Tuesday, 2024-04-23, 6:06 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS

Welcome To The [A]uto [M]otive [G]odz Site & Forums

AMGMotorsports

Crasher !!! - Forum

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: B1gch0pper, Ryan  
Forum » Server's » Reports » Crasher !!! (BAN)
Crasher !!!
p0pDate: Monday, 2012-12-17, 8:21 PM | Message # 1
Noob
Group: Users
These you have on the server?????
All night can not drive!! and there is never any admins to find one ...

r44t

Code
http://www44.zippyshare.com/v/57111145/file.html

[SMOKE]Date: Monday, 2012-12-17, 11:09 PM | Message # 2
Pro Racer
Group: Team Member
Sorry I wasn't on last night, I had to work.

Added (2012-12-17, 10:41 PM)
---------------------------------------------
There are many admins for the server allready - I don't think it would do much good to add many more. The thing is that there will be times when all the admins are busy with their lives, jobs, children, sleeping or whatever. And during these times there may be crashers who are a problem. However, it's usually pretty easy to simply take it slow on the starting lap and let the crashers mess up and then drive past them unharmed. And when you see one waiting on the track in front of you - it's fun to work on your dodging skills avoiding them. I've gotten pretty good at dodging them and they rarely get me. I just don't take it too seriously - it is a game afterall.
But when there is a real troublemaker out there that you just can't seem to avoid - the proper way to handle it is to save the replay, then post the replay in the reports thread and Sin can watch the replay and then ban them. If you only post a picture or only describe your frustrations without the replay as evidence - then don't expect justice. Step 1: save the replay Step 2: post the replay here - That simple

Added (2012-12-17, 11:09 PM)
---------------------------------------------
I think I'll try to explain the whole lack of admin thing a little more clearly if I can. The admins aren't paid to monitor the server - they're just regular guys like you and me who get on LFS sometimes and race a little. So naturally there are times when they aren't there to help. Also there are even times when they are there but they're too busy racing to notice everything. This is just the way it is. Some servers have adopted the vote to ban sytem to try and deal with this issue. However, if you've ever been to one of those vote to ban servers like I have, you'll notice that things are usually even worse there. When you give anybody (even crashers themselves) the power to ban then all you will get is the constant abuse of that power. I've been to a server with the voting system before and was doing much better than the other racers and some of them were jealous of my skills and decided to vote to ban me to make themselves feel better or to better their chances at winning or whatever.. And wouldn't you know it - as soon as the "vote to ban [SMOKE] press 1" came up - everyone pressed 1 assuming this [SMOKE] guy must be some sort of crasher - they didn't even investigate, and I was banned wrongfully. So that's why [AMG] doesn't use this system. Now with admins who are chosen carefully for their maturity and descretion there should never be anyone who is wrongfully banned. However, if I understood a post you made yesterday correctly - you said that you were indeed banned wrongfully. Which is why we try and be carefull as to who is given administrative authority and those who are found to abuse that power are relieved of their authority. So you can see that this is why there isn't a multitude of admins on call 24/7 - it's because there aren't enough trustworthy people around. So what you end up with is about a dozen admins only that (hopefully) are trustworthy, but the odds of having admins around at all times of the day aren't so great. It's not a perfect system - but it's the best way to do it. And that's why [AMG] servers are so loved. Now for those who can't seem to agree with the way things work on the [AMG] servers, their more than welcome to try some of those other servers - but I guarantee you that they'll come running back because it isn't any better anywhere else.

ReflexDate: Tuesday, 2012-12-18, 1:22 AM | Message # 3
Amatuer
great post Smoke... good

Team Member

[SMOKE]Date: Tuesday, 2012-12-18, 1:43 AM | Message # 4
Pro Racer
Thanks buddy - I try. moonw

SinDate: Tuesday, 2012-12-18, 1:56 AM | Message # 5
Alien Racer
Group: Administrators
here here Smoke - admin was given to p0p but it wasn't used in the way that it was meant to be, hence the new posts I'm guessing...

Team Member

p0pDate: Tuesday, 2012-12-18, 4:44 PM | Message # 6
Noob
Smoke...
If you only post a picture or only describe your frustrations without the replay as evidence - then don't expect justice. Step 1: save the replay Step 2: post the replay here - That simple

See below the picture a little better .... I think it has a link with MPR film! wink

"Sin" OK.You're the boss smile

Message edited by p0p - Tuesday, 2012-12-18, 4:48 PM

[SMOKE]Date: Tuesday, 2012-12-18, 6:06 PM | Message # 7
Pro Racer
Whoops! I totally didn't even see that link - I'm so sorry about that pOp. lumped

SinDate: Tuesday, 2012-12-18, 6:40 PM | Message # 8
Alien Racer
Group: Administrators
I had a few minutes so took a look at the replay, action was taken.

Team Member

p0pDate: Wednesday, 2012-12-19, 1:44 PM | Message # 9
Noob
No problem!
Every good biggrin

Forum » Server's » Reports » Crasher !!! (BAN)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024