who you are racing, like I have mentioned I love a bit of rubbing and little bumps, it makes the racing so intense, but there is a fine line between a little rub to let them know you are close and faster if not as fast, to actually hitting someone and making them lose control).

Like I say mate, im not trying to change the way you drive, I think you are a sterling gentleman to race the way you do, I respect that. I just wanted to make a point from my perspective of racing which is obviously slightly different to yours, I don't really care too much about safety ratings or race lap times, I trade all that in for a good old fashioned decent race. Some of the best most intense races I have had finish with mine an opponents best lap in the 1:42's, but the replay shows we have had a ding dong battle all the way and every corner was literally side by side, one inside one outside, its the best/only way to race in my book!

Team Member

IcemanDate: Saturday, 2011-08-06, 11:13 PM | Message # 8
Uber Racer
sad Lee...u forgot to mention me wink

joke tongue but i completely agree with what u said about racing

I'm more than happy to finish a race in a first place & having alot fun with guys like Chop, just finishing a few tens before the second. We had so many races where we only did 1.42's on AS3 and lost a lot time, but that were the races which are the most fun. Racing is about the fight between two guys and their cars. For me it doesn't even matter if ur fast or not, as long as u can keep up with my draft or by my mistakes and u battle fair i don't have a problem with that.

@topic:
Can't watch the videos since i live in "good" old Germany angry

Team Member

SinDate: Sunday, 2011-08-07, 1:25 AM | Message # 9
Alien Racer
I think maybe you guys both have good arguments , but i see it from both sides ... Smoke races many Demo guys with little to no race experience , i see what he does with them as a kind of tuition if you like - to be honest i can't get near these guys on the demo anymore , its a different skill that i seem to have lost (and there being nice to me lol) ... but being safe is just as important if not more so on the demo server as the SR is set to a higher standard (which i have mentioned on TS before by the way) .

I also understand where Chop is coming from saying about how theres nothing better than having a paint trading session with a like minded racer (as long as it doesn't end in tears) , i enjoy this also (as you all know hotlapping and PB's ain't really my thing - i just love to race) ... but this is where we're all different and thus all have something to share with others , I'm pleased to race with you guys (demo or S2) its never dull , boring or melodic and always fair which makes the racing fun - win or lose .

My two cents

wink

Team Member

[SMOKE]Date: Sunday, 2011-08-07, 3:37 PM | Message # 10
Pro Racer
Hey Iceman, you said that your government wouldn't allow you to watch the video - but I think you may have been trying to watch the one at the very top of the thread in the 1st post. That one has a moby song in it called "Extreme Ways", which I think your country won't allow you to hear. But the video that is currently under discussion is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac79pp_i1MA and has no music in it, so I would think that your country would allow you to see that one. Unless they are so strict that you're not allowed to watch anything on youtube, I'm not sure. If that's the case - remind me never to move to Germany.

rageshgrDate: Thursday, 2011-10-06, 1:29 AM | Message # 11
Intermediate
Group: Users
Hey [SMOKE] great video, but one thing I am wondering about is, if it was ur PB, then how come it was not announced on the chat area like "Server PB" or "LFSW PB" etc by the sim/LFS?. Was it because yOu were equaling you pre-existing PB? smile

[SMOKE]Date: Tuesday, 2011-10-11, 4:41 AM | Message # 12
Pro Racer
Hey buddy, sorry it took so long to reply. I haven't been here in awhile. I'm not an official AMG team member yet - I'm only a limad on AMG GTI demo server and am not well known outside of AMG GTI demo server. Also I only started racing about 11 months ago and mid 33's isn't big news to any of these guys who race at AMG GTR and have been around alot longer. But don't worry - if you want news of me you can ask most of the regulars at AMG GTI. (By the way - now my pb is 1:33.50 Yay)! Perhaps I'll make a new video of it and post it here. Thanks for the cool insight B.Chopper, & Iceman. Thanks Sin for your kind words as allways. Best reguards. [SMOKE]

rageshgrDate: Tuesday, 2011-10-11, 10:57 AM | Message # 13
Intermediate
Hey still its cool! Mid 33's is great! AFAIK you are faster than Sin (XFG@BL1 :). What I was wondering is why the sever/airio did not alert of ur PB in that video. Generally server throws mesage like "LFSW - New Pb by [SMOKE] - 1:33.xx (-0.yy)" etc

Message edited by rageshgr - Tuesday, 2011-10-11, 11:09 AM

[SMOKE]Date: Tuesday, 2011-10-11, 8:55 PM | Message # 14
Pro Racer
Oh okay.. Now I get what you're saying. You're talking about the message on the top left that should be displayed in the chat area. Sorry I didn't understand your question at first. The reason that you couldn't see it is because of the way I made the video. In the actual real-time race, it was displayed. Then I saved the replay after the race ended with "2". Then a few days later when I had time to make a video, I started fraps - then ran the replay from LFS's replay options. Then I began recording with fraps from the replay. The thing about playing a replay compaired to the real-time race is that when you're outside of the airio server and just in replay mode which isn't using airio or even the internet - it doesn't display any airio stuff. Replays also don't display the sector 3 time in the chat area - which is a bummer for me because I had a 26.37 S3 one time that was even faster than the current XFG WR S3 - It gave me a theoretical best of 1:33.11 which I was very proud of. But then later that night there was a message somewhere here about airio having a glitch or something - and sure enough, my TB was lost and it said only 1:33.39. I was bummed out - but at least I didn't lose my PB like some other guys did that night. I still have the replay of that sector 3 I did, if anyone knows of a way to force a replay to display the S3 - I would be in your debt. [SMOKE]

Added (2011-10-11, 8:29 PM)
Conscerning that WR S3 I had and the 1:33.11 tb - I remember Sin had showed up right after I got it, and I told him about how Pascal and I both had a 26.37 S3 and everything - and Sin said, "Congratulations". Branko was the one who told me about it as he was the one I beat on that race and he was watching all the !sc's. Unfortunately now nobody but Pascal, and Branko believes that I did it - and they make fun of me for thinking that I'm making it up. That's why I'd like to find a way to display the S3 time using the replay I saved of the race. But even if nobody believes me - it's okay, as long as I know it happened I guess. But it would be nice to prove it - because a few of my friends have lost some respect for me because they think I'm lying about a "convenient airio glitch that stole the proof". (Sorry for getting off-topic) [SMOKE]

Added (2011-10-11, 8:55 PM)
I think I should point out that when I say I got a WR S3, that I'm just calling it that because it was faster than the S3 in the current XFG WR. I'm sure it isn't the fastest XFG S3 in the world though. Because even though the WR guy's WR lap S3 was 26.38 or whatever - that doesn't mean that he or others haven't gotten a much better S3 at one point or another. It's just that his best S3 was likely on a lap that wasn't his WR lap - so it wouldn't show. Also, the fastest XFG S3 might've been done by somebody on a lap that wasn't the WR or their TB. So there's really know way of knowing what the fastest XFG BL1 S3 in the world is. Well.. there might be some way of knowing - but I can't think of it anyways. Again, I just called it a WR S3 in the sense that it was faster than the S3 on the real WR lap. But I know that I'm not that good, so I know that a ton of guys must've done much better S3's than 26.37. Gee wiz - all this talk about pb's and WR S3's and the way I talked about parallel parking in my first post - I sound like some kind of dis-allusioned, arrogant punk. But in actuality I know I'm still a mediocre and flawed driver at my current skill level. And allthough my "achievements" are noteworthy to me in as much as to feel good about my progress. I still know that I'm a wimpy fish in a sea of sharks lol.

SinDate: Tuesday, 2011-10-11, 11:18 PM | Message # 15
Alien Racer
Your still my hero on BL1 with XFG m8 good pray good

Team Member

[SMOKE]Date: Wednesday, 2011-10-12, 3:34 AM | Message # 16
Pro Racer
Yay!!! wine

Added (2011-10-12, 3:34 Am)
Okay here's the link to my latest pb: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPfD3pIR_Og
Or you can find it on my channel at: http://www.youtube.com/user/oldstarscream

rageshgrDate: Thursday, 2011-10-13, 2:03 AM | Message # 17
Intermediate
Hey Smoke!, Thanks for the elaborate answer. Oops! it didn't strike to me that LFSW/Aitio stuff is not displayed in replays. Regarding proof of ur TB, if you have the replay, then it will show second split, then lap time, it is a simple case of mathematics (lap time - 2nd split time) to prove anyone who watches that replay that you got such and such a S3 time right?? Why worry abt forcing S3 times in replay.

Message edited by rageshgr - Thursday, 2011-10-13, 2:04 AM

[SMOKE]Date: Thursday, 2011-10-13, 5:13 AM | Message # 18
Pro Racer
Hey thanks for the tip - Never thought about it that way. (I've allways hated math) biggrin

rageshgrDate: Thursday, 2011-10-13, 11:01 AM | Message # 19
Intermediate
Ha ha, cool, so now go and earn that respect from your friends back :P! For the record I have great respect for you. Because, one thing to drive a fast car fast. But it is exponentially more difficult to drive a slow car fast. Evey tiny extra movement will have a great impact on the times while driving XFG! You have driven it almost perfectly to get that 1:33.5

[SMOKE]Date: Thursday, 2011-10-13, 3:46 PM | Message # 20
Pro Racer
Nicest thing anyone's ever said to me cry
And also your advice has solved my problem. I am in your debt pray

SinDate: Thursday, 2011-10-13, 4:31 PM | Message # 21
Alien Racer
Peace and love on the internet , now there's a thing you don't see every day wink

Team Member

rageshgrDate: Thursday, 2011-10-13, 11:00 PM | Message # 22
Intermediate
Quote (|SMOKE|)
And also your advice has solved my problem

Glad to be of help dude smile

Quote (Sin)
Peace and love on the internet ,

Hail all the nice people in LFS!

Message edited by rageshgr - Thursday, 2011-10-13, 11:01 PM

[SMOKE]Date: Wednesday, 2012-11-14, 8:52 PM | Message # 23
Pro Racer
I decided to pop back in on the forums again - it's been too long since last I was here. And I realised I never posted that 1:33.50 video like I promised. Whoops! Allthough now my pb is 1:33.45, my pb displayed ingame of 33.27 was from a slipstream - So I consider 1:33.45 my pb. Never bothered to make a video of that yet - I keep waiting until I beat that time hehe. I've gotten 29.8x SC1's and 1:06.7x SC2's so I know I should beat that old 33.45 soon - I hope! Anyways - here's the old 1:33.50 video link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....re=plcp

My favorite video I've ever made though is a toss up between this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3unqzL_-BV8&feature=g-upl

Or this one:

Added (2012-11-14, 8:52 PM)
A video I made for B2R TwinCam, you might have allready seen it as it's been up for awhile - but if you haven't.. notice how freaking close that race was at some points. The craziest passes in the middle of the sweeper I've ever seen at Blackwood.

SinDate: Thursday, 2012-11-15, 0:59 AM | Message # 24
Alien Racer
That last one is awesome mate smile

Team Member

[SMOKE]Date: Wednesday, 2012-12-26, 7:53 PM | Message # 25
Pro Racer
The Trismo 1:32.77 XFG @ BL1 video is up:
http://www.youtube.com/user/oldstarscream
I'm currently in the process of trying to get Pascal to send me his replay of the 1:32.59 XFG BL1 he achieved (the #1 spot on !nr list @ [AMG]). Hope he sends it - can't wait to make that video!

Forum » Media » Video's » AMG GTI videos (Show us what you can do!)
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024